It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: Until then, don't worry about the bandwidth and server load, but while testing your code you might want to work with a local file.
Oh, that goes without saying! Do not worry about it. :-)

So you mean to say that GOG does not appear to be extremely consistent in the data they provide. I was hoping they were very careful with it, to say the truth. I'll have to see how bad it gets... Still, I thing the hard part — retrieving the data — is already done by you.

If I can get some good data, maybe I can provide some useful contribution to the GOG Wiki. I don't know what they really need over there.
high rated
Gede: So you mean to say that GOG does not appear to be extremely consistent in the data they provide.
Thank you! I really needed the laugh.

Frankly, I would say, that GOG is extremely consistent in being inconsistent wherever it can.

Do note that some it will be hidden from you because MaGog corrects quite a bit of GOG's data on the fly and what it exports is the cleaned-up data.
high rated
Gede: Oh, that goes without saying! Do not worry about it. :-)

So you mean to say that GOG does not appear to be extremely consistent in the data they provide. I was hoping they were very careful with it, to say the truth. I'll have to see how bad it gets... Still, I thing the hard part — retrieving the data — is already done by you.

If I can get some good data, maybe I can provide some useful contribution to the GOG Wiki. I don't know what they really need over there.
I can certainly back up mrkgnao here; GoG's data is very inconsistent. And littered with variables that don't seem to serve any purpose (insomuch as they don't represent the same thing for all games so seem to be fairly useless...)
high rated
mrkgnao: Yes. It is possible, but unlikely.

The format of movie pages is quite different from that of game pages and it would require a lot of work to add them. Given the small (and decidedly unchanging) number of movies, I do not feel it is worth the trouble at the moment.
amrit9037: I just want to see who wishlisted them
While waiting for your reply to my earlier post, I went ahead and implemented the easier solution for me, listing those people who have at least one movie on their wishlist.

Here is the list:
Bigs has 19 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Dessimu has 11 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
dick1982 has 8 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Getcomposted has 6 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Goatbrush has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Intyalle has 9 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
jadegiant has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Jagger2k7 has 2 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Klumpen0815 has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Nesoo has 7 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Pardinuz has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
PaterAlf has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
penumbren has 5 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Piranjade has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
REDVWIN has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Rolodzeo has 4 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
skeletonbow has 7 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
skimmie has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
ssokolow has 2 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Treasure has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
vulchor has 2 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Wurzelkraft has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
yukiai01 has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
zeffyr has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!

Do let me know if that is good enough or you need further assistance.
Post edited January 15, 2016 by mrkgnao
amrit9037: I just want to see who wishlisted them
mrkgnao: While waiting for your reply to my earlier post, I went ahead and implemented the easier solution for me, listing those people who have at least one movie on their wishlist.

Here is the list:
Bigs has 19 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Dessimu has 11 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
dick1982 has 8 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Getcomposted has 6 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Goatbrush has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Intyalle has 9 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
jadegiant has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Jagger2k7 has 2 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Klumpen0815 has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Nesoo has 7 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Pardinuz has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
PaterAlf has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
penumbren has 5 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Piranjade has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
REDVWIN has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Rolodzeo has 4 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
skeletonbow has 7 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
skimmie has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
ssokolow has 2 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Treasure has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
vulchor has 2 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
Wurzelkraft has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
yukiai01 has 3 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!
zeffyr has 1 movie(s) on his/her wishlist!

Do let me know if that is good enough or you need further assistance.
Wow, Thank you. It's more than what I asked for.
Sorry for all trouble I caused you.
high rated
amrit9037: Wow, Thank you. It's more than what I asked for.
Sorry for all trouble I caused you.
No trouble. I enjoy helping where I can.
Is MaGog helpful for this issue? Can it help me?
high rated
Azhdar: Is MaGog helpful for this issue? Can it help me?
The only help MaGog can offer, which from your posts you seem to be already aware of, is to tell you the date of the GOG installer/patch (and even that only for games I own). If GOG does not offer a changelog there is little we can do about it,

And as a GOG customer, you should get used to being treated as second class to steam customers. I can live with it.
high rated
Note:
It will probably take me a week or so to add MaGog support for displaying and filtering the new "features": "In Development". "Achievements", "Leaderboards", and "Controller Support", since I am currently abroad and even when I return there is still one major feature I want to release first.
Post edited January 28, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 7.0.0 has been released with the following features:

* Added the ability to save MaGog's current settings under a given profile name for later use
*** Note: A profile saves all of MaGog's settings (i.e. Scope, Filters, Display, Order, Options, My Tags Checkboxes) with the notable and intentional exception of colour scheme.
*** Note: Profile names may only contain letters, digits and underscores (not spaces), and should not begin with an underscore.
*** Note: Loading a profile completely overwrites all of the current settings (with the notable and intentional exception of colour scheme).
*** Note: However, loading a profile also leads to the automatic creation of a new profile called "_magogs_undo", which allows you to restore the pre-load settings.
*** Note: If an older "_magogs_undo" profile already exists it is unceremoniously overwritten; and loading "_magogs_undo" itself does not create a "_magogs_undo".
*** Note: The profile system comes with one pre-made profile called "_magogs_default", which restores MaGog to its default settings (with one notable and intentional exception).
mrkgnao: * Added the ability to save MaGog's current settings under a given profile name for later use
Levelup!
mrkgnao:
This is neat. But question, how/where is it saved? Cookie, so if cleared or change browser or computer it's goodbye? Or is there something you can actually keep somehow?
high rated
mrkgnao:
Cavalary: This is neat. But question, how/where is it saved? Cookie, so if cleared or change browser or computer it's goodbye? Or is there something you can actually keep somehow?
It's kept in the browser's local storage. I plan to add the ability to export/import profiles in a week or two.
high rated
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Version 7.0.1 has been released with the following features:

* Sadly added a new scope: "Games In Development"
* Changed the name of the "Game Modes" field to "Features"
* Added support for three new features: "Achievements", "Controller Support" and "Leaderboards"
* Prevented "Games In Development" from being counted in most of the tables on the metrics page (except for the table dealing with regional pricing)
mrkgnao: save MaGog's current settings under a given profile name
I've tried the profile feature and it seems to work, but there are a few bugs:

-1 the selectable values aren't restored. For example:
my tags - is none of - owned,unwanted <-- not highlighted anymore and so ignored.

-2 some additional fields aren't cleared.
For example with this sequence:

order1 -> date asc
save profile as test1

order1 -> price desc
order2 -> title asc
save profile as test2

load profile test1
order1 = date asc
order2 = title asc <--wrong, it should be empty
Post edited January 31, 2016 by phaolo