It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bleed: but pretty much trusted at this point, especially with the high rep individuals.
Scrap rep... I'd trust users like amrit, stg or pimpmonkey more than any Nov 2015 user with 200+ rep. But a verified trade with a user who has a good reputation (the real thing, not the number) is always a good sign ;)
Bleed: but pretty much trusted at this point, especially with the high rep individuals.
real.geizterfahr: Scrap rep... I'd trust users like amrit, stg or pimpmonkey more than any Nov 2015 user with 200+ rep. But a verified trade with a user who has a good reputation (the real thing, not the number) is always a good sign ;)
Of course, Registered Date is also very important, everyone should be aware of it by now. In the long run, common sense will also help a great deal.
Maybe we should just make a list of people we can trust. At this point it seems more feasible than the other way.
tinyE: Maybe we should just make a list of people we can trust. At this point it seems more feasible than the other way.
If it's not done by a moderator or someone with tons of credibility, then i really don't see it picking up.
tinyE: Maybe we should just make a list of people we can trust. At this point it seems more feasible than the other way.
Bleed: If it's not done by a moderator or someone with tons of credibility, then i really don't see it picking up.
Probably. Sadly I just stopped handing stuff out and letting those bonus codes expire. My birthday is next month and I normally do a GA but it just seems like too big of a pain now.
Bleed: If it's not done by a moderator or someone with tons of credibility, then i really don't see it picking up.
tinyE: Probably. Sadly I just stopped handing stuff out and letting those bonus codes expire. My birthday is next month and I normally do a GA but it just seems like too big of a pain now.
So very true.
Well, you could pick a username at random (maybe someone who's been around long enough), or someone from your friends list and just send out codes, before letting them expire. It's bound to make someone quite happy, and i refuse to believe everyone on here is a scammer.

True, many scammers have multiple accounts, but that can't be avoided.

Or you know, you can always use threads like these, where people give away codes for free.
HERE
tinyE: Probably. Sadly I just stopped handing stuff out and letting those bonus codes expire. My birthday is next month and I normally do a GA but it just seems like too big of a pain now.
You can always give 'em to me to either claim or put them in some giveaway. ;)
Ooops

Nvm XD
Post edited December 13, 2015 by tinyE
User RYAN841 received 5 keys from me and after some stories ("I sent them by mail", etc.) he went offline without giving me his codes in return.

I have screenshots of the GOG chat communication if someone needs proof.
Post edited December 13, 2015 by gnadenlos
gnadenlos: User RYAN841 received 5 keys from me and after some stories ("I sent them by mail", etc.) he went offline without giving me his codes in return.

I have screenshots of the GOG chat communication if someone needs proof.
I specifically warned about that username on the previous page, it was just a matter of time before it scammed someone.
Sad to hear no one pays attention.

Can someone finally add it to the list of known scammers
Post edited December 13, 2015 by Bleed
And let's be really honest here...
If a deal is too good to be true...it's probably too good to be true...
Why are so many people trading with people who have no presence on the forum?
Do a search, look up the name, don't just look for it in the scammer threads, but what else have they done?
Are they a regular? Have they made successful trades before?
If nothing or you have doubts, make them send first...if they won't, they are likely a scammer.

It's not that hard. Heck, I'm giving away the free codes from the last two sales. I'm searching their posts to make sure they seem real. Even with the buggy GoG forum software, it's not very hard. Do the same with those you are trading with...
Post edited December 13, 2015 by RWarehall
Rottencorpsex just PM'd me asking for Chronicles of Riddick...note this post...

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/big_winter_sale_clearinghouse_thread/post327

gogogo0718: [GIVEN] System Shock 2
got this one. thanks a lot!

gave this one [GIVEN] Divine Divinity

[GOT] The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
huge thanks goes to BUZZLIGHTYEAR2!
His PM to me...

Hi,

Please send me the key for Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena ifd it's still available
RWarehall: Rottencorpsex just PM'd me asking for Chronicles of Riddick...note this post...

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/big_winter_sale_clearinghouse_thread/post327

gogogo0718: [GIVEN] System Shock 2
got this one. thanks a lot!

gave this one [GIVEN] Divine Divinity

[GOT] The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
huge thanks goes to BUZZLIGHTYEAR2!
RWarehall: His PM to me...

Hi,

Please send me the key for Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena ifd it's still available
Maybe you should mention it in the clearinghouse thread too, since s/he seems to be collecting there.
Post edited December 13, 2015 by Klumpen0815
high rated
Bleed: Right, that's the list i was referring as trusted. Not scammer-proof of course, but pretty much trusted at this point, especially with the high rep individuals.
As real.geizterfahr said, the important thing is for the user's trading reputation to be in good standing.

RWarehall: Rottencorpsex just PM'd me asking for Chronicles of Riddick...note this post...

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/big_winter_sale_clearinghouse_thread/post327 His PM to me...

Hi,

Oddly enough, BuzzLightyear2 hasn't even posted in that thread, at least AF search couldn't find any posts of his.
RWarehall: Why are so many people trading with people who have no presence on the forum?
Do a search, look up the name, don't just look for it in the scammer threads, but what else have they done?
Are they a regular? Have they made successful trades before?
My problem was, that I have no real presence on the forum myself and never traded before. And the keys were not interesting to other people - maybe because they were from last two the mystery sales. So I lost 5x $€3 = $15 to RYAN841.

I did a search, but it didn't show and posts - maybe because the search index is not updates in real time.

Maybe I was stupid to think, that someone really is giving me "Hard West" and "Dreamfall Chapters" for 5 mystery sale games, but he showed me screenshots of the unredeemed games and told me a story about a friend who already bought them on Steam.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by gnadenlos