It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for creating Magog. It was helpful and also enjoyable to read stuffs about games that were removed too soon (Obscure, Cryostasis...).
high rated
Drats. I really don't like what I just read in this thread. Can't blame mrkgnao, tho.

Good luck mate, and thank you for all the hard work you have put into giving us what Gog never could: a decent way to browse and filter their catalogue.
She will be missed...
high rated
mrkgnao: I believe I have given one clue as to what lies ahead for her in space...
Well, Ellen Ripley took care of the Alien once and for all, didn't she?

JackknifeJohnson: Sad, but I understand.

Will you still post in The "what did just update?" thread?

EDIT
:((
Sorry for the belated reply, though I guess that the answer's rather obvious by now. Should you, however, feel inclined enough, you're welcome to take over.
Post edited October 19, 2020 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
mrkgnao: I believe I have given one clue as to what lies ahead for her in space...
HypersomniacLive: Well, Ellen Ripley took care of the Alien once and for all, didn't she?
It's a common misconception. Jones did all the work; Ripley got all the credit.
high rated
mrkgnao: It's a common misconception. Jones did all the work; Ripley got all the credit.
— Mrkgnao!
high rated
mrkgnao: It's a common misconception. Jones did all the work; Ripley got all the credit.
HypersomniacLive: — Mrkgnao!
Indeed.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
high rated
Reminder: MaGog will go offline in just under a month.

If you have stored any information on MaGog, you now have almost a month to back it up before it's gone where no search engine has gone before. The recommended way to do that is to create a MaGog query with all the information you want kept (e.g. My Date, My Price, My Tags, My Notes, etc.) about all the games you want (e.g. owned, wishlisted, etc.), in whatever order you want, then under options change the output format from "HTML" to "JSON". Run the query and save the output to a text file (with a .json extension). What you do with it afterwards is up to you, but many programs nowadays accept JSON as an input.
also magog.txt file and gogmix.json (legacy gogmixopedia). But gogmix is abailable from Web Archive service and no updated. Same magog.txt, but teorethecally it can be updated in that last month.
high rated
QWEEDDYZ: ...
also magog.txt file and gogmix.json (legacy gogmixopedia). But gogmix is abailable from Web Archive service and no updated. Same magog.txt, but teorethecally it can be updated in that last month.
Good point.

Here are the links for these two files for those who want to download them for historical purposes:
http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/magog.txt
http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/gogmix.json

The first file is still being updated regularly, for the most part, and will continue to be updated until 31 December 2020. Both will disappear on 1 January 2021.
high rated
Two more weeks, and I can tell you that MaGog is already counting the days.
Erh... Some features will be missed for sure. Even with two files above. There is no simple page\url links to games changelogs.
I hope each page are archived by Web Archive, but im afraid that it must be manually added and everyone just like me - too lasy to do this.
rip magog :(
high rated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szavq0lrFtg