It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone here played the game "1830: Railroads & Robber Barons"? It's a management/economic game similar to these, it was made by the same studio that developed Master of Magic and Master and Master of Orion 1-2, I've never played it however.
Post edited June 30, 2014 by Crosmando
Looks interesting, so I voted. Please count me in for 1849. Thank you. +1
Post edited July 19, 2014 by aJillSandwich
Thanks for this, damien.

I'm in for 1849, please.
Voted, not a bad game, probably still have a CD somewhere.

Count me in for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 & Chris Sawyer's Locomotion, thank you.
Voted. In for 1849!
Post edited September 04, 2014 by RWarehall
Voted! In for1849. Thanks!
In for 1849. Thx!
bumping
Voted! I remember playing the demo years ago. Seemed cool then, but I never bought it.

I'm in for 1849.
Voted, in for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.

I'll admit that railroad games are something I've always wanted to try on the PC, as I loved playing with trains as a kid, but I've never tried one.
In for 1849. Love all kinds of rail/early america style games. You should check out the Westward series, good fun.
Voted and I am in for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
In for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Back in 2001, when Rails Across America was released, I reviewed it for a game review magazine. Here is my final paragraph from the review:

In the end Rails Across America is part Railroad Tycoon, part 1830: Railroads and Robber Barons and nevertheless thoroughly unique and surprisingly fun to play. Look past the plain visuals and ignore the fact that you've never heard of the developer... if you like strategy games that don't take 10 hours to play and thrive on cutthroat multiplayer mayhem then this is your game.

In for 1849.
Crosmando: Anyone here played the game "1830: Railroads & Robber Barons"? It's a management/economic game similar to these, it was made by the same studio that developed Master of Magic and Master and Master of Orion 1-2, I've never played it however.
Yes, I loved that game. Simtex made great games and this was no exception. 1830 was actually a computerized version of a board game (Avalon Hill published I believe) and a really fun game both in its board game and computer version. I believe you can still buy the board game from a different publisher.
Post edited July 14, 2014 by cschock
bump