It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MetalPlateMage: EDIT2: I tried Bastion on Windows for good measure and runs without steam too. Doesn't let you nuke the steam dlls though.
Does it play though? When I tried it, there was no readable text, nor was I able to save the game. Now to search where I had posted about it before.

Edit: Found it
Post edited August 31, 2014 by JMich
MetalPlateMage: EDIT2: I tried Bastion on Windows for good measure and runs without steam too. Doesn't let you nuke the steam dlls though.
JMich: Does it play though? When I tried it, there was no readable text, nor was I able to save the game. Now to search where I had posted about it before.

Edit: Found it
Interesting. Just re-tested it here and all that stuff looks fine for me, and I didn't get any corrupted text - prompts and main menus show up properly and everything. *shrug*
MetalPlateMage: Interesting. Just re-tested it here and all that stuff looks fine for me, and I didn't get any corrupted text - prompts and main menus show up properly and everything. *shrug*
Thank you for re-testing. It is possible that it was changed in the last 2 months (since I did the testing), or it may have to do with how Bastion determines the language to use. It may have been looking for a Greek language option (but why?), and failing to find it, caused those errors.
Now to redownload and recheck.
MetalPlateMage: Interesting. Just re-tested it here and all that stuff looks fine for me, and I didn't get any corrupted text - prompts and main menus show up properly and everything. *shrug*
JMich: Thank you for re-testing. It is possible that it was changed in the last 2 months (since I did the testing), or it may have to do with how Bastion determines the language to use. It may have been looking for a Greek language option (but why?), and failing to find it, caused those errors.
Now to redownload and recheck.
FWIW I use English (though that's probably obvious) and just moved it out of the Steam directory as usual. As you said (and me as well) it hard links to the steam dlls, but doesn't seem to actually require the client (in fact I accidentally ran it once with the client open and was able to close the client with Bastion running). Would be interested to know your results.
Hey guys, I added the following over at Wikia after successfully getting them to load as per the instructions. I like adventure games, can you tell? I didn't test Black Mirror 1 (as I don't have it), so would be great if someone could fill that gap :)

AGS games:
Heroine's Quest
Resonance
Primordia
The Samaritan Paradox
Quest For Infamy
The Shivah

ScummVM games:
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Adobe AIR games:
Lilly Looking Through
The Last Door

Others:
Broken Sword 1
The Journey Down
Black Mirror II
Black Mirror III
The Maker's Eden
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
xlynx: Hey guys, I added the following over at Wikia after successfully getting them to load as per the instructions. I like adventure games, can you tell? I didn't test Black Mirror 1 (as I don't have it), so would be great if someone could fill that gap :)

AGS games:
Heroine's Quest
Resonance
Primordia
The Samaritan Paradox
Quest For Infamy
The Shivah

ScummVM games:
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Adobe AIR games:
Lilly Looking Through
The Last Door

Others:
Broken Sword 1
The Journey Down
Black Mirror II
Black Mirror III
The Maker's Eden
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
As a fellow - but recently a bit inactive - P&C player I can only say: Thanks xlynx, that's awesome! Maybe I'm adding some notes of how to run AGS games on other platforms (and move them to a new section) as the GOG.com versions are running fine under Linux with little help.
Did you also test games from Daedalic? I can't get them run without Steam, but maybe that's just me.

Offtopic: What's your favourite P&C?
Kick-aha: As a fellow - but recently a bit inactive - P&C player I can only say: Thanks xlynx, that's awesome! Maybe I'm adding some notes of how to run AGS games on other platforms (and move them to a new section) as the GOG.com versions are running fine under Linux with little help.
Did you also test games from Daedalic? I can't get them run without Steam, but maybe that's just me.

Offtopic: What's your favourite P&C?
The Windows Steam versions of AGS games have a dependency on AGSteam.dll (for achievements and such) so they won't work out-of-the-box on Linux like the GOG version. There's two solutions though: either run in Wine, or run under Linux AGS using a [url=http://steamcommunity.com/app/283880/discussions/1/540737262410444554/ ]native substitute for AGSteam.dll[/url].

Some AGS games (Gemini Rue, The Samaritax Paradox, Quest for Infamy and The Shivah) are already officially on Linux. I haven't tried, but I imagine downloading these under Linux Steam, would allow them to work Steamless out-of-the-box.

I've got the GOG versions running under AGS for Android, but no luck with the Steam versions due to the aforementioned dependency.

I tested Daedalic's "The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav" and "A New Beginning" but they just play dumb.

My favourite P&C? oh man... If you're looking for recommendations PM me with your tastes as it's a whole topic on its own!
xlynx: The Windows Steam versions of AGS games have a dependency on AGSteam.dll (for achievements and such) so they won't work out-of-the-box on Linux like the GOG version. There's two solutions though: either run in Wine, or run under Linux AGS using a [url=http://steamcommunity.com/app/283880/discussions/1/540737262410444554/ ]native substitute for AGSteam.dll[/url].

Some AGS games (Gemini Rue, The Samaritax Paradox, Quest for Infamy and The Shivah) are already officially on Linux. I haven't tried, but I imagine downloading these under Linux Steam, would allow them to work Steamless out-of-the-box.

I've got the GOG versions running under AGS for Android, but no luck with the Steam versions due to the aforementioned dependency.

I tested Daedalic's "The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav" and "A New Beginning" but they just play dumb.

My favourite P&C? oh man... If you're looking for recommendations PM me with your tastes as it's a whole topic on its own!
Oh, a solution to a problem I didn't know existed. Well, then it seems that I can't add a guide to the list as I don't own AGS games (except The Cat Lady which works under Linux) on Steam to test them with the subsitute.
Kick-aha: Oh, a solution to a problem I didn't know existed. Well, then it seems that I can't add a guide to the list as I don't own AGS games (except The Cat Lady which works under Linux) on Steam to test them with the subsitute.
Hehe it's all rather complicated. Last I heard the remaining ones have Linux plans anyway.
Infinite Space III seems to be working fine without the client - can anyone else confirm?
Anybody know if Steam-version of The Testament of Sherlock Holmes comes with CEG or not?
Post edited September 07, 2014 by MysterD
Added the Windows version of Receiver. I can't imagine that the Linux version would be any different, but I'll check on it before I put it up.
Anyone know if Wasteland 2 on Steam contains CEG or not?
MysterD: Anyone know if Wasteland 2 on Steam contains CEG or not?
I'm curious about this, too.

For the record, though, if it requires Steam to run, it doesn't necessarily contain CEG. I've been meaning to a post about the differences for a while now, but it can get really complicated to explain in text.
Lume is drm free aswell. I installed on steam & all that is in the folder is a flash App file. I put on my laptop & it works brill :)
Attachments:
capture.png (214 Kb)