It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

realkman666: He took my codes very quickly, don't worry about that. It was supposed to be a trade, though. xD
What was he supposed to trade to you?
realkman666: He took my codes very quickly, don't worry about that. It was supposed to be a trade, though. xD
Getcomposted: What was he supposed to trade to you?
A game on GOG. I was never a big fan of these giveaways all the time that just attract a lot of beggars and other weirdos. I guess it was justified. Oh well.
realkman666: A game on GOG. I was never a big fan of these giveaways all the time that just attract a lot of beggars and other weirdos. I guess it was justified. Oh well.
What was the game?
realkman666: A game on GOG. I was never a big fan of these giveaways all the time that just attract a lot of beggars and other weirdos. I guess it was justified. Oh well.
Getcomposted: What was the game?
I'd rather not disclose too much information.
HijacK: I gave a Desura game on that thread once and he picked it up. About 12 hours later I checked the code to see if it was redeemed, considering he had been online for quite a while during that day. The code was unredeemed and the game was added to my library. So not sure what to think about him. Haven't heard from him since. Most likely just a code grabber.
Sooo, I take it he didn't fulfill his end of the bargain. This pretty much certifies him as scammer. Shall we add him to the list?
HijacK: Sooo, I take it he didn't fulfill his end of the bargain. This pretty much certifies him as scammer. Shall we add him to the list?
I can leave him until the end of the day, after that it's a yes. You'd think that people would build confidence to scam something big, not a few Steam keys.
He's supposed to be from Chile, but I don't think he is. I sent him a greeting in Spanish once thinking he was from my same country, but he never replied. And since he only visits xckx's thread, I think he is only here for the free games, and maybe for something else...

I also think he changed the country in his profile, because around this time he wasn't from my country, that's why I sent him the key to redeem a region-locked game available only for Eastern Europe.

I would be very cautious around this guy, and I recommend if you do that as well.
Post edited September 27, 2014 by Azrael360
Azrael360: He's supposed to be from Chile, but I don't think he is. I sent him a greeting in Spanish once thinking he was from my same country, but he never replied. And since he only visits xckx's thread, I think he is only here for the free games, and maybe for something else...

I also think he changed the country in his profile, because around this time he wasn't from my country, that's why I sent him the key to redeem a region-locked game availabe only for Eastern Europe.

I would be very cautious around this guy, and I recommend if you do that as well.
Seems to be Eastern European. I guess he'll have a nice spot on the prime list of offenders.
realkman666: Seems to be Eastern European. I guess he'll have a nice spot on the prime list of offenders.
It is unfortunate that you didn't get the game you tried to trade for but it is always better to be cautious when dealing with someone new to ask them to send first as per the rules of the General trade thread. Do you have any information regarding his Steam profile?
Getcomposted: What was he supposed to trade to you?
did you guys trade in the trading thread? Always use the thread unless you really know the person or have done more deals with him/her before. Most of scammers are here to get free stuff anyway. They don't participate in any other discussions anyway so that should you give a hint not to go first...
realkman666: Seems to be Eastern European. I guess he'll have a nice spot on the prime list of offenders.
stg83: It is unfortunate that you didn't get the game you tried to trade for but it is always better to be cautious when dealing with someone new to ask them to send first as per the rules of the General trade thread. Do you have any information regarding his Steam profile?
No, I can only spread the word so that no one else here gets scammed.

Zurvan7: did you guys trade in the trading thread? Always use the thread unless you really know the person or have done more deals with him/her before. Most of scammers are here to get free stuff anyway. They don't participate in any other discussions anyway so that should you give a hint not to go first...
I always go first, I like to know what people are made of. :p
realkman666: No, I can only spread the word so that no one else here gets scammed.
Thanks for highlighting the scam and bringing it to the community's attention.
realkman666: No, I can only spread the word so that no one else here gets scammed.

I'm going to cross post a link to this in "Open this thread" since that's where he lurks mostly. That way, if he isn't a scammer, and just dilatory, he can be alerted, and if he is a scammer, people can make sure that they don't gift anything to him on there.
Getcomposted: I'm going to cross post a link to this in "Open this thread" since that's where he lurks mostly. That way, if he isn't a scammer, and just dilatory, he can be alerted, and if he is a scammer, people can make sure that they don't gift anything to him on there.
I've seen him in the Take-One-Give-One thread. He has taken several games over the last year but it seems he has mostly delivered is parts of the deals too. At least no one has complained publicly.

Getcomposted: I'm going to cross post a link to this in "Open this thread" since that's where he lurks mostly. That way, if he isn't a scammer, and just dilatory, he can be alerted, and if he is a scammer, people can make sure that they don't gift anything to him on there.
If he's a scammer, he'll probably just make another account. Good idea, though. Or maybe he's just as bad as my last Ebay seller with communication...