It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
richlind33: There's nothing contrary about what you're saying, because it has nothing to do with what I said.

Fine, make and test some hypotheses, but if you form conclusions that lack a factual basis, you have deviated from scientific methodology, and are doing the very same thing you are accusing others of.
DaCostaBR: The factual basis is the same: something has happened, either because someone has failed to prevent it or because someone, or a group of people, maliciously and meticulously planned for it to happen. I am claiming that the former is just the simplest and most likely answer.

You seem to think that the scientific way is to leave it at that, and simply say "we cannot answer", but it is not. Scientists work with the best knowledge at hand, the one that is most likely and requires the fewest assumptions to be true, often that knowledge is merely theoretical, but we must still work with it until that theory is outright proven or a better alternative presents itself. Scientists then proceed to try and disprove that theory, like I expect people to try to prove malice when making an accusation of conspiracy, in the absence of that proof the most probable answer stands. It may stand for a long time, such as gravitational waves, predicted by Einstein but only proven a century later.

To ignore that is the argument behind teaching Creationism in school right alongside Evolutionism, to say that because they are both merely theories therefore they're equally likely.

Besides, inaction is an action onto itself. When someone claims that we can't conclude whether or not vaccines cause autism (which to my knowledge it has been proven they do not), and decides not to vaccinate their child a choice has been made just the same as if they had categorically afirmed that they do. Times like those you can't wash your hands of the situation.
Scientific methodology in the context of criminal investigation, in theory, should never proceed on the basis of assumption. You gather evidence and see if you can build a case that withstands scrutiny. If you can't, you put it aside and hope that more evidence becomes available. In the context of unfalsifiable theory, it simply cannot proceed.
richlind33: Scientific methodology in the context of criminal investigation, in theory, should never proceed on the basis of assumption. You gather evidence and see if you can build a case that withstands scrutiny. If you can't, you put it aside and hope that more evidence becomes available. In the context of unfalsifiable theory, it simply cannot proceed.
But even in the case of criminal investigation you still have a presumption of innocence.
low rated
Genuinely terrifying and closer to the truth than you may choose 2 believe.
low rated
richlind33: Scientific methodology in the context of criminal investigation, in theory, should never proceed on the basis of assumption. You gather evidence and see if you can build a case that withstands scrutiny. If you can't, you put it aside and hope that more evidence becomes available. In the context of unfalsifiable theory, it simply cannot proceed.
DaCostaBR: But even in the case of criminal investigation you still have a presumption of innocence.
The purpose of which -- in theory -- is to preclude a presumption of guilt and instill a measure of balance.
DaCostaBR: But even in the case of criminal investigation you still have a presumption of innocence.
richlind33: The purpose of which -- in theory -- is to preclude a presumption of guilt and instill a measure of balance.
...And how is that any different from what I said I do?
low rated
budejovice: He's back from the rally in Coeur D'Alene!

My victory is that Nazis will not rule the United States for the next 4 years at least. You fuckin' Nazi. :)
I wouldn't want you to miss anything, sunshine! ;)
I guess what I may never understand is how you reconcile your belief in a master race and your belief that said master race is so comically inept and incompetent at every single thing.

I mean, you can’t open a bank, make a movie, run a newspaper, engage in international finance and business, or even run the whole world. This shit is easy. I didn’t even get a leg up! My secret Israeli bank account that I was given at birth wasn’t worth THAT many millions of dollars. Shit, man.

It’s almost like your feelings come, somehow, from shame at your own comical ineptitude and incompetence in life. Weird.
low rated
budejovice: I guess what I may never understand is how you reconcile your belief in a master race and your belief that said master race is so comically inept and incompetent at every single thing.

I mean, you can’t open a bank, make a movie, run a newspaper, engage in international finance and business, or even run the whole world. This shit is easy. I didn’t even get a leg up! My secret Israeli bank account that I was given at birth wasn’t worth THAT many millions of dollars. Shit, man.

It’s almost like your feelings come, somehow, from shame at your own comical ineptitude and incompetence in life. Weird.
:*(

EDIT - This is what I believe? Well I'm certainly happy you cleared that up! But it's good to know you're still trying. Nice effort.
Post edited October 06, 2016 by noncompliantgame
low rated
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,

And they're like, it's better than yours,

Damn right, it's better than yours,

I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.
noncompliantgame: This is what I believe?
<looks at camera, deadpan>
low rated
Kleetus: My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,

And they're like, it's better than yours,

Damn right, it's better than yours,

I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.
Ah yes. That's going to trigger someone, you know?
low rated
richlind33: The purpose of which -- in theory -- is to preclude a presumption of guilt and instill a measure of balance.
DaCostaBR: ...And how is that any different from what I said I do?
It in no way suggests that in the absence of knowing what happened you apply Occam's Razor or some similar bit of nonsense and tell yourself that you know what didn't happen, and proceed to be a condescending jerk and make asinine generalizations as though they are statements of fact.
low rated
ciomalau: i agree that something very bad is happening - not just in US although i never been there, but in all the world.. however, nothing good can come from internet talk - all you can do, and that's a mission impossible, is to cause people to protest in the streets. days ago i look at russia today tv channel and i see protests in US - to my surprise people were smiling, laughing! cheering at protests like it was a party! at protests people get hurt, get arrested and some even die! people these days lack maturity they enjoyed being part of a protest they think it's cool to be a collective force doing justice as you see fit - just as you shitheads enjoy being part of a troll group to harass and remove people even from this forum. you think that's cool.. infinite9 and bradley got removed by tinye, they are silent now. i talked with bradley and i told him - it's sad but his words won't likely make an impact no matter how many arguments he brings. i never talked to infinite9 but he seemed like an angry man. he isn't stupid so most likely his anger had good reason. still, retards only looked at his anger and ignored the cause, they decided he's not useful so he's gone too. every time i talk nice tinye comes and tries to ruin my day. what is happening on this small forum is not something big like a protest but this sort of thing happens everywhere on the internet. and there's always shitheads like tinye who remove us. i saw a scene in protests from US - the police fired beanbags at people and one of them started vomiting - that's a sign he got brain damage and he was hit in the head. he was flat on the ground and police thrown a gas grenade at him so he can't even breathe anymore! i'm sad to say this but everybody's a shithead these days.. the protesters who cheer and think they're cool but even the police too! i said before that i was away from forum because i played ace online - i met a guy there mark, he's from philipines, works 8 hours per day but he's still poor. so we made a deal - he levels my account and i let him use 60k credits, that's 60 $ from me. days ago i also gave him some items for free and with my new visa card i bought him 5 $ that's 5k credits so he can buy himself membership for one month. i'm not rich but i care for him and try to help if i can. if we'd all care for each other instead of you shitheads deleting my posts and trolling me just because you think it's cool to follow that shit tinye, maybe we'd stand a chance!
Infinite9 and bradley got removed by tinye? Are you sure? And if so what do you mean exactly by removed? And if so how?
ciomalau:
noncompliantgame: Infinite9 and bradley got removed by tinye? Are you sure? And if so what do you mean exactly by removed? And if so how?
XD For two people that have been removed, they sure post a lot. :P

And before you go off listening to ciomalau, you should check out a few of his other posts. :P

As if his avatar wasn't enough to make you scream.
Attachments:
ciomalau.jpg (92 Kb)
Post edited October 06, 2016 by tinyE
low rated
noncompliantgame: Infinite9 and bradley got removed by tinye? Are you sure? And if so what do you mean exactly by removed? And if so how?
tinyE: XD For two people that have been removed, they sure post a lot. :P

And before you go off listening to ciomalau, you should check out a few of his other posts. :P

As if his avatar wasn't enough to make you scream.
I'm kind of disappointed actually. For some reason, unknown even to myself, I was hoping you were more than just the Gog forum's de facto mascot.