It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
elcook: Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Orders & Settings” options, under Privacy tab. Hope this will address your and others concerns regarding GOG Profiles.
Thank you!
That addresses the concern I had raised and was done rather quickly.
This is a step in the right direction.

I will join the choir in that because of privacy concerns regarding data mining (like what Facebook has been going through), these options should probably default to private. Other online retailers have recently moved in that direction as well.
gamesfreak64: yes... thats why Steam changed it :D .... seems they got some 'warning' or wanted to prevent a warning with all the FB going on :D ( "But we already have that Senator" ) check the videos of the hearing.... very entertaining
Have you actually checked your Steam profile?

I see people keep saying "Steam profile is by default private now". But in my experience that is not true. I have 2 Steam accounts both were still set to public after the recent changes. What Steam changed and made "friends only" was game library, inventory, etc (which GOG already does). Unless they made it that way for new accounts only which would be rather pointless after 100+ million accounts.

Even the creator of SteamSpy said he was wrong and after looking more into it he found a lot of stuff is still public by default:

https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-spy-isnt-dead-after-all/
Post edited April 30, 2018 by BKGaming
high rated
elcook: we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG
Thank you for listening, even if this change came a bit too late for privacy, because some people already took screenshots of some accounts and posted them in public.
Oh well, better late than never, I guess.

EDIT: wait, I can't see my own profile now *rolleyes*
Post edited April 30, 2018 by phaolo
high rated
GOG.com: UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.
Yeah! Instantly turned off...(my profile - not me) :)

Of course, I'm not quite sure, if I feel happy with the wording here:

"On the other side, some of you guys here in the forums, have felt differently about this new addition, and stated it clearly here.

You bring a lot of important feedback regarding GOG, as you are very devoted to the platform, even if you're not the biggest crowd out there."

...but I'll let it slip.

So, I guess, it's time to lay this account to rest...until the next time, you screw up.

Bye, bye to everyone...
low rated
GOG.com: Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Personally I thank GoG for the profiles. I think it was a great little add on idea. And honestly those who were talking nasty to the GoG teams needs to grow up. You should be grateful that this site is around and in turn I hope GoG starts to allow moderators to ban people who are telling the admins to shut up. Just because we play games doesn't mean we have to act like little brats. Don't like the profiles don't use them, OMG it is showing I am playing a game- I think anyone who comes here would already put together that hey if you are on this site you are playing a game...get over it, nothing is being harmed by having profiles and they were willing to add more features for those who do not want to be part of it.

Once again I thank GoG always looking to add a new twist to their site. And I also thank them for being willing to change things to please the small amount of people who wanted to complain about something. Most companies would tell you to deal with it so be grateful GoG is willing to bend over backwards. However, the community better start to wise up to what fights they want to pull there is only so far a company can bend over backwards before they start to put their foot down to the abuse.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Thats a hint! Blimey a poster on the side of a bus would be less obvious.

My bet for next Good News, forums are to be closed in favour of reddit or something (think a certain BK is already developing it) for the cool steam-fanboys to hang out on.
You know living your life buying into conspiracy theory's can't be healthy. The Reddit GOG sub has no affiliation with GOG in any type of official capacity as it says in our disclaimer. You really think GOG is going to rely on a third party community that could be shut down at anytime with no control over it? Yea that's not going to happen.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by BKGaming
high rated
I am not sure if this has already been reported, but I consider it a bug. After removing a friend from my friends list, I can still see his activity in my activity feed. It way be his old activity, but still, if I removed a friend, I don't want to see those stuff there.
Trilarion: That part is actually not a big problem in the UK. You can relatively easily found a "Private company limited by shares" [and so on]
Please look into "proper" company models if you are still serious about this. "Cheaper" models offer little protection for you and your team once you get into financial or legal trouble. Random example: If someone hacks your servers and uses those for something like scams, steals customer data, hooks them into some dodgy pay service... you (and possibly your significant other) will literally have to pay those bills for the rest of you life.
I can't produce a statistic on the spot, but the number of foreign companies that used the UK's LLC model and went bankrupt over one single mistake has to be astronomical. You'll also have to rely on a legal scholar of some sort who really understands that business model, meaning your German company would need to have to employ a UK lawyer (possibly in addition to a local one) for every piece of paper you intend to sign. Look into local solutions if you're serious about this.

If you look at the wikipedia article you linked there is a German version of the article available that's even marked as a good article. (I'm not even attempt to link it, because of GOG's high quality forum software.) Maybe look into that.

TL;DR: Plz b careful, k? luv, mum.
low rated
Darvond: Ah, late on time.
Glad to see my prediction was correct.

Here, I'll start with an obvious question: What if someone uploads smut to their profile?
easy you report it just like any other social media... kinda a given in today's world. This is social media sites 101 education grandpa.
high rated
lillywaters: nothing is being harmed by having profiles
Speak for yourself.
low rated
lillywaters: nothing is being harmed by having profiles
xyem: Speak for yourself.
What are you embarrassed by the games you play? There is no real names, no home addys, no phone numbers. But now you guys can turn it off so time to move onto your next complaint of the day
high rated
xyem: Speak for yourself.
lillywaters: What are you embarrassed by the games you play? There is no real names, no home addys, no phone numbers. But now you guys can turn it off so time to move onto your next complaint of the day
I'm not. The list of games I own on GOG has been public for ages on the GOG Wiki and got updated at my leisure (read: maybe once a year).

However, not everyone is me and people have their own reasons for not wanting to show the games they own, or even a count of it.

And your claim that no harm has come from it is false. It only takes one instance of harm for it to be so.
low rated
lillywaters: What are you embarrassed by the games you play? There is no real names, no home addys, no phone numbers. But now you guys can turn it off so time to move onto your next complaint of the day
xyem: I'm not. The list of games I own on GOG has been public for ages on the GOG Wiki and got updated at my leisure (read: maybe once a year).

However, not everyone is me and people have their own reasons for not wanting to show the games they own, or even a count of it.

And your claim that no harm has come from it is false. It only takes one instance of harm for it to be so.
Honestly so far the most harm I have seen from GoG's website is mainly based in the forms from the bullying that I have seen for years happen. So if anything maybe we should be taking a closer look at that first
Under THESE conditions, I can enjoy the profiles.
high rated
I appreciate the ability to turn my profile off, and apparently this is such a popular option that I'm getting a GogBear for the privacy tab!