It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I looked at the games list and thought Spelunky seems the most likely game to appear.

I tried piñata once, and the game I got was... Spelunky.

That's OK, guess. Seems like a nice game, and didn't have it before.
Hmm, I got Randal's Monday, and under my account there's a serial link which is contains URL to a redeem page that gives me a 404 error.

If I fix that up, I'm presented with a list of three games I already own:

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Deponia
A New Beginning: Final Cut

A quick search suggests that that's supposed to be a choice of gifts to whoever has the code (but as usual the genius UI designers at GOG made that as clear as mud).

Where's a good place to find a good home for this code nowadays? I haven't used the chat system here since it replaced the old PM system; is it useful yet, or does it only work when both parties are active at the same time?
Post edited September 12, 2015 by mvscot
PixelBoy: I looked at the games list and thought Spelunky seems the most likely game to appear.
If you factor out anything on actual sale/discount and a few other titles, the Popular section on the front page is a decent (if not accurate in any sense) way of seeing what's popping out of piñata purchases when comparing them against the list in this thread.
For the heck of it I tried one Piñata yesterday, ended up with Outlast, not too shabby even if it isn't my style of game.

Right now I'm feeling more inclined to go see if Viva Piñata will work on Windows 10, what with GFWL being shut down and all.
mrkgnao: It does say in the news OP: "We've got a hefty selection of deals up to 80% off - all indies" and it is called "Indie Piñata", so brace yourself.
blotunga: I was hoping that only the first batch is Indie Pinata, then they switch to some oldie Pinata. Oh well, if it stays like this I won't spend much at least as I have only a couple of indies left that I don't on and I'm interested in.
Considering that the most-recently added game on sale seems to be Kholat, added three months ago, and assuming that this is roughly the cutoff for inclusion in the sale, the games that I may well buy if discounted by at least 50% are:
- Where Is My Heart? [likely]
- Shovel Knight [not likely]
- Escapists, The [likely]
- Hand of Fate [perhaps]
- Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora [likely]
- Republique Deluxe Edition [perhaps]

So I would guess three games and one unsuccessful pinata is about what's left for me.
mrkgnao: - Republique Deluxe Edition [perhaps]
This wasn't on my radar until now, but looks interesting. However I don't are about soundtracks etc. so I will probably get the Standard.
As for the other Pinatas maybe Halfway and Blackwell would be worthwhile, but the chances of landing something that I don't want or have somewhere else are pretty high. So I rather wait for a regular 75% off :)
mvscot: Where's a good place to find a good home for this code nowadays? I haven't used the chat system here since it replaced the old PM system; is it useful yet, or does it only work when both parties are active at the same time?
I wouldn't call it useful, but both parties do not need to be online at the same time. In that respect, it's similar to the old PM.

BTW, if you're interested, according to MaGog:
"Edna & Harvey: The Breakout" is on crewdroog's wishlist
"Deponia" is on skeletonbow's wishlist
"A New Beginning: Final Cut" isn't on anybody's wishlist
mrkgnao: - Republique Deluxe Edition [perhaps]
blotunga: This wasn't on my radar until now, but looks interesting. However I don't are about soundtracks etc. so I will probably get the Standard.
As for the other Pinatas maybe Halfway and Blackwell would be worthwhile, but the chances of landing something that I don't want or have somewhere else are pretty high. So I rather wait for a regular 75% off :)
Note that Republique is a season pass, even if GOG neglects to mention it in the title (MaGog does).
You're missing 1954 Alcatraz in your main list.

In total, the list (with Alcatraz) is currently 25 games, and there are 25 normal discounts as well. So it looks like this sale will probably be 100 games in total, with 50 locked behind the pinatas and 50 open for everyone.
mrkgnao: Note that Republique is a season pass, even if GOG neglects to mention it in the title (MaGog does).
But the Stanard does contains the entire game right?
Marioface5: You're missing 1954 Alcatraz in your main list.

In total, the list (with Alcatraz) is currently 25 games, and there are 25 normal discounts as well. So it looks like this sale will probably be 100 games in total, with 50 locked behind the pinatas and 50 open for everyone.
Must've forgot to add it. Yupp it looks like this.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by blotunga
mrkgnao: Note that Republique is a season pass, even if GOG neglects to mention it in the title (MaGog does).
blotunga: But the Stanard does contains the entire game right?
Nope. Only episodes 1-3 of five (last bullet in game description). And episodes 4-5 have been "coming soon" since forever.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Nope. Only episodes 1-3 of five (last bullet in game description). And episodes 4-5 have been "coming soon" since forever.
Argh, then I'll pass for now. I don't have anything against season passes that have the entire game (like Dreamfall) but I'm not in the mood of buying half-games.
I tried twice and I got:
- Randal's monday
- Blackwell bundle

I guess it's okay, I like point-and-click games :)
Started off ok and then went South quick:

-Randal's Monday
-Spelunky
-Volgarr the Viking

Honestly the quality of the games isn't half bad, its just I've already played both Spelunky and Volgarr to death on steam/vita and xbox one respectively. Love those games but not convinced I needed a 3rd or 2nd copy of each!

Que serra, I wanted adventure games so at least I got one.
I got Outlast (nice) and Randal's Monday (also nice).

But in my library under Randal's Monday there is a information that my game is not yet available and when i click it it says it is not compatible. Any ideas why is that?

EDIT: ok, never mind. I see it in my catalog via site. On Galaxy does not work for reasons.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by iscariote