It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DyNaer: it's an impersonator just as pointed toxicTom, Judas should have locked the account now.
I'm not sure. Judas was offline, so I went to Firek. Didn't get any answer in chat though. Maybe he's like me and just leaves his computer running all the time.

Btw. I've notified the original BranjoHeLLo in chat.
Post edited February 13, 2016 by toxicTom
He tried to scam me too, yesterday! He saw a post that I did back in November 2014 (he said), but I don't think it was that time!
Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? Are the scammers trash-talking each other?
I can't tell if I'm appalled, entertained, or both.
Thanks for the info, toxicTom and others who reported this.

I was also contacted by someone who is possibly a scammer, a recently registered low rep user offering a deal too good to be true and then refuse to go first (even though I explained that it's a general GOG forum trading rule that users with lower rep go first) but as mama didn't raise no fool here I didn't get my ass scammed of course. ;)
Is this solid enough evidence to call out names? Don't want to flag someone if it isn't.

Couldn't help but wonder if these people are so blind not to see that if instead of scamming they would direct their efforts into becoming a nice forum GOGlodytes they would have much greater chance of getting games for free?!
BranjoHello: Couldn't help but wonder if these people are so blind not to see that if instead of scamming they would direct their efforts into becoming a nice forum GOGlodytes they would have much greater chance of getting games for free?!
My point exactly! I tried to offer this option, they just wouldn't take it!
BranjoHello: Couldn't help but wonder if these people are so blind not to see that if instead of scamming they would direct their efforts into becoming a nice forum GOGlodytes they would have much greater chance of getting games for free?!
I honestly doubt they're even playing these games. I think they're just being trolls and trying to steal people's codes.
zeogold: I honestly doubt they're even playing these games. I think they're just being trolls and trying to steal people's codes.
I think they're selling them, or at least try to.
zeogold: I honestly doubt they're even playing these games. I think they're just being trolls and trying to steal people's codes.
toxicTom: I think they're selling them, or at least try to.
How? I've had a few people, myself included, who tried to redeem the games after giving them to a scammer, and they were redeemed basically moments after the scam took place. You can't possibly make a deal that fast.
I still say these idiots are literally just being the most pathetic form of troll.
BranjoHello: I was also contacted by someone who is possibly a scammer, a recently registered low rep user offering a deal too good to be true and then refuse to go first (even though I explained that it's a general GOG forum trading rule that users with lower rep go first) but as mama didn't raise no fool here I didn't get my ass scammed of course. ;)
Is this solid enough evidence to call out names? Don't want to flag someone if it isn't.
You could drop the name here with the remark that it seemed fishy to you and to warn others to be on their guard.
This would also help to call out name-stealers, because not every one knows every regular here. algirdexas699 for instance probably didn't know there was a real BranjoHeLLo.

Name-stealing/impersonation is scam evidence enough for staff to lock those account, btw.
zeogold: How? I've had a few people, myself included, who tried to redeem the games after giving them to a scammer, and they were redeemed basically moments after the scam took place. You can't possibly make a deal that fast.
I still say these idiots are literally just being the most pathetic form of troll.
You can still sell the account were the games were redeemed.
zeogold: How? I've had a few people, myself included, who tried to redeem the games after giving them to a scammer, and they were redeemed basically moments after the scam took place. You can't possibly make a deal that fast.
toxicTom: You can still sell the account were the games were redeemed.
Oooh, snap. Didn't think about that one.
Criminy, that's devious.
NOW I get how what they do can be considered criminal activity.
Post edited February 13, 2016 by zeogold
zeogold: NOW I get how what they do can be considered criminal activity.
Would be even if they kept the games just for themselves. A trade agreement is a legally binding contract, at least where I live. If one side purposefully breaks the agreement to get any advantage out of it - it's fraud, which is already a crime.
low rated
You actually think people SELL the games they scam? That just takes forever..
Keeping a key that you scammed is a waste of time lol
The first thing the scammed person will try to do is redeem it. Use your brains
BranjoHello: I was also contacted by someone who is possibly a scammer, a recently registered low rep user offering a deal too good to be true and then refuse to go first (even though I explained that it's a general GOG forum trading rule that users with lower rep go first) but as mama didn't raise no fool here I didn't get my ass scammed of course. ;)
toxicTom: You could drop the name here with the remark that it seemed fishy to you and to warn others to be on their guard.
Ok then, the user's name is wendeny. Again, I didn't get scammed by this user but his behavior was very fishy.
deepdig: You actually think people SELL the games they scam? That just takes forever..
Keeping a key that you scammed is a waste of time lol
The first thing the scammed person will try to do is redeem it. Use your brains
As I said, redeem the codes, sell the account. It's the only thing that makes sense. If it were just for having the games, it's a lot quicker and easier to just visit the usual suspect sites since those people obviously don't care about legitimacy anyway. So there are only two other explanations remain: money or trolling. It might be the latter is motivation enough for some depraved individuals but I doubt it's the major reason for most scam attempts.
BranjoHello: Ok then, the user's name is wendeny. Again, I didn't get scammed by this user but his behavior was very fishy.
At least for first looks the user doesn't seem too suspicious. Of course, one can't be careful enough, so people dealing with that person should be extra careful. Maybe some other user have experience with that one?
high rated
BranjoHello: Ok then, the user's name is wendeny. Again, I didn't get scammed by this user but his behavior was very fishy.
Would you mind posting a couple of screenshots?

EDIT: typo
Post edited February 13, 2016 by HypersomniacLive