It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
kneekoo: I can't be that harsh on them. To me, it seems they simply don't have enough man-power and if that's the case I can live with that.
I'm normally not harsh either, but I am appalled this time. They started a project nobody wanted (despite their claiming otherwise), completely abandoning it after about 3 days, leaving us all with a tremendous mess and broken update system, sorting, titles and links... and a 31 page thread to boot with absolutely no communication from them whatsoever.

I can only shudder when I think what the Galaxy experience is going to be........
Post edited April 14, 2015 by Sophia
Sophia: I can only shudder when I think what the Galaxy experience is going to be........
Probably better. There are at least four different blues constantely posting and answering questions in the Galaxy thread.
Library was awkward before, but now... its a complete mess. I own quite a lot of bundles (Zork, Sierra...) that are now unbundled, and the library is anything but clear. No folders or groups, very limited on what you can do... this is a complete clusterfuck.

Thanks to everybody that is posting information, and pushing for solutions.
leonardrhine: Library was awkward before, but now... its a complete mess. I own quite a lot of bundles (Zork, Sierra...) that are now unbundled, and the library is anything but clear. No folders or groups, very limited on what you can do... this is a complete clusterfuck.

You could just sort the games manually by genre or something. Took me awhile to do it, but it looks good in my library now.
leonardrhine: Library was awkward before, but now... its a complete mess[..]
Skoobaba: You could just sort the games manually by genre or something. Took me awhile to do it, but it looks good in my library now.
I don't advise it.
GOG will probably mess up the manual order.
leonardrhine: Library was awkward before, but now... its a complete mess. I own quite a lot of bundles (Zork, Sierra...) that are now unbundled, and the library is anything but clear. No folders or groups, very limited on what you can do... this is a complete clusterfuck.

Skoobaba: You could just sort the games manually by genre or something. Took me awhile to do it, but it looks good in my library now.
It works only as long as you have no more than 626 games in your library, so make sure not to buy too many games.

P.S. Upon rereading the sentence above, I realised that someone might think this is a joke. It's not. The manual sort stops working above a certain number of games in your library. And someone figured out that the critical number is 626.
PaterAlf: Probably better. There are at least four different blues constantely posting and answering questions in the Galaxy thread.
Not sure I follow, could you elaborate, please?

Thats what i did a couple of months ago. And i'll do it again when they're finished (at most, it will be 'decent'). The thing is that you can't even leave some blank spaces between "sections", you need to do it in the cover view, and 5 per line. And no labeling at all !

It says "We're currently unbundling some of your games so that they're easier to organize", it's like a bad joke or something. The number of entries on my list has almost doubled, its way worse than before.
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I follow, could you elaborate, please?
I only wanted to say that they obviously care more about Galaxy and that they haven't given up to communicate with their customers when it comes to the client. There's a thread about the Galaxy alpha and at least four different blues are frequently answering questions and discussing problems with the users.

So I guess the client won't be a broken mess (like the library and some other aspects of the site are at the moment) when they finally release it.
leonardrhine: Thats what i did a couple of months ago. And i'll do it again when they're finished
What do you mean "when they're finished"? They stated that they're not going to fix anything in the library anymore.

See here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/important_notice_unbundling_games/post1525.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
PaterAlf: There's a thread about the Galaxy alpha and at least four different blues are frequently answering questions and discussing problems with the users.

So I guess the client won't be a broken mess (like the library and some other aspects of the site are at the moment) when they finally release it.
Ah, an optimist. ;)
leonardrhine: Thats what i did a couple of months ago. And i'll do it again when they're finished
mrkgnao: What do you mean "when they're finished"? They stated that they're not going to fix anything in the library anymore.

See here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/important_notice_unbundling_games/post1525.
"We're currently unbundling some of your games " <- Sorry. I was waiting for them to finish. Kings Quest iv-v-vi is still bundled.
mrkgnao: What do you mean "when they're finished"? They stated that they're not going to fix anything in the library anymore.

Kind of weird to leave it half-done. The King's Quest games, for example, are not unbundled yet. The rest of the Sierra games are, though.
Skoobaba: Kind of weird to leave it half-done. The King's Quest games, for example, are not unbundled yet. The rest of the Sierra games are, though.
Have you even known GoG to actually finish anything? This is the rule, not the exception.
high rated
PaterAlf: I only wanted to say that they obviously care more about Galaxy and that they haven't given up to communicate with their customers when it comes to the client. There's a thread about the Galaxy alpha and at least four different blues are frequently answering questions and discussing problems with the users.

Phew, for a moment there I feared you implied that when the client will be done, more bluetexts will show up in other threads and address the issues we're facing.

As for the client - that remains to be seen, but even if so, there's no benefit for those that won't use it, unless the site-account will be exactly the same as the client-account, and I've already stated my opinion about what I've seen so far of the client-library.