It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pimpmonkey2382.313: Yep check the wiki.

http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Known_Scammers
ljyoun: Wow. That's... just wow. How can someone get away with creating all of those accounts?
Gog's setup sucks, doesn't even require a real email.
pimpmonkey2382.313: Yep check the wiki.

http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Known_Scammers
ljyoun: Wow. That's... just wow. How can someone get away with creating all of those accounts?
It's easy when no one does anything to stop you.
pimpmonkey2382.313: Gog's setup sucks, doesn't even require a real email.
That would be hard to enforce. Much easier (and more effective) is on a server level check each login ID and IP against any other login ID's with that same IP (or first three IP components (same network) ) and flag the accounts as bogus (sockpuppeting). If they incorporated this functionality alone, it would significantly cut down on these sorts of situations.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by Firebrand9
pimpmonkey2382.313: Gog's setup sucks, doesn't even require a real email.
Firebrand9: That would be hard to enforce. Much easier (and more effective) is on a server level check each login ID and IP against any other logins with that same IP (or first three IP components (same network) ) and flag the accounts as bogus (sockpuppeting). If they incorporated this functionality alone, it would significantly cut down on these sorts of situations.
and probably wipe out the ability for mobile browsing / browsing and use of the site from a mobile internet connection (such as a dongle).
Sachys: and probably wipe out the ability for mobile browsing / browsing and use of the site from a mobile internet connection (such as a dongle).
No, reread. It matches up multiple *login ID's* with the SAME *IP*, NOT multiple IP's with the *same* Login. You reversed the logic on what I stated. I could write pseudo-code for exactly how I'd implement it, but I hope (for the love of god) that the explanation above (plus really thinking about it/using your brain) will be sufficient.

This is actually standard functionality on other forums I've been on and I've seen people banned with extreme prejudice over it. This is the only forum I've ever seen with such absent oversight to prevent some of these common exploits.

Edit : Changed Logins to login ID's for additional clarity.
Firebrand9: It matches up multiple *login ID's* with the SAME *IP*, NOT multiple IP's with the *same* Login.
Exactly - mobile broadband IP adresses change far more freuently than those of hardwired broadband (at least here in the UK thats the case).

One minute I have one IP. Five minutes later another. If I go into airplane mode, then switch that off, a different one again (handy though if you end up gettting a crappy connection for some reason).
Sachys: Exactly - mobile broadband IP adresses change far more freuently than those of hardwired broadband (at least here in the UK thats the case).

One minute I have one IP. Five minutes later another. If I go into airplane mode, then switch that off, a different one again (handy though if you end up gettting a crappy connection for some reason).
*facepalm* This is why programmers don't like talking to end-users. You're still not getting it and reversing the logical hierarchy. In short, what you mention wouldn't be a problem or culminate in normal users being inadvertently banned.

Feel free to reread what I wrote. I'm not explaining further. It's explained sufficiently already.
Before the conversation turns even more sour let's just agree that gog won't do shit, as it was mentioned by pimpmonkey, you can make a new account in less than 15s.

Username: adsjkasdhasdas
Email: asdasdasd@asdsaddasd.com
Password: asdjkalsdjaskldjaslkdj

There you go, a new account to do whatever you want, quick and easy. Gog has been aware of this problem for months and they haven't done anything, let alone start actually enforcing some kind of security/measure against this type of behavior. Hell, i can't post links due to their stupid anti bots measure and yet the bots continue to spam the forum (and their posts deleted by the community).
Cyraxpt: Before the conversation turns even more sour let's just agree that gog won't do shit, as it was mentioned by pimpmonkey, you can make a new account in less than 15s.

Username: adsjkasdhasdas
Email: asdasdasd@asdsaddasd.com
Password: asdjkalsdjaskldjaslkdj

There you go, a new account to do whatever you want, quick and easy. Gog has been aware of this problem for months and they haven't done anything, let alone start actually enforcing some kind of security/measure against this type of behavior. Hell, i can't post links due to their stupid anti bots measure and yet the bots continue to spam the forum (and their posts deleted by the community).
Now that you figured that out Cyraxpt, I need to come clean about something: yours is the only account in here that isn't mine. This whole time there has actually only been two people in this forum.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by tinyE
tinyE: Now that you figured that out Craxpt, I need to come clean about something: yours is the only account in here that isn't mine. This whole time there has actually only been two people in this forum.
Wrong, you always been dead... no wait... you're the ghost... no that's not it.... you're actually in the present in the middle of an amish farm... no.... what was it...
Firebrand9: That would be hard to enforce. Much easier (and more effective) is on a server level check each login ID and IP against any other login ID's with that same IP (or first three IP components (same network) ) and flag the accounts as bogus (sockpuppeting). If they incorporated this functionality alone, it would significantly cut down on these sorts of situations.
You don't have a brother in your house that use GOG, right? Also, you never share house as a student with other GOG users. You never access GOG when using your university WIFI and never used a public library WIFI or a cyber coffee.
Firebrand9: It matches up multiple *login ID's* with the SAME *IP*, NOT multiple IP's with the *same* Login.
Sachys: Exactly - mobile broadband IP adresses change far more freuently than those of hardwired broadband (at least here in the UK thats the case).

Welcome back and happy belated birthday!
tinyE: yours is the only account in here that isn't mine. This whole time there has actually only been two people in this forum.
TinyE is great, smart and handsome.
I am not a bot, really.
[waiting for instructions]
tinyE: yours is the only account in here that isn't mine. This whole time there has actually only been two people in this forum.
phaolo: TinyE is great, smart and handsome.
I am not a bot, really.
[waiting for instructions]
A bot would not say 'I'm not a robot'.
It would only say 'yes, I'm human'.
Therefore, you are human :)
tinyE: This whole time there has actually only been two people in this forum.
You are assuming that only humans have access to accounts...