It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyraxpt: i can't even post links
You should be able to both post links and attach files while at negative rep. That's been the case for months, now.
Attachments:
too_fast.jpg (64 Kb)
Cyraxpt: i can't even post links
OneFiercePuppy: You should be able to both post links and attach files while at negative rep. That's been the case for months, now.
Weird, i tried posting a link on the other thread and was getting an error message.

edit: Uhm, it worked here... brb.

edit 2: No, some links it doesn't work as you can see on the attachment.

edit 3: I think i got it, i can't start a new post with a link.
Attachments:
nope.jpg (84 Kb)
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: (snip)
Has the gog community manager even improved since i left? Or is it still facebook/twitter/contests in her agenda?
Hello and welcome back! = ]

I think the ignorance is result of "trade" thing not being fully supported by GOG itself.

Myself actually left Humble Bundle, because they mostly become Steam shop today.

By the way, I found a fool-proof method to create an authority group. Please note, that this is just an idea/offer and nothing above.

This authority group has a trusted privilege to mark someone as a scammer - reason being for other members to be able to distinguish who is who. Its authorized by community trust to keep the scammer list and advice (new) users.

In order to define(shape) such a group, there should be a person which is fully trusted by community, but is not a boy/girl in blue (since official GOG prefers to ignore this altogether).

There is one person, who gets constant positive karma, because he/she does impressive amount of good deeds on GOG for the community. This person, is master of the main Giveaway - you probably know whom I mean.

Because he/she gets constant +1 to karma for managing, he/she is perfectly trusted in such a matter and is proven daily to be a fair and "nice guy" (tm) and is even highly unlikely to get into minus by scammer bot army due to his posts getting an ocean of gratefulness. He is like ... Santa Claus. =)

The only thing he/she should do, is simply to point the finger at whom he considers worthy to go into authority group or assign an authority chief, who then defines/shapes the authority group.

Voila.
Lin545:
right, because that will in no way be abused.
Lin545: snip
Hi there. As for your idea, with all due respect, just let it go, i've been there a few months ago and nothing changed, there is only 2 possible solutions:

1 - Gog actually does something about it and in the process it will piss off some people but that's the way that the situation can be handled; -> Not likely.

2 - People learn it the hard way, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.".
Lin545: snip
Cyraxpt: 2 - People learn it the hard way, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.".
Or if you are George Bush, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice....fool....can't get fooled again."
tinyE: Or if you are George Bush, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice....fool....can't get fooled again."
I feel like if you're George Bush, you can get fooled again.
Cyraxpt: ( ... )
Well, we can at least try. The failure is "by default" anyway and its happening now.
If we piss some people off in the process, at least GOG will not care :)
Cyraxpt: Hi there. As for your idea, with all due respect, just let it go, i've been there a few months ago and nothing changed, there is only 2 possible solutions:

1 - Gog actually does something about it and in the process it will piss off some people but that's the way that the situation can be handled; -> Not likely.

2 - People learn it the hard way, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.".
Or 3. GOG simply say: fu, any trading on the forums is not allowed.
Discovered two interesting links:

1) http://www.gog.com/forum/general/i_want_to_believe_giveaway/post20
2) http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_having_a_broken_leg_sucks_giveaway/post48 (and GA author response below)

Perhaps, this information may be of some value.
If not, please ignore.
Bleed: Why, because they chose to remain neutral?
RWarehall: So you think ignoring someone who is scamming tons of people on your forum is okay? Talk about someone with no morals...
lol yeah but god forbid you scam gog, they punish EVERYONE by not letting you gift high value game (The Witcher 3). Asshats.
Cyraxpt: I told someone that this year would pass and gog wouldn't do anything about it, sure, there's still half of a month but we all know what is(n't) going to happen, right?

Without even checking i feel like this is the rinse and repeat of this forum for the last months, every week someone will get scammed, people will discuss it here with "solutions" and, sorry to be blunt, nothing will come out of it.

People are still buying games (for themselves, gifts, trades or giveaways) so why would gog bother?

For those that got scammed instead of complaining here (sorry to be blunt but it's pointless) you should actually do something about it, i'm not talking about sending futile messages to support, i'm talking about stop buying games here and/or shame gog on their facebook and twitter, they won't move their ass unless their public image is at stake...

Has the gog community manager even improved since i left? Or is it still facebook/twitter/contests in her agenda?
well hello!

lol the community manager. she's as useless and tits on a bull. I messaged her about some real bugs happening on gog (chat crashes) and she never even had the courtesy to say, "ok". It was only until I messaged Judas that anything got done. thank god for judas, seriously.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Crewdroog
ZFR: Or 3. GOG simply say: fu, any trading on the forums is not allowed.
That's included on my n1 solution. :)

Crewdroog: well hello!

lol the community manager. she's as useless and tits on a bull. I messaged her about some real bugs happening on gog (chat crashes) and she never even had the courtesy to say, "ok". It was only until I messaged Judas that anything got done. thank god for judas, seriously.
Hi. :)

Yeah, it was a bit of a rhetorical question, she promised a q&a with the gog staff but never delivered and she also ignored me (while being online) when i was giving her informations about what was happening.

Dunno, i never was a community manager nor did i study for that but if i had to guess, one of the requirements should be good communication and honestly... i don't see it here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ZFR: Or 3. GOG simply say: fu, any trading on the forums is not allowed.
Cyraxpt: That's included on my n1 solution. :)

Crewdroog: well hello!

Cyraxpt: Hi. :)

Yeah, it was a bit of a rhetorical question, she promised a q&a with the gog staff but never delivered and she also ignored me (while being online) when i was giving her informations about what was happening.

Dunno, i never was a community manager nor did i study for that but if i had to guess, one of the requirements should be good communication and honestly... i don't see it here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That is the first lesson you learn at community management courses, "Ignore, ignore, ignore". Durr ;)
high rated
Klumpen0815: Actually, although I usually nag a lot about stuff GoG does or doesn't, this is entirely our problem and we should be thankful, that they do let us trade amongst ourselves right here in their shop at all.
IMHO, it's not entirely our problem. GOG's choice to remove basic user info, like registration date and rep, and switching to all capitals when they introduced the NAS, removed a small but handy tool we had to quickly check those contacting us in private, hence they actually facilitated getting deceived and scammed via PM.

Since they don't forbid trading, the least they could do is not make it easier to get scammed.

Klumpen0815: [...]

Imagine you own a shop for video games on a sidewalk with probably some small coffee tables for chit-chat in the corner.
Now imagine people are constantly coming in without buying anything but rather for trading amonst themselves.
What would you think about it, when those are saying "Hey, there are some assholes coming here on are regular basis trying to ruin our little trading corner, we want you to do something about it."

It's a really awkward situation from all perspectives.
[emphasis added]

That's not a good analogy though, nor is it accurate - those offering GOG games in trades do buy them here.

Crewdroog: That is the first lesson you learn at community management courses, "Ignore, ignore, ignore". Durr ;)
Imagine the sort of character it takes to be able to accept and apply that...
Klumpen0815: Actually, although I usually nag a lot about stuff GoG does or doesn't, this is entirely our problem and we should be thankful, that they do let us trade amongst ourselves right here in their shop at all.
HypersomniacLive: IMHO, it's not entirely our problem. GOG's choice to remove basic user info, like registration date and rep, and switching to all capitals when they introduced the NAS, removed a small but handy tool we had to quickly check those contacting us in private, hence they actually facilitated getting deceived and scammed via PM.

Since they don't forbid trading, the least they could do is not make it easier to get scammed.
But then the chat wouldn't be Galaxy-friendly, which clearly is the priority here.