It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I hope you will forgive me that I keep posting Polish songs ;)

Kolęda dla nieobecnych
I guess it should be translated as "Carol for absents". It's dedicated for those people with whom you'll no longer be able to share Christmas Supper. I didn't care much about this carol ~15 years ago but as you become older more and more people are passing away and you really miss them, especially during holidays.
Ghorpm: I hope you will forgive me that I keep posting Polish songs ;)

Kolęda dla nieobecnych
I guess it should be translated as "Carol for absents". It's dedicated for those people with whom you'll no longer be able to share Christmas Supper. I didn't care much about this carol ~15 years ago but as you become older more and more people are passing away and you really miss them, especially during holidays.
A beautiful voice! Is there a translation of the lyrics somewhere?

I'm listening to this song right now, thinking of my father... Once again, we will celebrate Christmas without him! :'(
Ghorpm: I hope you will forgive me that I keep posting Polish songs ;)

Kolęda dla nieobecnych
_Slaugh_: A beautiful voice! Is there a translation of the lyrics somewhere?

I'm listening to this song right now, thinking of my father... Once again, we will celebrate Christmas without him! :'(
I don't think so and don't even try to use automatic translator ;) There are some highly poetical expressions there that will be horribly translated. But you know what, my current task at work is very boring and doesn't require my attention that often so in the meantime I'll try to translate it myself. Don't expect a masterpiece but at least you'll get an idea what's that all about ;)
_Slaugh_: A beautiful voice! Is there a translation of the lyrics somewhere?

Ghorpm: I don't think so and don't even try to use automatic translator ;) There are some highly poetical expressions there that will be horribly translated. But you know what, my current task at work is very boring and doesn't require my attention that often so in the meantime I'll try to translate it myself. Don't expect a masterpiece but at least you'll get an idea what's that all about ;)
Thanks! :-D

I really appreciate your offer, but only if it's not too much trouble... ;-)
Post edited December 19, 2014 by _Slaugh_
Ghorpm: I don't think so and don't even try to use automatic translator ;) There are some highly poetical expressions there that will be horribly translated. But you know what, my current task at work is very boring and doesn't require my attention that often so in the meantime I'll try to translate it myself. Don't expect a masterpiece but at least you'll get an idea what's that all about ;)
_Slaugh_: Thanks! :-D

Here it is! No rhymes, not a perfect translation but at least it can give you an idea what's that all about. There are a few lines that are quite poetic and I'm not sure if my translation are good enough so below I've written a few comments.

Carol for Absents

We will hope once again
and shadows of the absents will appear.
We will believe once more
in yet another Christmas.
Even though a Christmas turmoil faded
because someone's voice is missing again.
Come to us and be with us
in defiance of a so called ironic twist of fate

Give us faith that there is a sense
that we don't have to feel sorry for our friends.
That wherever they are they feel good,
because they are with us although in a different form.
And convince us that it's supposed to be like this
that the air is still trembling from their voices
That they went away to live
and this time to live forever.

Come to our world to compensate our losses,
take an empty seat at the table.
Once again let us be delighted with a child in us
and let us forget that there are empty seats at the table.

We will hope once again
and shadows of the absents will appear.
We will believe once more
in yet another Christmas.
Even though Christmas turmoil faded
because someone's voice is missing.
Come to us and be with us
in defiance of a so called ironic twist of fate

Come to our world to compensate our losses,
take an empty seat at the table.
Once again let us be delighted with a child in us
and let us forget that there are empty seats at the table.

Even though a Christmas turmoil faded - this "Christmas turmoil" is supposed to mean a mixtur of happy voices during the Christmas Supper, children laughing, clatter of dishes, joyful talks and so on. But this time everything is quieter because we are not as happy as we used to be last year/several years ago because someone's voice is missing again (it suggests it happened several times already, i.e. several people passed away)

that the air is still trembling from their voices - even though they are not with us their voices are still echoing a bit, you can't really understand what they are saying but you can still hear a hum of their voices in the air.

Once again let us be delighted with a child in us - this is a wordplay. As you see this carol is addressed to Jesus and He is asked to come to this world, be born again. So He will come as a little child and we ask Him to help us to discover that despite our losses we still have a child in us, that we can still be as joyful as only children can be. Because even though we miss many people we know they are still with us.

If anything is not clear just ask, I'll do my best to explain.
_Slaugh_: Thanks! :-D

Ghorpm: Here it is! No rhymes, not a perfect translation but at least it can give you an idea what's that all about. There are a few lines that are quite poetic and I'm not sure if my translation are good enough so below I've written a few comments.

Carol for Absents

[snip]

Thank you so much! I really appreciate what you did! :-D

Your lyrics and explanations are very clear: This is exactly how we feel when we celebrate Christmas, year after year, even if he passed away 6 years ago! The first Christmas without him was so sad and empty. Someone important was missing, someone who's still in our hearts, and always will be! Life is so fragile! :')

Thanks for sharing these lyrics! :-)
Ghorpm: Here it is! No rhymes, not a perfect translation but at least it can give you an idea what's that all about. There are a few lines that are quite poetic and I'm not sure if my translation are good enough so below I've written a few comments.

Carol for Absents

[snip]

_Slaugh_: Thank you so much! I really appreciate what you did! :-D

Your lyrics and explanations are very clear: This is exactly how we feel when we celebrate Christmas, year after year, even if he passed away 6 years ago! The first Christmas without him was so sad and empty. Someone important was missing, someone who's still in our hearts, and always will be! Life is so fragile! :')

You are welcome! As I said before - you can only fully understand this carol only if you too lost somebody close to your heart. Every single person that I talked about this carol admitted that they experienced it very differently before and after a death of someone loved. There are things you can't really imagine. You have to live it through to understand it... and it's really impressive how well this carol describe those kind of feelings and give you hope that they indeed feel good, wherever they are...
_Slaugh_: Thank you so much! I really appreciate what you did! :-D

Ghorpm: You are welcome! As I said before - you can only fully understand this carol only if you too lost somebody close to your heart. Every single person that I talked about this carol admitted that they experienced it very differently before and after a death of someone loved. There are things you can't really imagine. You have to live it through to understand it... and it's really impressive how well this carol describe those kind of feelings and give you hope that they indeed feel good, wherever they are...
So true...

I need to get some sleep now, I'll probably dream of my father! :-)
_Slaugh_: Congratulation to the following winners: (A PM will be sent shortly)

[...]

Enjoy your new games! :-)

Thank you very much! :)
Post edited December 19, 2014 by ShadowOwl
I'm in for The Bridge

As for songs, here are a few hip-hop carols :)

Kurtis Blow - Christmas Rappin'
Snoop Dogg - Santa Claus Is Going Straight To The Ghetto
Cut Master D.C. - The Night Before Christmas
The Treacherous Three - Santa's Rap
The Showboys - That's What I Want For Christmas

and (depending on your style of humor) an incredible Christmas LP by Afroman :D
Afroman - A Colt .45 Christmas [Full Album]
Not in but thank you and +1
Maleńka Miłość (Tiny Love) by Eleni. As you can probably see she has Greek origins. This song was very popular in radio and TV in late 90s, especially after Eleni's daughter was murdered by her ex-boyfriend.

I like watching this video clip because it's nothing like video clips that are produced nowadays.
BlackThorny: Hi, I'm in for Super Hexagon | GOG | :)
And I'm amazed no one have yet to mention Celine Dion? To name a few: This is Xmas Magic of Xmas Xmas Carols Happy Xmas
RoloTony: Can I please be entered for BlackThorny to win Super Hexagon? Thanks. My favorite Christmas song is Mr. Mackey's funny Carol of the Bells from South Park: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsEv3T2P02w
Yes you can! ;-)
Animals of YouTube sing "Jingle Bells"
ROFL! I tried this with my cat, but she couldn't sing! :-)
Thanks for sharing this video, it's a very good find!

I want to thank you for being so generous with all the songs you shared so far. If you're interested by another game, I'll be more than happy to give you a second chance to win... You can enter for a friend if you want...