It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stupeflip - Check da Crou
La Caution - Pilotes Automatiques
Svinkels - C-Real Killer
L'armée des 12 - Ils m'observent
Post edited July 28, 2014 by Leroux
One that I regularly listen: Tha Trickaz: Samurai 7.
I know you are asking for it, a couple french oldies:

MC Solaar: Nouveau Western
MC Solaar: Solaar pleure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R80-1Ej83o - IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE - DANCE WITH THE DEVIL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PehHfM5e7WI - BLADE - STORMS ARE BREWING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4r1ch272nM - AKALA - SHAKESPERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_V9aFiLjh0 - JEHST - ENGLAND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRqOaC-2oOE - THE LAST EMPEROR - HEAVEN

some of the tunes I listened when I was a hip-hop nut
Post edited July 30, 2014 by grimrhyma
if you like horror and rap check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyc8GNsJyPk
Feelin' wavy on a Sunday.
So...if you all were MCs or DJs what would you go by?

I would be MC
Hesher
Post edited August 03, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
Guru & MC Solaar: the good, the bad.
darthspudius: This is a genuine question...

Why is it in Hip Hop every drum rhythm sounds out of synch with everything else? Better yet why do Rappers these days have no sense of rhythm like the ones from the 80s? Seriously curious.
To make a good hip hop beat you have to add a bit of swing which stretches the hits out (in 4/4 it will bring 1/2 and 3/4 closer together adding gaps between 2/3 and 4/1-int he next bar- ) and makes them less "straight". If you quantize the bass and synths to for example semiquavers they will be straight semiquavers so will be slightly out of sync with the drums.

People just thing "oooh I'll put a shitload of swing on the beat and it will be hip hop!" but there is a lot more to it then that.

So in answer to your question, they don't understand how to use the swing function in their DAW
Ragnarblackmane: So...if you all were MCs or DJs what would you go by?

I would be MC
Hesher
My MC name is Vanilla Scheisse \m/

Edit : More details : Just read up a bit on this page and saw your a drummer. You probably understand perfectly everything I was saying but I'll explain a bit more in case anyone else needs it (I'm also a drummer and enthusiastic about making music generally :) ) Imagine your playing a roll with triplets right left right--left right left--right left right etc etc. Now if you remove the middle hits (in between each set which is bracketed with -- ) but keep the timing the same relative to the tempo/time signature then it sounds a lot funkier than if you was playing straight 4's, which is kinda what the swing function does on a DAW
Post edited August 04, 2014 by CptFandango
Alliance Ethnik feat. Biz Markie & Vinia Mojica - Fat come back

Very nice singing by Vinia Mojica. She has an amazing voice. I'm pretty sure there was a music video for this track, but I can't find it on YT.
Bavarian underground rapper Liquid made a really nice music video with reenactments of 50 rap album covers:

Liquid - La Le Lu

Since I'm in good mood because of todays apperance of Sacred 2 on GOG, here's the deal: The first one of you guys who recognizes, let's say at least 30 out of those 50 album covers and writes them down in the thread gets a free copy of Sacred 2 Gold Edition. With one exception they're all from US releases, so chances should be equal. And they're mostly popular classics, so it should be easy to figure out if you're a bit into Hip Hop music history. This offer lasts as long as the game is on sale. So hurry up!
Bavarian: I'm pretty sure there was a music video for this track, but I can't find it on YT.
I checked on dailymotion and I couldn't find it either.
Bavarian: Bavarian underground rapper Liquid made a really nice music video with reenactments of 50 rap album covers:

Liquid - La Le Lu
Nice one. The video is really cool but I honestly couldn't find many covers.
Post edited August 14, 2014 by Cambrey
Bavarian: I'm pretty sure there was a music video for this track, but I can't find it on YT.
Cambrey: I checked on dailymotion and I couldn't find it either.
I've found it on a less known site, but since it looks a bit fishy, I'm hesitant to post the link here. In any case, Bavarian was right, there is a music video for the song.

Bavarian: Bavarian underground rapper Liquid made a really nice music video with reenactments of 50 rap album covers:

Liquid - La Le Lu
Very nice, thanks for posting this. And it was fun solving your challenge!

01. Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill (0:23)
02. N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton (0:38)
03. Run DMC - King of Rock (0:39)
04. Outkast - Stankonia (0:46)
05. 2 Live Crew - As Nasty As They Wanna Be (0:48)
06. Boogie Down Productions - Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip Hop(1:00)
07. De la Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising (1:02)
08. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle (1:08)
09. Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (1:12)
10. Nas - Illmatic (1:18)
11. Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary (1:24)
12. Ice Cube - Death Certificate (1:33)
13. Ol' Dirty Bastard - Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version (1:35)
14. Gangstarr - Daily Operation (1:37)
15. Cypress Hill - Black Sunday (1:53)
16. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers (1:57)
17. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders (2:06)
18. A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory (2:11)
19. The Notorious BIG - Ready to Die (2:19)
20. De la Soul - De la Soul is Dead (2:22)
21. Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt (2:50)
22. Mos Def - The New Danger (2:53)
23. Redman - Muddy Waters (2:56)
24. Naughty by Nature - 19NaughtyIII (3:09)
25. Ice-T - Power (3:15)
26. Dr. Dre - The Chronic (3:29)
27. EPMD - Back in Business (3:34)
28. Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full (3:41)
29. 2Pac- All Eyez On Me (3:49)
30. Fugees - The Score (4:00)

Some of the other scenes look very familiar, too, but I can't put my finger on which album they belong to right now. But the intro/song title is a cool tribute to Slick Rick's Children's Story.

Now for the spoilsport part - I already own the Steam version of Sacred 2, and it doesn't run on Win 8. If you want me to give the GOG version another chance, I wouldn't say no, but since I'm 'swamped' with videogames anyway, I'd be perfectly fine with you saving the money or offering the game to the first one who can name a few of the remaining album titles (so it doesn't have to be over with my post, I'm actually curious to see which ones I missed!). :)
Post edited August 14, 2014 by Leroux
Looks like we already have a deserved winner!

Leroux: the intro/song title is a cool tribute to Slick Rick's Children's Story.
I didn't even notice the resemblance, to be honest. Not sure if it's intentional. It's actually a sample from the 1950s movie 'Wenn der Vater mit dem Sohne' with Heinz Rühmann. The whole song concept is based on this theme of a bedtime song. Even the beat has this sleepy vibe and kind of makes you wanna go to bed immediately.

BTW, out of curiosity: How much of the lyrics did you understand? If you don't speak the dialect yourself it can't be more than 30% at most, I would think. *g*
If you want me to give the GOG version another chance, I wouldn't say no
The code is yours. Use it for yourself, pass it on, do whatever you want with it. It's the Gold Edition with the two expansions and Win 8 support, so you might wanna keep it. Who knows, maybe even the MP part comes back with Galaxy.
Bavarian: I didn't even notice the resemblance, to be honest. Not sure if it's intentional. It's actually a sample from the 1950s movie 'Wenn der Vater mit dem Sohne' with Heinz Rühmann. The whole song concept is based on this theme of a bedtime song. Even the beat has this sleepy vibe and kind of makes you wanna go to bed immediately.
I think it would be an odd coincidence if it wasn't intentional. Children's Story is just as classic a hip hop track as Rühmann's La Le Lu is a classic song in Germany. The first is presented as a bedtime story, the second as a lullaby, and both because a child's voice is asking for it in the intro.

Bavarian: BTW, out of curiosity: How much of the lyrics did you understand? If you don't speak the dialect yourself it can't be more than 30% at most, I would think. *g*
I can't claim to understand every word, but I think I can generally understand what he's saying, so it should be at least 65%. :)

The theme of the song is a classic, too. In the first verse, for example, he talks about watching everything from a distance and losing his faith seeing hip hop turn from art with soul and meaning into commercial mainstream music with rappers talking about bullshit, repeating the same clichés etc. (The last bit is perhaps a bit ironic, seeing how often this theme is repeated in underground hip hop itself, but I still like it. :D)

Bavarian: The code is yours. Use it for yourself, pass it on, do whatever you want with it. It's the Gold Edition with the two expansions and Win 8 support, so you might wanna keep it. Who knows, maybe even the MP part comes back with Galaxy.
Thanks!
Post edited August 15, 2014 by Leroux