It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm around halfway through it, just finished level 9 and... wow! I was a bit sceptical, since I'm not really a fan of reboots, but this is amazing! Linear, with solid fights, good weapon selection (I only have reservations about the shotgun, even with all upgrades, its ammo capacity is still too low and reload speed still too slow to be effective in combat for me), fast paced action, interesting abilities/skills/upgrades/sword-techniques, nice story with some witty dialogue and great scenery (EDIT: and excellent music). And secrets that actually require you to be on the lookout for them and spot them, rather than having to remember to press the 5th tile on the left side of that wall.

Note that the last most modern FPS I played was Half Life 2: Ep 2, only recently I got a new PC that can run newer games. So it could be that the graphics and gameplay appear great to me, while in fact it's really nothing special.

Thanks to all those who convinced me to buy it during a weekend sale. I was slightly annoyed when it appeared even cheaper a bit later during the summer sale, but after playing it I see it was worth every penny. Even at full price.

Well done Flying Wild Hog!
Post edited July 23, 2015 by ZFR
No, this is a great game. I loved it also.
Are there weapons other than katana in Shadow Warrior? ; )
But seriously, the game is brilliant. That's all I can say, everyone should give it a try.

edit: have a cookie
Attachments:
wang.jpg (87 Kb)
Post edited July 19, 2015 by mike_cesara
mike_cesara: edit: have a cookie
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and the world laughs at you."
Eh, have the game but the framerate was a bit iffy so i'm waiting for it to appear on ps+! :p

But i did enjoyed of what i've played, looking foward for the second one since there's coop.
Cyraxpt: Eh, have the game but the framerate was a bit iffy so i'm waiting for it to appear on ps+! :p

But i did enjoyed of what i've played, looking foward for the second one since there's coop.
How powerful is your machine?
Post edited July 19, 2015 by monkeydelarge
You're making me want to play this again and try to finish it...
Cyraxpt: Eh, have the game but the framerate was a bit iffy so i'm waiting for it to appear on ps+! :p

monkeydelarge: How powerful is your machine?
It's a laptop.
Depends on your needs I guess.
N73
i5-460M, 8GB Corsair RAM, 7200rpm WD, GT 425M 128 bit. 30fps in 720p. High settings except shadows and no AA.
In fact it's capped to 30fps now because I got about 300fps in menu and temperature around 70C.. Win 7x64
Post edited July 19, 2015 by mike_cesara
I always thought it looked interesting (and beautiful!) plus I remember getting a few laughs out of the shareware original many many years ago.

The sequel (I'm assuming it's the same developers?) looks amazing just based on the screenshots GoG has put up and if it's the same group handling it I'm sure it'll be every bit as fun (and funny!) as the previous iterations. Looks like it might be able to deliver on what Daikatana promised and then some.
I'm loving it, to o!
Ixamyakxim:
Just in case you haven't seen it yet..
Shadow Warrior 2 - 15 Glorious Minutes of Gameplay E3 2015
I was fan of reboots too but then EA announced Star Wars:Battlefield.
Ixamyakxim:
mike_cesara: Just in case you haven't seen it yet..
Shadow Warrior 2 - 15 Glorious Minutes of Gameplay E3 2015
Ooooh I might have to check that out thanks! I love this new tier of FPS games that give us some AAA quality goodness without having to play ModernHaloField 8. Getting some really unique stuff and I approve!
I haven't played hardly any modern FPS either. It's not really a top genre at all for me anymore, but these reboots made me curious after many years off of FPS. First for me was Duke Nukem Forever which I had a blast with even though it was pretty easy and console-esque and gets a lot of hate (why?) It's probably a good idea to be a fan of the older Dukes to potentially enjoy it. And then there was the new Rise of the Triad, which is harder and fast and crazy a bit. Neither are quite as good as the new Shadow Warrior (Shadow Warrior learned from these 2, I think, even though it came out the same year as RotT, I think it had several months more in production) but you might want to check them out if you've got that itch sometime. Glad you're liking it!!!!

Shoutout to DampSquib for gifting it to me, THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Post edited July 19, 2015 by drealmer7