It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Kadlin: One thing that makes the forums toxic, is you have that + and - rate system. If someone comes along and they say they like Trump for example, all of a sudden you have hordes of leftist gog users click the - button so they can hurt the other's reputation and silence the other user, and also hide their post, because they can't handle a different opinion. So your comment is quite untrue. If you're going to tell me I'm wrong, then you're either in an echo chamber with your comment, or you aren't paying attention. That's just one example btw.
Ophelium: I don't know of anyone who likes the rep system. I ignore it. The numbers don't mean anything really. A 16 who has been here since 2009 is just as valid as a 750 from 2014. But that's just my opinion.

Apparently, the rep system is a bit of old coding that GOG can't/won't fix.
I keep begging GOG to bring my to 7 (so I can post links) and freeze it there.
Beats the roller coaster I've been on. 0 to 1200 to -30 to 1300. Through it all the same number of people like me and the same number of people despise me.

Just give me my 7 and leave it be.
high rated
Ophelium: Apparently, the rep system is a bit of old coding that GOG can't/won't fix.
Won't. Many of this community have asked for the feature to be fixed or removed completely. But GOG is deaf on that ear. For some unfathomable reason they like this trolling-tool in their forum.
Ophelium: Apparently, the rep system is a bit of old coding that GOG can't/won't fix.
Lifthrasil: Won't. Many of this community have asked for the feature to be fixed or removed completely. But GOG is deaf on that ear. For some unfathomable reason they like this trolling-tool in their forum.
The example that comes to mind is Tauto. His rep establishes him as a troll whether or not he is engaging in such behavior. I've seen instances of both. One's first impression might be that he is disreputable (no pun intended) and his opinion is worth less than others.

I guess if GOG's fishing for "constructive feedback", they'd ignore him.
Kadlin: One thing that makes the forums toxic, is you have that + and - rate system. If someone comes along and they say they like Trump for example, all of a sudden you have hordes of leftist gog users click the - button so they can hurt the other's reputation and silence the other user, and also hide their post, because they can't handle a different opinion. So your comment is quite untrue. If you're going to tell me I'm wrong, then you're either in an echo chamber with your comment, or you aren't paying attention. That's just one example btw.
BKGaming: You don't have to look any farther than this thread. Hell a portion of it is filled with downvotes because people dared to think differently or committed the mortal sin of just expressing that that even liked the profile features. Not like the upvote / downvote system means anything, you need like what 3 people to agree or disagree with you? Not very hard to do on this forum.
I agree ........... the + - is bad................. and maybe the - button should be removed ..... to avoid abuse
I have seen similar things in a forum a sitebuilder forum they had + - and the - was abused .... so after a while they decided to remove the - and limit the + to once in 24 hours meaning you could vote a post UP once per 24h for a user, so you can vote up 100s of different users (if you want to spend hours clicking) 1 user can only have 1 vote a day.

So please remove the - vote cause it is very clear many users cannot handle it .
Post edited April 30, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Lukaszmik: This does not assuage my privacy concerns, seeing how Facebook is now a "trusted partner,"
I have seen peoples saying that multiple times, but is it actually official or is it just the fallacy of "Gog uses Facebook authentication API as an optional authentication method; Gog has trusted partners; therefore Facebook is a Trusted partner"
low rated
coreyblueexclusive: It was disgusting, and it made the community look disgusting.
When their's only a few members who speak on the forums, everyone looks at those few members.You guys represent GoG in a way.The new customers here, this is the first thing they'll see or look it.
Yeah GoG does has its faults, and yeah they can fuck up, but when you guys act like you know everything and speak for everyone here, your fucking up.Yes, the majority of the internet does not like the GoG forums, it's not hard to guess why.

It's good to point of company out when you don't like something their doing, but the shitshow here was unacceptable.
dewtech: Am I getting memed over here?
People should silence themselves as some dumb people look up to random people posting on a goddamn (and highly unmoderated from the start) forum? People can act as they want, part of the free speech part, having their own opinions and not being part of a "muh feelings" echo chamber.
No you can say whatever you the hell you want,but when people are actively trying to discourage people from posting I have a problem with that.
high rated
So, now that the bare minimum was achieved I see next on the agenda is a war between forum users about how horrible we are for overreacting, how horrible we are for accepting GOG's response, how horrible we are because someone just doesn't like someone else etc. etc.

Great.

I'm so burnt out on the whole thing after well over a week of this since the first "warning" thread.

Look, sure the statement we got from GOG is not exactly what we'd wish for. It's the bare minimum. It does feel more like a veiled insult at times rather than any sort of apology. The default settings being opt-out rather than opt-in still suck bantha ball. It is what it is. Me, I don't like the direction GOG is going, haven't for a good while now, but for now we got the option we were asking for. We won all we could here. And I really don't feel like having some battle royale over who reacted how to the whole mess, which is the only thing left for this thread apparently.

The important takeway here is that a)GOG sucks at communication and wants to become more and more of a massive online social-gaming platform totally unlike the store it was and b)for now at least we can still maintain a tolerable status quo if we create a backlash strong enough.

So is everything great? No. Is it good enough for me to stay and maybe buy some games? For now, yes.

If you think I'm an asshole and a tin foil crackpot who overreacted or a naive, spineless moron for being easily placated, or a two headed tuba-playing platypus, that's fine with me. I'm done here. Everybody have a good one.
coreyblueexclusive: <snip>
What you mention isn't specific to GOG, but GOG is unique in that it gave up on moderation. Yeah, self-moderation sucks and I can understand getting fed up with it. I have. I left for a while, I came back and said "whatever". It's not worth getting frustrated about and slinging insults just adds fuel to the fire.

It's not just a few regulars who had an issue with this. This was larger than that because it was done carelessly. I don't give two licks about the profiles, but I care about my privacy and that's the main issue. Those numbers are my numbers, whatever they might reveal about me. It took a "shitshow" to get a concession on that. That speaks volumes to me about GOG, while it may not matter to you.

You can choose to participate. If you've got something to add to the discussion/argument/shitshow, then do so. You're the only one who pays for your silence. If you just want to shut it down because you don't feel it's constructive enough, then go to another thread or make your own thread. The line of civility is really thin and some people don't care about crossing it. I try to be careful about what I say to others and I definitely try not to post a reply when someone upsets me. But don't expect self-control on the internet. Might as well bank on winning the lottery.

But someone will listen to you, even if they don't agree with you. And not everything can be hidden with downvotes.
low rated
BKGaming: You don't have to look any farther than this thread. Hell a portion of it is filled with downvotes because people dared to think differently or committed the mortal sin of just expressing that that even liked the profile features. Not like the upvote / downvote system means anything, you need like what 3 people to agree or disagree with you? Not very hard to do on this forum.
Rep is being used like a weapon.
I could care less about it,but people really look at that.
I'm going to directly ask them about getting rid of it.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by coreyblueexclusive
high rated
GOG.com: UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
I'm still saying "Thank you, GOG!", although I have a hard time to do so. It took you way too long to implement this change and such a setting should have been implemented from the beginning. Too much private information already has been leaked to the public. I only can hope you care more about the privacy of your users in the future and may even consider to make options, which show (more) user data to the public, opt-in the next time.
high rated
coreyblueexclusive: I'm going to directly ask them about getting rid of it.
Good luck.
coreyblueexclusive: I'm going to directly ask them about getting rid of it.
Lifthrasil: Good luck.
I wish him luck as well.
coreyblueexclusive: <snip>
Ophelium: What you mention isn't specific to GOG, but GOG is unique in that it gave up on moderation. Yeah, self-moderation sucks and I can understand getting fed up with it. I have. I left for a while, I came back and said "whatever". It's not worth getting frustrated about and slinging insults just adds fuel to the fire.

It's not just a few regulars who had an issue with this. This was larger than that because it was done carelessly. I don't give two licks about the profiles, but I care about my privacy and that's the main issue. Those numbers are my numbers, whatever they might reveal about me. It took a "shitshow" to get a concession on that. That speaks volumes to me about GOG, while it may not matter to you.

You can choose to participate. If you've got something to add to the discussion/argument/shitshow, then do so. You're the only one who pays for your silence. If you just want to shut it down because you don't feel it's constructive enough, then go to another thread or make your own thread. The line of civility is really thin and some people don't care about crossing it. I try to be careful about what I say to others and I definitely try not to post a reply when someone upsets me. But don't expect self-control on the internet. Might as well bank on winning the lottery.

But someone will listen to you, even if they don't agree with you. And not everything can be hidden with downvotes.
It was user not to long ago he got downvoted really bad in this thread.I can tell it kinda affected him,but he got scared of posting anything because of the rep system.I get having people disagree with you on something.But rep bombing somebody who's not on the same page as you,is not cool.I gotta let somebody know about this.It's bad for debating,it's like your opinion on something doesn't matter.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by coreyblueexclusive
high rated
Two steps back, one step forward. Every single time.

elcook: At this point, we’d like to thank for all the feedback we received - the good as well as the constructive one. You bring a lot of important feedback regarding GOG, as you are very devoted to the platform, even if you're not the biggest crowd out there.
Yes yes, very condescending and whatnot.

You're right that this forum represents those most loyal to the platform, though. You can draw as many social media/other forum users in as you want, but in situations like, say, Kingdom Come: Deliverance's delayed release, that lesser sense of loyalty means they'll just go buy it where it's available instead of waiting. Good luck with all that.
high rated
lillywaters: What are you embarrassed by the games you play? [...]
Would that be the reason your own games section is set to private?

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.