It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
The usual useless complaints from the usual vocal minority, we all know that you guys play HuniePop H24, there's no need to hide it anymore.

With regard to user profiles, great news for those who want to use them and to keep track of their progress, and I hope you also have other surprises in store for the tenth anniversary of the site!
deleted
T.Hodd: or very soon™ as in never?
That deadline is reserved only for things that are actually usefull and people keep asking for, like setting classic installers as default.
Digital_CHE: With public profiles, a clone of Steamspy is possible.
Pheace: While it's possible I highly doubt it'll ever be useful to be honest. Steamspy shut down rather quickly but it's quite possible in a couple of months many people will be back to public again, at least to levels where the numbers are significant (while perhaps not the majority of users).

On GOG though, not only is the number of people way lower, there's "probably" a larger subsection sensitive about privacy (This might be negated by the notion that most GOG users aren't used to getting spam invites etc) but most importantly, the data collected, at least when it comes to playtime will be extremely unreliable at best, given that it'll only ever record that information if and when people use Galaxy to play their game. Because of that the only games it'll really be effective for is the games that require the use of Galaxy in some form or another.

I'd still find the info interesting to see, but it likely won't be something you can draw conclusions from.
If We want more AAA games publishers joining the DRMFREE revolution, a website like SteamSpy is very usefull when you want good statistics:
How many people play this game...
What kind of game is the most played ..
How many people buy games on GOG... How many are Windows users.. How many are Mac users.. How many are Linux users....
And that info must be of public access, so new publishers can join the revolution...

Thanks to SteamSpy we, the users, and the publishers know there are more than 192 million Steam accounts...
And that data is important for new publishers joining the store..

How many gog accounts are? That is the million dollars question. (I guess We are no more than 100K)
Today, only CD projekt know that, and that is BAD if we want more AAA games publishers joining GOG...
Feral interactive, owner of the publishing rights for Linux and Mac of several AAA games, stated that GOG is not a viable store..
Once We have public profiles like Steam, a website like Steamspy will appear and most of the data needed will appear with it..

Do you believe in the GOG's Popular tab with the most sold games? I don't..
Digital_CHE: If We want more AAA games publishers joining the DRMFREE revolution, a website like SteamSpy is very usefull when you want good statistics:
How many people play this game...
What kind of game is the most played ..
How many people buy games on GOG... How many are Windows users.. How many are Mac users.. How many are Linux users....
And that info must be of public access, so new publishers can join the revolution...

Thanks to SteamSpy we, the users, and the publishers know there are more than 192 million Steam accounts...
And that data is important for new publishers joining the store..

How many gog accounts are? That is the million dollars question. (I guess We are no more than 100K)
Today, only CD projekt know that, and that is BAD if we want more AAA games publishers joining GOG...
Feral interactive, owner of the publishing rights for Linux and Mac of several AAA games, stated that GOG is not a viable store..
Once We have public profiles like Steam, a website like Steamspy will appear and most of the data needed will appear with it..

Do you believe in the GOG's Popular tab with the most sold games? I don't..
Fuck "AAA" publishers. If I wanted that shit I'd be on Steam.
high rated
Alexim: With regard to user profiles, great news for those who want to use them and to keep track of their progress, and I hope you also have other surprises in store for the tenth anniversary of the site!
I'm very happy for you and your indifference toward the issues raising from constant encroachment on online privacy, but do explain to me why exactly your right to enjoy your e-peening online is supposed to be more valuable than my right to keep my damn information private?

Especially considering that when GOG began as a service, and while I was pumping all the money I spent on building my library, it did not have such "features."
high rated
Alexim: With regard to user profiles, great news for those who want to use them and to keep track of their progress, and I hope you also have other surprises in store for the tenth anniversary of the site!
Lukaszmik: I'm very happy for you and your indifference toward the issues raising from constant encroachment on online privacy, but do explain to me why exactly your right to enjoy your e-peening online is supposed to be more valuable than my right to keep my damn information private?
Because caring about privacy is sooo last century, man. Get with the program! Post some selfies, tweet some #hashtags and grind out achievements to prove you're a #TrueGamer (#TrueGamer skin can be purchased for just 19.99$).
Breja: Because caring about privacy is sooo last century, man. Get with the program! Post some selfies, tweet some #hashtags and grind out achievements to prove you're a #TrueGamer (#TrueGamer skin can be purchased for just 19.99$).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlHWrLjNKNA
Breja: Because caring about privacy is sooo last century, man. Get with the program! Post some selfies, tweet some #hashtags and grind out achievements to prove you're a #TrueGamer (#TrueGamer skin can be purchased for just 19.99$).
Klumpen0815: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlHWrLjNKNA
Jesus that's a creepy face. Thanks for the nightmare fuel :P
So if gog sends an email to all gog users about this change prior and make a countdown on the main page about it would that solve all the problems? If somebody still doesn't know about these changes it's their own fault. Surely most people read their e-mail or see the main page of GOG. I mean you can already change these privacy settings if you like. I kept everything open to public cause I really don't give a rat's arse about my GOG privacy. I don't mind you seeing my weeb collection of games and owning (imo) the best games on gog.
low rated
Lukaszmik: I'm very happy for you and your indifference toward the issues raising from constant encroachment on online privacy, but do explain to me why exactly your right to enjoy your e-peening online is supposed to be more valuable than my right to keep my damn information private?

Especially considering that when GOG began as a service, and while I was pumping all the money I spent on building my library, it did not have such "features."
I pay much attention to my privacy and I'm not interested in sharing any information at all: in fact I've already set almost everything to "private" for now. I just think it's useful to have a hub where I can take my progress with my games into account.
You've also been warned well in advance of the novelties, so I see no reason to complain. I'm sure you use Google for your searches, but if GOG adds some interesting features you have to sing the praises of the revolution.

If you think it's invasive of your privacy, just stop using GOG.

I personally am not interested in anything of this and I don't follow any "social", but I know I am in a clear minority. Today most people use them, and if GOG wants to grow, it must increase its appeal with the new generations through these innovations as well. As long as everything is optional, it can only be of benefit to everyone.

I also point out that it is ridiculous and childish that those who say they hate the new social trends of the Internet have undeniably run to downvote my comment.
New privacy settings on GOG and of course the default is not set to private...

What does "NOW HIDDEN - Nobody can find me" exactly mean? Can you please explain that setting.
I'm a little perplexed by the option "All GOG Employees Will Be Able to Read Your Mail, Access Your Bank Account, and Sleep With Your Spouse".

By default it's checked. Should I change that?
Senteria: So if gog sends an email to all gog users about this change prior and make a countdown on the main page about it would that solve all the problems?
No. For one, the change renders friends unusable.

Senteria: I kept everything open to public cause I really don't give a rat's arse about my GOG privacy. I don't mind you seeing my weeb collection of games and owning (imo) the best games on gog.
You're quite a neutron star to think the thread is about your privacy.
Alexim: I personally am not interested in anything of this and I don't follow any "social", but I know I am in a clear minority. Today most people use them, and if GOG wants to grow, it must increase its appeal with the new generations through these innovations as well.
The argument here is not about whether they should implement new "social" features at all, but

1. Are there really no more pressing matters (like the installers thing we've been promised a year ago?)
2. The various details of those features and how they are introduced.

I myself (and some others) may feel uncomfortable with those changes in general, may find them unwelcome, but that's a separate thing. I feel we've raised more than enough valid issues here to prove we're not just being cranky old people yelling at clouds.

Alexim: As long as everything is optional, it can only be of benefit to everyone.
Not neccesarily. Just because something is optional doesn't mean the results have to be positive, or that the possible negative results will not touch those who "opt out". The installers situation is great example of that. The galaxy installers are "optional" and yet they are a constant pain in the arse precisely to the people who don't want to use them.