It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
Skyrim. It's thematic and there's always something to do.
Fallout New Vegas.
Nothing quite like shooting everything in your sights as you stumble across the Mojave.
'tis was the night before the first day of the long winter ahead, I felt an itch within my soul, yearning for an adventure. However, with the overwhelming snow and ferocious cold, one would tread carefully before venturing too far from home.
Looking to fulfill my desire while maintaining my health intact for the upcoming bloomy spring, I turn to CD PROJEKT RED magnus opus The Witcher 3:Wild Hunt. Within the world of Geralt of Rivia, I can live my wildest dreams: hunting monsters, protecting the innocent, living all 4 seasons within a matter of hours, and most importantly, seducing the most beautiful women of the world.

Witcher 3 is my go to for this winter!
I would pick all resident evil games, from 0 to 7 and after the spin offs.
Should take a while for the casual player. And most of them are immersive enough to retain attention and not to overcomplicated to saturate the player.

In all the fields they are just enough to hook most of the players and the games are way good to miss out.
i choose Cyberpunk 2077 cause look breathtaking and to play for long hours
Ever since I first played it a few years ago, I have yet to get bored or even discover all there is to see in Fallout: New Vegas, and I could stand to play it unendingly for the Long Winter nights, and maybe get closer to seeing everything there is to see in such a large, well-written world.

Or I could just add hundreds of mods and have more content than can even be seen in a lifetime. Perfect for being stuck inside!
Life is Strange, it's a good winter warmer that can be played with your partner while cuddled up with a blanket. Especially for those that are not too interested in games but would like to watch a good story. The game is short enough to be able to play through in one night as well and emotional and shocking enough to get a proper roller coaster ride like a good movie would.
I'd have to go with MDK. I have a lot of nostalgia with that game from back when I was in elementary school, so it's perfect for comfy winter nights to play. And I found GOG when looking up that game a few years back to play it again, so it's pretty fitting too.
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - a little bit underestimated brother of Civilization series! Great sci-fi storyline (!), very different factions (and different ideologies), a lot of technologies, mindworms and hundreds of hours to spend playing this amazing game! From time to time I return to Alpha Centaury to lead the best trained soldiers on Chiron, Spartan Federation, to one more victory!
I was planning on rerun Witcher 3 so it will be Witcher 3 for the Winter for sure.
for me I'd love to start streaming and play games like Cyberpunk 2077!!!! I love Cyberpunk movies, comics, games, and books.
Hate to be the same but definitely Fallout New Vagas. From just being such a awesome game to all the insane mods to completely change the game.
Post edited December 28, 2019 by cwatson390
I pick Gwent the witcher card game. In all of my gaming and playing different card games i think this is the best one. It's like no other game i have played and the way that the game is designed is so amazing and evrything about it is so fast and crazy, 10/10 game. I hope there is going to be another game created like this one at some point. My name is Marco, i'm 13 and i don't have any good gaming gear. Unless i get blessed...

-Marco Mcintyre
Hi GoG!

My pick for a long winters night would be Torchlight ||,
A hot flame in the game to warm up the cold air, while I sit in my gaming chair
Playing a true RPG, while I brew my hot chocolate next to the Christmas tree
In the game, there is so much to collect, it's a game I got for Christmas and it was perfect
So GoG, I know this game isn't the newest, but it's one of the truest RPG's I've played
And I wouldn't choose another to play over the night, till daylight.

(Since I already own Torchlight ||, if I'm lucky enough to win may I please have a copy of Cyberpunk 2077 instead? Thanks GoG! Keep up the amazing work!)

- James C
Post edited January 02, 2020 by Danger_Donger
Cyberpunk 2077
I wonder how its gonna be look like. Especially after playing the best RPG game in the world. (Witcher 3) :)