It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Are you kidding me? I've already found a bug! My game count on the drop-down is different to the one listed on my profile.
Attachments:
Great, now I have a new toy to play around with! Some feedback after I'm done playing.
Well done GOG!
andrestoebe: I'd also finally like to see an option to set a nickname that's used in multiplayer games and the forums, i.e. something separate from the account name.
Support can set this up for you.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by badon
high rated
Another expansion for Orwell? Oh, wait....
badon: Support can set this up for you.
From what I know they can change my account name manually. That's not what I want.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by 0xffffffff
high rated
Just checked out my profile, and, well, I can see all the gog activity of my "friends" (people I friended ages ago, and to most of whom I haven't spoken in ages): I can see what games they started playing, what forum topics they started e.t.c Now I feel like a stalker... :-( (and not the game one too...)
So yeah, showing this whole activity openly doesn't make me feel very comfortable, especially given that they in turn are probably going to see this very post though their profiles. And besides the "I feel as if I spied them" angle, I also might not even care about every forum topic they're going to pariticipate in or every single game they're going to start playing (data presumably logged only if one's using Galaxy hopefully), which thus makes this data noise I don't want polluting my head...
So, @GOG: Is there any way to toggle off the datasets I might not want to see e.g. new topics started by my "friends" or games they are playing e.t.c, or even have the option to set the whole profile to private so that others won't be able to see what I'm doing? I do hope you will implement that sometime in the future... (see edit2)

P.S. At least a nice thing I can say about the profile is that it's customisable in terms of appearance, and one can even use a cover from one of the games they own as the background...

edit- well there are some privacy settings under the privacy tab in the settings, thank goodness! I set my visibility to hidden so hopefully now nobody will be able to see my activity. Let's hope that the way I set it up I won't be able to see theirs either...
edit2-ah I can still see my friends activity - I would for sure like an option to hide it from view by myself, without having to tell them to hide it...
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Treasure
xyem: Are you kidding me? I've already found a bug! My game count on the drop-down is different to the one listed on my profile.
Do you have any games not available for purchase on the store anymore?
badon: Support can set this up for you.
andrestoebe: From what I know they can change my account name manually. That's not what I want.
Right. No mistake here, I know exactly what you want, because I got it myself. The "badon" username you see is different from my login username. I had to ask them to do it for me, and it was so fast and easy, I wasted a lot of breath trying to explain what I DID NOT want. I'm guessing they get this request a lot, and they have an easy way to do it for you. Just ask GOG support, they will take of it for you.
andrestoebe: From what I know they can change my account name manually. That's not what I want.
badon: Right. No mistake here, I know exactly what you want, because I got it myself. The "badon" username you see is different from my login username. I had to ask them to do it for me, and it was so fast and easy, I wasted a lot of breath trying to explain what I DID NOT want. I'm guessing they get this request a lot, and they have an easy way to do it for you. Just ask GOG support, they will take of it for you.
I see, thanks a lot for the hint!
high rated
So, is there going to be some sort of email about this privacy-invading crap, or are you just going to let people stumble over it?

Part of why I preferred GOG to Steam was that GOG didn't have this sort of trash.
Turns out that the "About you" section of one's profile does not allow line spacing. I cannot say that I am happy about this.
xyem: Are you kidding me? I've already found a bug! My game count on the drop-down is different to the one listed on my profile.
Desmight: Do you have any games not available for purchase on the store anymore?
Yes, more than one.
high rated
Breja: I don't use Galaxy. I have everything set to max privacy. I still can't avoid letting everyone know how many games I have in my library.
You think that's bad? They can see how much time I have wasted with games!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111elevenone
That's something not even I wanted to know!
low rated
deleted