It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The box to select the genres is only 3-4 entries high. It could maybe be higher.
Trilarion: The box to select the genres is only 3-4 entries high. It could maybe be higher.
The same is true for all multi-select boxes. It's a compromise between having enough visibility and not taking too much screen space (especially relevant if you use several multi-select filters in one search. I wish there were a standard way to have collapsible multi-select boxes, similar to regular drop-down menus, but I haven't found one yet.

While writing this I came with an idea which I will test later. Will let you know...
Post edited June 04, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 1.2.2 has been released with the following features:
* Added filtering by "is exactly" under the "Price" and "Stars" filters [suggested by Grargar]
* Changed the text colour in the alternative "dark grey" colour scheme from white to light grey [suggested by HypersomniacLive]

Thank you for your suggestions. Some have been implemented and are now online.
Ah yes, so much better, my eyes thank you for your consideration and kindness! :-)
Trilarion: The box to select the genres is only 3-4 entries high. It could maybe be higher.
Found a solution. I will have 3-4 entries when the box is not in focus (i.e. not currently selecting from it) and increase it to 10 lines when in focus (i.e. actively selecting).
Thank you very much for this piece of software :) GoG should really take in consideration to pirate this ;)
Only thing I need now is something to search whole threads for blue text that's not cited. Would make find official statements in discussion threads a lot easier :/
Keep up the good work!
mrkgnao: * Added filtering by "is exactly" under the "Price" and "Stars" filters [suggested by Grargar]
Thank you for the implementation.
TheMechanist: Only thing I need now is something to search whole threads for blue text that's not cited. Would make find official statements in discussion threads a lot easier :/
You have it. Just click the icon or add ?staff=yes to the end of the thread title.
Attachments:
staff.png (2 Kb)
Gydion: You have it. Just click the icon or add ?staff=yes to the end of the thread title.
Well, thank you very much sir :)
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 1.3.0 has been released with the following features:
* Added fitering by, sorting by and display of "Addition Date" and "Age on Addition" [information supplied by JMich]
* Changed all multiple-selection boxes (e.g. those under the "Genres" filter) to expand in size (from 3-4 entries to 10) when being actively selected [suggested by Trilarion]
* Changed the database update schedule to take place twice a day, rather than once
* Began sending version information to the server to improve backward and forward compatibility

Trilarion:
Thank you for your suggestion. It has been implemented and is now online.
Post edited June 05, 2014 by mrkgnao
Hey the "requirements" column seems bugged: even if I remove win+mac+patched, I still get it.
Can you check it?

Also:
- can you enlarge that column, so that the details don't cause super tall rows?
- maybe, to avoid unnecessary big scans, you should set a default search for newbies that doesn't look for everything. (ex: only latest games)

Thanks

p.s: how do you obtain GOG's data exactly? html scan for all site? O_o
Post edited June 05, 2014 by phaolo
phaolo: Hey the "requirements" column seems bugged: even if I remove win+mac+patched, I still get it.
Can you check it?
Are you using a url you have saved/bookmarked before the current version?
If so, you need to recreate it from the search engine (or simply add "&ver=130" at the end).
This is an expected side effect of the introduction of version numbers.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

EDIT: on second thought, I realised this might be confusing to quite a few users, so reverted that change. Should be OK now even without the "&ver=130". Sorry.

phaolo: Also:
- can you enlarge that column, so that the details don't cause super tall rows?
This is controlled by the browser and is very difficult to manage consistently across different browsers, platforms and screen sizes.

phaolo: - maybe, to avoid unnecessary big scans, you should set a default search for newbies that doesn't look for everything. (ex: only latest games)
Thanks
I'll think about it.
phaolo: p.s: how do you obtain GOG's data exactly? html scan for all site? O_o
yep
Post edited June 05, 2014 by mrkgnao
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 1.3.1 has been released with the following features:
* Added the total count of games found to the top of the results page (under "Row#")
* Fixed a bug that caused system requirements to be displayed even when not specifically requested
* Fixed a bug that caused unexpected results when multiple empty filters were sent as search criteria
Magog, as in the biblical/Genesis character?
high rated
sauvignon1: Magog, as in the biblical/Genesis character?
Gog and Magog have a long and complex history, ranging from Biblical nations to British giants:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog
mrkgnao: on second thought, I realised this might be confusing to quite a few users, so reverted that change. Should be OK now even without the "&ver=130". Sorry.[..]
This is controlled by the browser and is very difficult to manage consistently across different browsers, platforms and screen sizes.[..]
Fixed now :)
Ok for the rest, thanks.