It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all! :)

It’s not a secret that GOG.com, the platform and community gathered around it, is growing at an exceptional rate all around the world. We keep that in mind as we look for ways to improve our service for everyone. Obviously, one of the most important functions for all of you is downloading your purchases - preferably as fast and as reliably as possible.

For some of you this might sound familiar (yep it’s our 3rd time!), once again we are in the process of benchmarking various download locations, and trying to get the most representative sample of worldwide results. That means as many unique ISPs / cities / countries as possible, and we need a little help from you! :) Below you will find a simple test that requires just one click and won't take more than 2 minutes of your time to complete:
http://www.gog.com/2015_cdn_test

Your help is greatly appreciated here! Of course you can run the test as many times as possible (preferably at different locations and different times of day). Oh, and keep in mind that we used a little bit of Flash in this test, so if you want to participate please make sure you have the flash player installed and/or your are not using any flash blocking plugins in your browser.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Chamb
Uh.. today the test went wrong.. it was super slow and it hanged at 12% with high memory usage.
I had to kill it after the Flash "plugin unresponsive" message.
Post edited April 03, 2015 by phaolo
Very slow download test today. It took over two minutes too finish.
Matruchus: Very slow download test today. It took over two minutes too finish.
Was it just Test#1 that is going slow? That's what I got as well. But Test #2 always goes faster. I hope those are new servers that GOG is getting.
Yes, from now on the test will take longer to complete, because we decided to extended the testing time - simply to get more data for our research. :)

But even after the change it should not take more then 2 minutes.
IronArcturus: Was it just Test#1 that is going slow? That's what I got as well. But Test #2 always goes faster. I hope those are new servers that GOG is getting.
Test 2 was about the same for me.

When I did the test in second attempt test 2 said to be completed in one second but the progress bar was doing download for about a minute after that. I have a feeling their download application is crashing today.

Edit: Well at least my third attemp was normal now 1m 34 seconds.
Post edited April 03, 2015 by Matruchus
Done again. Took about 1 minute and 33 seconds.
Chamb: But even after the change it should not take more then 2 minutes.
Ran the test just now after this change and it took about 2 mins. 25 secs. approx., although probably because my internet speed is not very fast to begin with.
Done.....90 seconds......06.35..
Chamb: But even after the change it should not take more then 2 minutes.
stg83: Ran the test just now after this change and it took about 2 mins. 25 secs. approx., although probably because my internet speed is not very fast to begin with.
Same here. The first couple times I ran the test, it took under a minute, but now it's been taking more than 2 minutes since then.
Exoanthrope: Same here. The first couple times I ran the test, it took under a minute, but now it's been taking more than 2 minutes since then.
I ran the test again and Test #1 was incredibly slow. But Test #2 ran really fast. I wonder if Test #2 uses different servers.
And done.

But it would be nice to see what exactly was measured and the result.
Geralt_of_Rivia: And done.

But it would be nice to see what exactly was measured and the result.
I agree. The download test should output the results of each test. But so far I can tell Test #2 always runs better than the first test.
Done.....95 seconds......17.28.....
Using Flash for these tests was probably not a good idea. My flash plugin crashed during test #2, and that's it. My lack of RAM (512 MB) is probably the cause of this. GOG downloader works fine on my computer, but Flash tends to overload and crash.
Done......90 seconds......06.45....