It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Luc2k: WARNING: MaGog was unable to identify the following "owned" games:
- 1971477531 (o)

Is it Limbo?

Thanks
No. It's Gwent. I'll tell MaGog to ignore it, at least until it is released on GOG.
Thanks.
How does MaGog do the sort by Latest File Change?
I can't see anything in the JSON that suggests a last edited date or similar...

Would it be possible to get that data so I can use it to sort the library on Gog by most recently updated games?

I could probably come up with something myself that pulls the database from MaGog and compares changes, but if that info is already there and I could access it then it would save some time...
high rated
adaliabooks: How does MaGog do the sort by Latest File Change?
I can't see anything in the JSON that suggests a last edited date or similar...

Would it be possible to get that data so I can use it to sort the library on Gog by most recently updated games?

I could probably come up with something myself that pulls the database from MaGog and compares changes, but if that info is already there and I could access it then it would save some time...
Alas, that information is available only for games I own. It's simply the latest file modification date of all the files of the game (obtained by accessing each and every file separately, hence available only for games I own).

The relevant variable is called "dl_max_mod_num" (format YYYYMMDD). It can be seen in the database txt file (http://an-ovel.com/downloads/magog.txt), but I don't think I added it to the JSON output. I can do that if you want. Let me know.
high rated
mrkgnao: Alas, that information is available only for games I own. It's simply the latest file modification date of all the files of the game (obtained by accessing each and every file separately, hence available only for games I own).

The relevant variable is called "dl_max_mod_num" (format YYYYMMDD). It can be seen in the database txt file (http://an-ovel.com/downloads/magog.txt), but I don't think I added it to the JSON output. I can do that if you want. Let me know.
Ah.

Don't worry, if it's not there for all games it's probably not entirely useful for sorting libraries...
Besides, I'd probably pull it straight from the database so if I can use it I'll do so from there.

Thanks!
Forgive a noob for not having the time to read the whole thread and the tutorial is a mile long, but Im not seeing any way to simply type a search term in a box. And what about a way to search for other forum members?
high rated
hairydangler: Forgive a noob for not having the time to read the whole thread and the tutorial is a mile long, but Im not seeing any way to simply type a search term in a box. And what about a way to search for other forum members?
What do you mean other forum members?
MaGog is a search tool for the games library that allows you to search on a variety of (quite indepth) properties. It has nothing to do with the forums. The only part where you could search for members is in the wishlisted section, where certain Gog users have elected to have their wishlists scanned and included on MaGog (for statistics, nosiness and gifting).
high rated
hairydangler: Forgive a noob for not having the time to read the whole thread and the tutorial is a mile long, but Im not seeing any way to simply type a search term in a box. And what about a way to search for other forum members?
And what do you mean can't see a way to type a search term in a box? That's basically what you do, you just have to select what that search term is from the pulldown first. The search box is there in the filters section, after you select the first filter.

Also, you can add MaGOG to browser search engines. For a default setting for a title search for Firefox and Chrome I believe it says how to do that in the tutorial. For different settings or other browsers you can use http://www.enhanceie.com/IE/SearchBuilder.asp (or for Vivaldi (and maybe other Chromium browsers?) you do it manually). So (bar that auto FF/Chrome addition) you can have custom MaGOG searches, like developer search, a search excluding DLCs, a title search sorted by price and addition date, whatever, added to your browser, then you just type in the search box, select it and go.
Post edited November 29, 2016 by Cavalary
hairydangler:
adaliabooks: What do you mean other forum members?
MaGog is a search tool for the games library that allows you to search on a variety of (quite indepth) properties. It has nothing to do with the forums. The only part where you could search for members is in the wishlisted section, where certain Gog users have elected to have their wishlists scanned and included on MaGog (for statistics, nosiness and gifting).
Ok, thanks for the info. I kindve thought it was for the forums for some reasonl. Seems to me the forum has the more lacking search function. I like a way to search for member posts sometimes. Also I like a wayo search or threads instead Im getting individual posts. But I guess thats a topic for another thread.

hairydangler:
Cavalary: And what do you mean can't see a way to type a search term in a box? That's basically what you do, you just have to select what that search term is from the pulldown first. The search box is there in the filters section, after you select the first filter.

Also, you can add MaGOG to browser search engines. For a default setting for a title search for Firefox and Chrome I believe it says how to do that in the tutorial. For different settings or other browsers you can use http://www.enhanceie.com/IE/SearchBuilder.asp (or for Vivaldi (and maybe other Chromium browsers?) you do it manually). So (bar that auto FF/Chrome addition) you can have custom MaGOG searches, like developer search, a search excluding DLCs, a title search sorted by price and addition date, whatever, added to your browser, then you just type in the search box, select it and go.
Thanks! That helped! Although what I really need is a more useful forum search. Thanks guys!
Post edited November 29, 2016 by hairydangler
high rated
hairydangler: Ok, thanks for the info. I kindve thought it was for the forums for some reasonl. Seems to me the forum has the more lacking search function. I like a way to search for member posts sometimes. Also I like a wayo search or threads instead Im getting individual posts. But I guess thats a topic for another thread.
Oh, the forum's lacking most of anything...
You may want to look over here for something about that.
hairydangler: Ok, thanks for the info. I kindve thought it was for the forums for some reasonl. Seems to me the forum has the more lacking search function. I like a way to search for member posts sometimes. Also I like a wayo search or threads instead Im getting individual posts. But I guess thats a topic for another thread.
Cavalary: Oh, the forum's lacking most of anything...
You may want to look over here for something about that.
Thats exactly what I was looking for. I hope that link is in one of the stickied threads. Very helpful. Thanks again.
Post edited November 29, 2016 by hairydangler
high rated
adaliabooks: What do you mean other forum members?
As Cavalry has mentioned I have a script which (among other things) adds some extra search functions to the forum. It's not perfect, you can search a forum for threads made by a person but not for threads containing posts by a person (if that makes sense) and there's a limit to how many pages you can search at a time (about 300 or 400 I think). But you can search within threads for posts by a user.
high rated
I have moved MaGog's updates to be an hour earlier than usual to better coincide with the sale's schedule. MaGog's database should thus be up to date about two hours after GOG adds new games to the sale, i.e. around 13:00 UTC.
Post edited December 02, 2016 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: I have moved MaGog's updates to be an hour earlier than usual to better coincide with the sale's schedule. MaGog's database should thus be up to date about two hours after GOG adds new games to the sale, i.e. around 13:00 UTC.
Thanks for the heads up!

I assume this is a temporary measure and MaGog will go back to her former update schedule, isn't it? If so, why not move it to around 12:00 UTC, so it gets in sync with the new sales only one hour after they appear, and not two hours?
high rated
mrkgnao: I have moved MaGog's updates to be an hour earlier than usual to better coincide with the sale's schedule. MaGog's database should thus be up to date about two hours after GOG adds new games to the sale, i.e. around 13:00 UTC.
muntdefems: Thanks for the heads up!

I assume this is a temporary measure and MaGog will go back to her former update schedule, isn't it? If so, why not move it to around 12:00 UTC, so it gets in sync with the new sales only one hour after they appear, and not two hours?
Because MaGog's update run takes about 90-100 minutes to complete. I start it at 11:30 UTC (to give GOG a grace period of 30 minutes to get everything in place) and so it ends around 13:00 UTC.
mrkgnao: Because MaGog's update run takes about 90-100 minutes to complete. I start it at 11:30 UTC (to give GOG a grace period of 30 minutes to get everything in place) and so it ends around 13:00 UTC.
Oh, wow, I didn't expect it to take so long for every update. Never mind, then. :)