It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: Good catch!

MaGog can now display downloadable file information for "Ion Fury" (or, as GOG refers to it, "ion_maiden_game").
HypersomniacLive: Perhaps also check the other games you had listed in the "what did just update" a while back?
I did that. It's the only one that has become accessible. It's also the only one that isn't a removed game.
high rated
mrkgnao: I did that. It's the only one that has become accessible. It's also the only one that isn't a removed game.
Perhaps GOG doesn't want us to track changes to removed games (as in they're only for those that already have them)? Then again, MaGog is able to track other removed ones, isn't she? Which only confirms the one constant thing about GOG - consistent in being inconsistent, eh?
mrkgnao: I did that. It's the only one that has become accessible. It's also the only one that isn't a removed game.
HypersomniacLive: Perhaps GOG doesn't want us to track changes to removed games (as in they're only for those that already have them)? Then again, MaGog is able to track other removed ones, isn't she? Which only confirms the one constant thing about GOG - consistent in being inconsistent, eh?
Well put.
high rated
Small update:

* Added "Mac OS X 10.15.0 or newer" to the list of searchable operating systems
high rated
Justifys: Maybe once a day (or more) would be well enough at this point.
Considering that about 75% of update runs (i.e. about 3 out 4 daily runs) contain information that I would like to obtain as quickly as possible (e.g. sales, downloadable file updates), I see no reason to do less than four updates a day. And, for once, MaGog agrees with me.
high rated
As you may (or may not) have noticed, since the Winter Sale has begun, a fair amount of the data presented by GOG is "rather questionable".

At any given moment, about 50-150 random games have funny titles (product_title_#), up to 50 random games are missing altogether, prices and/or currencies are wrong, etc., etc., with affected games changing from minute to minute. I guess this is GOG's new solution for server overload, instead of the faithful gogbear of yesteryear.

Luckily, after years of having to deal with GOG's data, MaGog's logic is robust enough to deal with almost all of this, allowing her to correctly update her database without these aberrations contaminating her data.

Almost, I say, because one aspect is at the moment just too chaotic even for MaGog to brave, and that is regional pricing. Therefore, until GOG fixes its data (which will hopefully happen automatically as soon as GOG traffic slows down a bit), MaGog has decided (on her own, through no intervention of mine) to refrain from updating her regional pricing data. She will automatically resume as soon as she considers GOG's data to be reasonably dependable (and not before).

So, currently everything is up to date on MaGog, except for regional prices (i.e. non-US/PK prices), which continue to carry the values they had six hours before the sale began.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by mrkgnao
high rated
While waiting for GOG's torrent of product_title_# games to abate --- which it hasn't yet --- I thought of a way to slightly modify MaGog's algorithms to allow her to safely update regional prices despite the currently unpredictable nature of GOG data.

And it seems to work, so now regional pricing is also up-to-date. Enjoy.
high rated
mrkgnao: As you may (or may not) have noticed, since the Winter Sale has begun, a fair amount of the data presented by GOG is "rather questionable".

At any given moment, about 50-150 random games have funny titles (product_title_#), up to 50 random games are missing altogether, prices and/or currencies are wrong, etc., etc., with affected games changing from minute to minute. I guess this is GOG's new solution for server overload, instead of the faithful gogbear of yesteryear. [...]
*sigh*

As noted here, exactly the same thing was happening during the Black Friday Sale. It was on a smaller scale, but that may have been due to no freebie and no GOG-Connect. Either way, I think we have a new trend.
high rated
mrkgnao: As you may (or may not) have noticed, since the Winter Sale has begun, a fair amount of the data presented by GOG is "rather questionable".

At any given moment, about 50-150 random games have funny titles (product_title_#), up to 50 random games are missing altogether, prices and/or currencies are wrong, etc., etc., with affected games changing from minute to minute. I guess this is GOG's new solution for server overload, instead of the faithful gogbear of yesteryear. [...]
HypersomniacLive: *sigh*

As noted here, exactly the same thing was happening during the Black Friday Sale. It was on a smaller scale, but that may have been due to no freebie and no GOG-Connect. Either way, I think we have a new trend.
They seem to have fixed it this morning. No product_title_# seen for more than six hours now.
high rated
mrkgnao: They seem to have fixed it this morning. No product_title_# seen for more than six hours now.
During the Black Friday Sale it also lasted for about 24hrs.

Curious to see how things go when the next big sale's on.
high rated
Minor update:

* Changed the pack composition and series composition logic to count Collections together with Premium Editions
* Changed the behaviour of the profile save button, so that now, after saving, it no longer clears the profile name text box, in case you want to edit and save the profile more than once
high rated
Update:

* Added Malaysia and New Zealand to the list of searchable countries with regionally-blocked games
high rated
I haven't posted about any of the updates in the past five or so months, as they were pretty minor, but anyhow, here goes:

* Split a region being monitored for regional pricing into two: "Most of Latin America (AR)" into "Most of Latin America (AR)" and "Costa Rica (CR)"
--- Note: The reason for this is that "West of Loathing" and its DLC both have different prices in these two regions.

* Added "Mac OS X 10.12.1 or newer" to the list of searchable operating systems
* Extended all of MaGog's date-related filters to support dates until 2030 (was 2020)
* Added 2019 statistics to the tables on the metrics page
high rated
* Added the ability to filter separately by audio language and by text language (until now language filtering was only available in general, regardless of audio or text)
--- Note: Do remember that the language information on MaGog is obtained as is from GOG; and for quite a few games and DLCs, this information might be questionable at best.
--- Note: For example, most soundtrack DLCs are marked as "Audio and text: English".

* Added Singapore to the list of searchable countries with regionally-blocked games
high rated
* Added filtering and sorting by removal date (relevant only for removed games, obviously)
--- Note: As before, the removal date is displayed as part of the game title. Quirky, I know, but that's how MaGog likes it.

* Added one more table (Table XVI: Games Removed by Year) to the metrics page

* Added filtering by the game having three genres listed, or not