It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sanjuro: Thanks for the info, but nothing really changes for me. When buying a game, I'll still be comparing prices in different stores, give the DRM-free ones a little more attention (since I like to actually keep the installers just in case) and choose the best deal.
I am willing to pay more for DRM-free games, but there are limits to how much more I'm willing to pay. Try to stay within those limits. Please.
Same goes for me :D but i would like to add another thing:

As long as all the games work on win7-64 bits with the very minimum of tinkering, i can agree,
i also agree on the part that there are indeed limits like you said to how much more I am willing and able to buy.
If every year the price would go up in euros by 50 cents, well than it will get to expensive at the end and i have no money to burn.

If prices get higher because of change in currency exchange rates then i can understand it, and then i wont nag :D

And I also like to keep the installers, just in case like you said.
I have my doubts people understand what is written in the original post.
GabiMoro: I have my doubts people understand what is written in the original post.
Which post do you mean?
GabiMoro: I have my doubts people understand what is written in the original post.
Matruchus: Which post do you mean?
All posts that mention regional pricing when in fact the OP talks about games with world-wide flat price which have the option to pay in local currency.
Matruchus: Which post do you mean?
GabiMoro: All posts that mention regional pricing when in fact the OP talks about games with world-wide flat price which have the option to pay in local currency.
Well as you know the threads usually derail in to regional pricing but its true that this thread is basically about currency exchange rates change to which the prices were accordingly adjusted. Although its fair to say that the OP forgot to mention that prices for regional priced games where accordingly adjusted also in regard to the currency change.
It's not hard to take a look at the exchange rate for the past few years. I urge anyone intent on discussing this to do that.

That said, that's what I've done and here's my personal conclusion, everyone else is obviously welcome to their own:
Interesting how you've chosen a time in which the € exchange rate supports your decision, rather than the average for the last few years. The average is much closer to your earlier pricing. But the rate went up over the year. So your position is understandable.

If you regularly adjust your pricing according to actual exchange rates, and I'll accept this as an honest attempt at remaining profitable without screwing us over and remain a loyal customer.
Oh, I see. Using "exchange rates" as an excuse to hitch the prices up for the next 18 months, when it best profits you. Thanks for not screwing us over. No, wait, you did.

Can't see myself buying anything from you in the near future. 50 cents of an euro is a lot of money to a person on a disability pension.

And that is not all.

You used to give us fair prices and good old games. I haven't seen many OLD GAME RELEASES for at least half a year now, it is all "indie" garbage I am not interested in. I am not saying indie games are bad, I just feel the GoG should not focus on them like they do right now.

Where is Dungeon Master?
Where is Chaos Strikes Back?
Where is Eye Of The Beholder?
Where is Eye Of The Beholder 2: Legend of the Darkmoon?
Where is Eye Of The Beholder 3: Assault oh Myth Drannor?
Where are the GOOD OLD GAMES?

Unless you give me an option to go back to USD pricing, I am not buying.
SoanoS: Unless you give me an option to go back to USD pricing, I am not buying.
You can still pay with USD, just change the currency at the bottom of the page (see pic). The only thing you need to be aware of, are the games with regional pricing, you can find a list of them here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_priced_games_on_gog/post1
Attachments:
currency.png (241 Kb)
SoanoS: Unless you give me an option to go back to USD pricing, I am not buying.
moonshineshadow: You can still pay with USD, just change the currency at the bottom of the page (see pic). The only thing you need to be aware of, are the games with regional pricing, you can find a list of them here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_priced_games_on_gog/post1
Thank you, I shall change my settings right away.
Today, we were forced to once more update the local prices in RUB and GBP as per exchange rate changes. Here are the examples of the most popular prices, as they look after the update.

5,99$ = 3,89 GBP = 289 RUB

9,99$ = 6,39 GBP = 479 RUB

14,99$ = 9,59 GBP = 719 RUB

EUR and AUD prices did not change.

We will communicate any future adjustments in the forum thread for this topic, so please follow it if you're interested in the future development for local prices.
did the EUR to $ rate change again?
apehater: did the EUR to $ rate change again?
Still looks the same to me. Do you have a specific example?
apehater: did the EUR to $ rate change again?
Grargar: Still looks the same to me. Do you have a specific example?
two days ago kings bounty warriors of the north complete did cost 5.99 EUR now its 6.09 EUR and redneck rampage is now 2.49 EUR two days ago it was 2.39 EUR.
Post edited December 12, 2014 by apehater
apehater: two days ago kings bounty warriors of the north complete did cost 5.99 EUR now its 6.09 EUR and redneck rampage is now 2.49 EUR two days ago it was 2.39 EUR.
That's pretty strange, if you ask me. Especially when the base price is unaltered (€23.79 for Warriors of the North and €4.79 for Redneck Rampage). There must be something funny going on with the discount (74% instead of 75% and 48% instead of 50%).
apehater: two days ago kings bounty warriors of the north complete did cost 5.99 EUR now its 6.09 EUR and redneck rampage is now 2.49 EUR two days ago it was 2.39 EUR.
Grargar: That's pretty strange, if you ask me. Especially when the base price is unaltered (€23.79 for Warriors of the North and €4.79 for Redneck Rampage). There must be something funny going on with the discount (74% instead of 75% and 48% instead of 50%).
that were only 2 examples, but there are pretty much discount changes and it started today or yesterday. i guess gog changed the discount instead of base price, because they arent able to change the base price during the sale without further problems. but why not just wait till the end of the sale or at least an announcement, its a shitty way to treat customers.