It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EDIT: Please disregard this post...
Post edited February 01, 2015 by _Slaugh_
Take a look at this: The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold (1958)

edit: "2000ish" says in the title... sigh, i'm too tired.. anyway.. :-)
Post edited February 01, 2015 by Vythonaut
Sabin_Stargem: Maybe it is "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold"? It had a special edition release in 1997 or so. A 2004 DVD release was also done.
That's what I thought but the OP indicates that his father saw the whole movie and to my knowledge no one in history has ever been able to sit through that piece of shit. :P
Sabin_Stargem: Maybe it is "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold"? It had a special edition release in 1997 or so. A 2004 DVD release was also done.
tinyE: That's what I thought but the OP indicates that his father saw the whole movie and to my knowledge no one in history has ever been able to sit through that piece of shit. :P
Shut up! I liked that movie when I was young. You're ruining my childhood!
tinyE: That's what I thought but the OP indicates that his father saw the whole movie and to my knowledge no one in history has ever been able to sit through that piece of shit. :P
viperfdl: Shut up! I liked that movie when I was young. You're ruining my childhood!
No, I think watching that movie is probably to blame for ruining your childhood. :P
I presume that it's probably not the 1998 movie "Tarzan and the Lost City", but there's 1999's "The Vivero Letter", which might fit the bill.
There's also an adaptation of H. Rider Haggard's "She" from 2001, but I don't think it had anything to do with gold.
_Slaugh_: EDIT: Please disregard this post...
Oh yeah? Now I'm going to regard it even more! Like this: ಠ_ಠ
Saw the thread title and thought of this movie right off. I'm going to second (or is it third, along with gunsynd?) you on this.
TwoHandedSword: Saw the thread title and thought of this movie right off. I'm going to second (or is it third, along with gunsynd?) you on this.
Same here. I remember having high hopes for it when it was released and then I saw it... as tinyE noted, ruined childhood.
If it were older then I'd go for The Jewel of the Nile... but that was in 1985
Thats immediately what I thought too
TwoHandedSword: Saw the thread title and thought of this movie right off. I'm going to second (or is it third, along with gunsynd?) you on this.
I immediately thought of this movie too (that and its predecessor, King Solomon's Mines) -- what threw me off is that the OP said it was a 2000's-era movie, and both movies were from the mid-1980's (King Solomon's Mines is from 1985, and Lost City of Gold was from 1987). Given that both films were from the Cannon Group, I wouldn't exactly say that they were "good", but they were entertaining and hilarious nevertheless.

Ooh, now I have the urge to go back and watch Invasion USA.
rampancy: I immediately thought of this movie too (that and its predecessor, King Solomon's Mines) -- what threw me off is that the OP said it was a 2000's-era movie, and both movies were from the mid-1980's (King Solomon's Mines is from 1985, and Lost City of Gold was from 1987). Given that both films were from the Cannon Group, I wouldn't exactly say that they were "good", but they were entertaining and hilarious nevertheless.

Ooh, now I have the urge to go back and watch Invasion USA.
Invasion USA, home of the never ending RPG! :P
I also like the guy getting hit with the rocket at the end and how it doesn't damage the blinds behind him.
rampancy: ... the OP said it was a 2000's-era movie, and both movies were from the mid-1980's (King Solomon's Mines is from 1985, and Lost City of Gold was from 1987).
Or it could be that the OP just didn't see it until around then. First time I saw The Wizard of Oz as a child, I kind of assumed it was a recent release as well.
tinyE: Invasion USA, home of the never ending RPG! :P
I also like the guy getting hit with the rocket at the end and how it doesn't damage the blinds behind him.
What always cracks me up in the trailer is how he uses the single-shot grenade launcher as an automatic weapon in the office building.

rampancy: ... the OP said it was a 2000's-era movie, and both movies were from the mid-1980's (King Solomon's Mines is from 1985, and Lost City of Gold was from 1987).
TwoHandedSword: Or it could be that the OP just didn't see it until around then. First time I saw The Wizard of Oz as a child, I kind of assumed it was a recent release as well.
Yeah. I was guessing that he was likely referring to the 2004 DVD release, of which I actually wasn't aware. I'm actually considering picking it up now...
Post edited February 01, 2015 by rampancy