It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mk47at: Yes. I removed everyone that has a public profile.
That sounds really extreme. Then again, I'm pondering whether to throw everyone who uses Galaxy off my friends list so the feed becomes forum and review messages only. I... think that bullshit could actually become usefull that way. :|
elcook: The announcement is now live: https://www.gog.com/news/introducing_gog_profiles

We wanted to soft launch it and make all the necessary fixes, that's why the delay. Hope you like the feature.
HypersomniacLive: A tad belated, but I just had to thank you for not only listening to our feedback, but taking it to heart and putting it to good use. Also, for answering our questions and providing the requested clarifications in detail. All well ahead of launching these new social features.
The way you communicated and implemented these truly demonstrates it.
Congrats on becoming famous: https://www.cnet.com/news/gog-debuts-profiles-feature-users-flip-out/

I wish it was with a comment over a more pleasant issue, tho.
HypersomniacLive: A tad belated, but I just had to thank you for not only listening to our feedback, but taking it to heart and putting it to good use. Also, for answering our questions and providing the requested clarifications in detail. All well ahead of launching these new social features.
The way you communicated and implemented these truly demonstrates it.
joppo: Congrats on becoming famous: https://www.cnet.com/news/gog-debuts-profiles-feature-users-flip-out/

I wish it was with a comment over a more pleasant issue, tho.
Oh dear, with Cnet picking this up i bet he's gonna get more unwanted attention now. Given that i know he's 1 who also value his privacy i think he's not gonna be happy with this.
Is there any official GOG statement addressing all the (privacy) issues mentioned by the community? If so I cannot find one.

After such a big mess I would have expected a and quick and appropriate reaction instead of GOG going radio silent. Quite disappointed. :/ GOG should really step up their communication game.
ShadowOwl: Is there any official GOG statement addressing all the (privacy) issues mentioned by the community? If so I cannot find one.
Well, there's this :D
ShadowOwl: Is there any official GOG statement addressing all the (privacy) issues mentioned by the community? If so I cannot find one.

After such a big mess I would have expected a and quick and appropriate reaction instead of GOG going radio silent. Quite disappointed. :/ GOG should really step up their communication game.
What Breja linked. My speculation is that they're in crisis meeting with their lawyers and PR and all employees ordered to stay silent.

toxicTom: What Breja linked. My speculation is that they're in crisis meeting with their lawyers and PR and all employees ordered to stay silent.
Yes. Since ALL staff are silent about this an no one even reacts to the negative feedback in any way, it is a good assumption that they aren't allowed to talk about it.

Still, if GOG really started only now to check the legality of their new 'feature' and leaves it running while the checking goes on, instead of launching only features AFTER they comply with European law, that would show again an amazing amount of incompetence.
high rated
I am so the hell in with Gog over this invasion of my privacy, without even an email warning.

I want the option to Hide my profile.

Completely.

All. Information. About. Me.

Is privacy a concept that you pretend you don't understand? Even if I tell you that I want my profile to be private, a lot of my private information is still visible.

Did I mention that I don't use Galaxy? I don't, for privacy reasons.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter for privacy reasons.

My profile on Steam is hidden, which seems to mean what it says, unlike Gog.

I've had enough of this lying to your users, Gog, pretending you are giving us a lovely new feature while you are leaking our information all over the internet. It's bad enough that your forum threads are not hidden: they should only be visible to logged-in users.

I am rapidly being pushed towards the exit, it's just not worth staying here any more, when the company makes it clear it thinks we are a bunch of idiots.

My games are backed up, I don't need this hassle.

Edited to point out that I don't use Galaxy and never will, because it invades my privacy.
Now the whole site is invading my privacy, enough already.
Post edited April 25, 2018 by ZenWan
Lifthrasil: Yes. Since ALL staff are silent about this an no one even reacts to the negative feedback in any way, it is a good assumption that they aren't allowed to talk about it.
That's actually a standard practice, only few employee are allowed to speak in the name of the company, and definitely not peoples from the support (unless they received an official statement); when the answer will come it will most likely be posted on the forum like it was with all the recent controversies rather than via e-mail or support tickets.
I'm going to go ahead and mention this.

All my previous privacy settings were set to only I could see them.

I just checked the new profile setting and it was set to only me as well.

Someone please kindly double check and see if they can see anything on mine.
drmike: I'm going to go ahead and mention this.

All my previous privacy settings were set to only I could see them.

I just checked the new profile setting and it was set to only me as well.

Someone please kindly double check and see if they can see anything on mine.
I can check that you are online right now. I can see that you have 207 games in your library and that your achievements and minutes played are at 0, probably because you don't use Galaxy.

So no, as it is now not everything is hidden and that needs to be fixed.
Swampland: So no, as it is now not everything is hidden and that needs to be fixed.
Thank you for your time.

I;m already heading to arbitration with them over an issue. Guess we'll add this to it.

It's pretty sad when you have to quote back a part of a company's own legal policies to get anyone to pay attention to an issue.
drmike: It's pretty sad when you have to quote back a part of a company's own legal policies to get anyone to pay attention to an issue.
I've just received an email that they've changed their privacy policy.

Edit: https://www.gog.com/newsletter/20180425_Updates_Legal_EN

Edit2: Access to the pdf file seems to be dependant on third-party javascript garbage.
Post edited April 25, 2018 by mk47at
high rated
Dear GoG staff,

I really loved GoG when I first signed up. It was lightweight and DRM free. You really got it. I felt respected. I've now learned you've begun to implement user tracking. Make no mistake: I'm not upset about the options to show my activities to my friends, or strangers, or whether I can see them myself. Don't pretend this is about visibility. I'm angry that you're tracking me period. The Google, Facebook, and Twitter scripts you're now trying to run is just verification of your new intent.

If this behavior continues I will delete my account and not look back.

Sincerely,

disgruntled user.
mk47at: Edit2: Access to the pdf file seems to be dependant on third-party javascript garbage.
Isn't it fun how much GOG values your privacy?

Their support pages (outsourced to Zen Desk, which itself is already operating under US jurisdiction, not EU, as far as I can tell) is rife with both Amazon and Google's data-mining scripts.