It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which games are keeping you company this weekend?

Another weekend is fast approaching and we must be ready to embrace it with open hard drives! Because even though a brief daily session can often help get us through the week, it's the long weekend ones that pull us right into our favorite gameworlds, letting us absorb all the sweet gaming juices we need to recharge our batteries.

So which games are you using to fuel up this weekend?
Go on, share your Weekend Playlists with us. They can include single-player games, multiplayer games, console exclusives, anything - we are not judging. In fact, we are sharing too!

Looking for some inspiration, perhaps? The GOG.com releases of the week are a good start:

You can swing weapons heavy with the power of physics in <span class="bold">Exanima</span>
You can make shadows your dagger or your hiding place as <span class="bold">Shadwen</span>
You can go searching for you lost king in the procedurally-generated archipelago of <span class="bold">Overfall</span>
You can manage your drones as they sift through the remains of dead spaceships in <span class="bold">Duskers</span>
You can build robotic oddities that can survive the puzzles of <span class="bold">MechoEcho</span>
You can revisit the addictive FPS/RPG gameplay of <span class="bold">The Original Strife: Veteran Edition</span>
You can put on your <span class="bold">Two-Horned Helmet</span> and lead your Vikings to the <span class="bold">Valhalla Hills</span>
You can brave an alien planet to find <span class="bold">The Way</span> to eternal life
starmanjones: Kerbal space program OF COURSE :) those cute kerbals , Im really happy when I return them safely to Kerbin.
tinyE: Have you played the newest update yet? :P Prepare to make a few craters. :P

BTW, your new avatar is way cool. I gotta snag something like that.
yes I have played the latest update Wheee lovely fireworks! Explosions everywhere!
I just bought KSP for my brother inlaw. In reallife he has a degree in aerospace engineering. I will see how he does

Thankyou
My only game this weekend is called "girlfriend". It is a linear role playing game. I always end up in the same spot. It is quite short, too.
I ended up playing Company of Heroes 2, Street Fighter 5, and Red Orchestra 2.
Makarov92: I ended up playing Company of Heroes 2, Street Fighter 5, and Red Orchestra 2.
That sounds pretty awesome!
My usual concoction of racing and late-night adventure gaming.
Played SBK X and DTM 2016 on PC, and Sebastien Loeb Rally and Ride on my Xbox.
At night some JULIA, Shardlight and Technobabylon.

Man, I love Milestone's SBK games. I originally played them on console but recently re-bought a whole bunch of them on PC after finding the offline versions. They run so well on my PC and still look fantastic. In fact they look and perform much better than the latest MotoGP games, after all the required performance- and visual adjustments.
vicklemos: At last, here's mine!

- Pajama Sam ep.1
maladr0Id: Pajama Sam! I've always wanted to give those a spin because of Ron Gilbert's involvement. Would love to hear your thoughts, once you've tried it :)
Dude!
It was fantastic. I'm a huge Freddi Fish/Putt-Putt fan; since the mid 90s, been crazy about these (even though I was alreadya big folk 20yrs ago...) but Pajama Sam is AMAZING. What a lovely game. Didn't finish it, though, but I spent like 2h in it and can't recommend it more. Go for it.
And you know what's even cooler? I have twin kids, they're 2.5yrs old BUT they're too young to dig some games, even though they like to see me playing. But a niece came home to stay for the weekend and we played it. So much cool to dig some Humongous games with younglings.
Yep, she nailed some nasty puzzles, man. Amazing. It was supreme.

ps: KEEP DEM WEEKEND PLAYLISTS THREADS ALIVE! :D
Ricky_Bobby: At night some JULIA, Shardlight and Technobabylon.
Superb choice of games. I really pictured myself in a quiet night, while the cicadas are chirping, playing some J.U.L.I.A.
Amazing, bud.

Ricky_Bobby: Man, I love Milestone's SBK games. I originally played them on console but recently re-bought a whole bunch of them on PC after finding the offline versions. They run so well on my PC and still look fantastic. In fact they look and perform much better than the latest MotoGP games, after all the required performance- and visual adjustments.
Wish I had this passion about moto-sims. I mean, they're great, it's me who ain't got a proper time to actually enjoy these. Milestone's games are among the best ones out there, so I've heard! :)
Makarov92: I ended up playing Company of Heroes 2, Street Fighter 5, and Red Orchestra 2.
You know what's funny?
A month ago I was playing Men of War, SFIV and Medal of Honor. Had a blast with this (totally rare) local co-op multiplayer madness; but looking at the choice of games, guess I'm a poor mans version of you ;(
Post edited May 23, 2016 by vicklemos
Installed, played, finished Chronology; messed around a bit with Darksiders and gave it up for now; installed KoTOR II, but only got a bit into the Prologue. Mindless bouts of Triple Town while listening to an audiobook.
hyperagathon: snip
Thanks, pal. Gotta give these Xatrix levels a go now! :)
vicklemos: ps: KEEP DEM WEEKEND PLAYLISTS THREADS ALIVE! :D
Hear hear!
Some Lords of the Fallen, and, of course, more Rebel Galaxy!
vicklemos: epic comment
Delightful! I don't have any young 'uns yet but I do like to consider myself one! At heart. So Pajama Sam just climbed straight to the top of my point'n'click backlog to meet Fran Bow, STASIS, and DOTT Remastered. Play nice now, kids.

In other news, I am getting brutalized by Forced Showdown but I am having a blast with it! Finally managed to get through The Crucible once and will try to kick that ugly mofo's butt once more tonight. Any aspirations for further progress are not really compatible with my skills or deck at this point, though :/
vicklemos: epic comment
maladr0Id: Delightful! I don't have any young 'uns yet but I do like to consider myself one! At heart. So Pajama Sam just climbed straight to the top of my point'n'click backlog to meet Fran Bow, STASIS, and DOTT Remastered. Play nice now, kids.

In other news, I am getting brutalized by Forced Showdown but I am having a blast with it! Finally managed to get through The Crucible once and will try to kick that ugly mofo's butt once more tonight. Any aspirations for further progress are not really compatible with my skills or deck at this point, though :/
I wonder why we didn't get Forced.
Might be they didn't want to implement Cross play with Steam. :P

Forced Showdown seems ok, Not exactly sure how it works with the cards though.
Are cards usable skills?
omega64: Forced Showdown seems ok, Not exactly sure how it works with the cards though.
Are cards usable skills?
Not exactly. Each character has a set of four core skills/abilities that they can use, regardless of cards.
When you begin a battle (=series of arenas with a boss at the end) you get some cards in your hand, randomly chosen from the deck you've built beforehand. Then each round you get a new card and you can play as many as your mana allows (unless any variables apply, mana goes up by one every round, much like Hearthstone). These can summon little helpers, give you passive buffs, strengthen your abilities, act as consumables, etc. The effects usually outlast the round, so you are growing significantly stronger as the arenas progress.

It's a pretty simple yet effective way of utilising the CCG part of the game, I'd say. Managed to get me hooked, and I'm not your typical ARPG/dungeon-crawler kind of guy. Helps that it can be enjoyed in short half-hour bursts, too :)
maladr0Id: *snip*
Alright, thanks for the information.
Enjoy playing it.
Post edited May 24, 2016 by omega64
Next weekend I'll try to finish as much as I can from Mad Max to uninstall on Monday to make room for The Witcher 3 again.