It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: Are you saying the three-word code might be yogsloth's way of asking for help?
For those who have been distracted, the answer is, obviously, yes. A positive previous answer serves to introduce the second 'question-assertion':

JoeSapphire: Are you saying that having previous knowledge of people's personality isn't going to help us?
Straw man. Sophistry 101.

Within a continued series of seeds in preparation for this... The first seeds planted by yogs a few hundred posts ago. Hum.

Not the reaction to be expected from Town. Trent reacts more authentically (he keeps earning Town points even as he earns scum points now and then).

Yes to the reaction of scum trying to add confusion when there is already a short list of suspects that keeps becoming provisionally shorter.

Nothing definitive, though. And would hate to be mistaken with Joe, too.

The pool is draining and those little tadpoles will soon have nowhere to hide.

Now on something completely different:

NON TOWN: DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! Even if you have had a bad start, you have the rare chance of achieving an epic victory against difficult odds. Just try to not get burnt too early. Above all: do not make it too easy for Town. Town has played well so far and deserves to be facing all the skill and grit that you can summon.

TOWN: Keep your head cool! Seriously. Town knows so much (because of good tactical decisions and the success of keeping an IC alive, etc) that by playing it safe, success is very close. Just keep it cool.

Does anybody know if Joppo was going to be busy for the weekend? (ConsulCaesar was).
Had missed Joppo's post. Nice to see.
joppo: Something did strike me as odd when Yogsloth was lynched. As Joe hammered he voted, then unvoted, took a few minutes then voted Yog again. It was pointless to do all this dance because the first vote was enough to hammer and no unvote would change that. But it could be hesitation to buss a scumbuddy, then after seeing there was no turning back trying to salvage some townpoints from Yog's lynch.
Agreed. Also, votes after yogsloth's self-vote provide zero Town points.
Very quick check. Reception here is not exactly ideal.

Kudos to GR for another investigation and to whoever stopped the night kill.

Of the current discussion, I suspect Joe the most for the erratic voting during Yog's lynch. Also IIRC he was on all bandwagons during D1.

And a final thought: whoever was responsible for SPF's death N2, consider if claiming will clear another townie. If you are a redirector you know who the mafia tried to kill N2 (which could clear even another non-scum). If you are a vigilante and you are not counterclaimed, you can also prove yourself. However, if for any reason your claim will not clear anybody new or adds more risk than benefit, stay hidden.
joppo: Something did strike me as odd when Yogsloth was lynched. As Joe hammered he voted, then unvoted, took a few minutes then voted Yog again. It was pointless to do all this dance because the first vote was enough to hammer and no unvote would change that. But it could be hesitation to buss a scumbuddy, then after seeing there was no turning back trying to salvage some townpoints from Yog's lynch.
Carradice: Agreed. Also, votes after yogsloth's self-vote provide zero Town points.
You agree to what? That I might have been reluctant to bus a scum buddy, then seeing that there was no turning back trying to salvage some town points?

I know there's no way of proving it, but I wrote the first vote before yogsloth self-voted, faffed around with the rest of my post, then unvoted after yogsloth self-voted because I didn't understand what it meant.

You didn't say what you meant by 'mud the waters'.
Carradice: @GR: Agreed on the likeness of 1 being scum and 1 being neutral. Both to be erradicated until new notice.
You seem to have gotten most of what I was trying to say, but not all.....i.e. the wording of my starting PM from OP/ZFR words each of the possible results in such a way that the third party is(if i'm reading it right) likely to NOT be a danger to town and/or need town to lose for themselves to win...as in the third party is almost certain(if I read the PM right) to be pure neutral and not a threat to town(or at least not as big a threat).

(@OP: Above is NOT a vote)

Carradice: @Joe: Not forgetting your questions about scum influencing the charts. This has been taken into account from the beginning. If people can restrict themselves from lynching anyone during the weekend, hopefully the innovations will be helpful in that respect. Also, all things considered, the sheet helps Town more.
I could wait until start of monday(as in 12:01 AM on Monday) for such, I suppose....dunno if the others are willing to do so as well, though.

Carradice: Also, try to submit your views clearly if you can, at least lists of main suspects etc. Clarity helps Town.
My List:
(1 is certain town, and 0 is certain scum/third party....0.5 is neutral leaning/don't know which way to lean them atm)

Micro 1
Agent 1
Carradice 0.9 (As the GF theory could hold some truth to it...but beyond that imo you are lock town)

Joppo 0.5
Joe 0.5
Lift 0.5
Caesar 0.5

Pooka+Trent 0.3 (I combined them as the way they are "fighting" I figure one of them is very likely to be scum/third party)
-----------------------------------------------

Carradice: NON TOWN: DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! Even if you have had a bad start, you have the rare chance of achieving an epic victory against difficult odds. Just try to not get burnt too early. Above all: do not make it too easy for Town. Town has played well so far and deserves to be facing all the skill and grit that you can summon.
Please don't encourage scum. :p ;D

Carradice: TOWN: Keep your head cool! Seriously. Town knows so much (because of good tactical decisions and the success of keeping an IC alive, etc) that by playing it safe, success is very close. Just keep it cool.
Eh, I feel it was more luck....at least in my case.....I only found Yog due to RNG choice(I had a few choices at the time, and he was one of them), and with how "subtle" I was in breadcrumbing i'm shocked I wasn't taken out earlier. o.0

(Maybe our bodyguard protected me? If so then he has my thanks)
=======================================================================

ConsulCaesar: Kudos to GR for another investigation and to whoever stopped the night kill.
No problemo....though to be clear it'll be the last one....all my precious "monoculars" are now kaput/gone. :\

ConsulCaesar: And a final thought: whoever was responsible for SPF's death N2, consider if claiming will clear another townie. If you are a redirector you know who the mafia tried to kill N2 (which could clear even another non-scum). If you are a vigilante and you are not counterclaimed, you can also prove yourself. However, if for any reason your claim will not clear anybody new or adds more risk than benefit, stay hidden.
Good points, though I think they should stay hidden unless doing so would help us immensely. :)
=======================================================

JoeSapphire: I know there's no way of proving it, but I wrote the first vote before yogsloth self-voted, faffed around with the rest of my post, then unvoted after yogsloth self-voted because I didn't understand what it meant.
Dude, Yog clearly said to read the SCUM CHAT at end of game, and the self voted AFTER I made my posts essentially nailing him to the wall....how hard would that be to figure out? o.0

=======================================================

To all: Done for now....am willing to wait until Monday or so to cast a vote and give time to Carradice to make their lists and charts and whatnot. What say you all on this....is everyone else willing to do this or no? And why? All thoughts and input arr appreciated. :)

Vote Count

trent 2 - Pooka, Lift
Pooka 2 - trent, Joe

Not voting - Carradice, GameRager, Caesar, Micro, joppo, agent

10 Players. Takes 6 to lynch.
Post edited February 23, 2020 by ZFR
ZFR: 10 Players. Takes 6 to lynch.
BTW while yer here: When does D4 end in IRL time? Thanks in advance.
D4 will end Friday afternoon/evening UTC.
I reread some of my last post and don't recall what i was thinking, but i fell asleep while making it, so....

my chart
me = 0
GR = 0
Agent = 0
Carradice = 0.1

Trent = 0.8
Lift = 0.3
Joe = 0.7 (vote hopping being among primary reasons)
Caesar = 0.6
Joppo = 0.5
Pooka = 0.8

might tweak this a bit before EOD, but am busy IRL today & tomorrow AM (through 7 PM UTC)

dus driver if present should prob not claim unless he knows one of the non-lock!town was targeted. then we have to choose to believe him (clearing two town) or not.

random musing: a scum busdriver would be amusingly useless, right?

laters! have yourselves a great weekend!
This cold is doing some great work reducing me to a bedridden Pooka with stuff like coughing, sore throat, lots of mucus, unstable temperature, ruined sleep and hunger. Made worse by the fact that I did go to the interview but was underdressed, so the cold air finished me off.

But hey, I have a job now. Let's hope I can do well with the managers enough to get a five day work week instead of six day, they seemed easygoing people so I might just love the work place. We'll see.

Back on topic.
Alternatively, Pooka's messed up on stress and cold and lack of sleep and doesn't know what he's saying. That's a less exciting interpretation.
Let me explain it better. From where I am standing, there seems to be hints of Night 0 shenanigans what's with yogsloth's code. Trent is aaserting there isn't a night because barely any games used it. So while I approach it from "huh, there might be a night 0," his approach is "nope, don't even count on it."

Now it gets even better with him saying that he'd rather have yogs win if I'm Town. This is all sorts of yikes. So your disagreement with one player means you'd rather all of Town lose? I'd rather have his flip even if I was lynched today, and put the issue of yogs+trent to rest.
Microfish_1: I reread some of my last post and don't recall what i was thinking, but i fell asleep while making it, so....
You also fall asleep while online/at your PC sometimes? What a small world. :)

Microfish_1: dus driver if present should prob not claim unless he knows one of the non-lock!town was targeted. then we have to choose to believe him (clearing two town) or not.
Agreed, also LOL@ DUS driver. :D

Microfish_1: laters! have yourselves a great weekend!
U 2! :)
PookaMustard: This cold is doing some great work reducing me to a bedridden Pooka with stuff like coughing, sore throat, lots of mucus, unstable temperature, ruined sleep and hunger.
As said before, I have had similar & somewhat recently.....plus tooth/gum pain(abscess/etc) and a headache....so I can sympathize(especially on the lack of sleep part).

When it happened I took sleeping/pain meds and such, and had 3 choices: Use the semi-pain free time to try to sleep, eat, or post to the game on GOG. :\

PookaMustard: Made worse by the fact that I did go to the interview but was underdressed, so the cold air finished me off.
So yer a GHOST then? Spoopy. o.0

PookaMustard: But hey, I have a job now. Let's hope I can do well with the managers enough to get a five day work week instead of six day, they seemed easygoing people so I might just love the work place. We'll see.
I find it "funny"(interesting type of funny) that you got the job when you're more out of it due to being sick than when you were less so....maybe you should make a note of it and write a book on it to sell to potential job seekers?

Call it "(Barely) Dressed for Success: The Pooka Way", maybe. :D

PookaMustard: Now it gets even better with him saying that he'd rather have yogs win if I'm Town. This is all sorts of yikes. So your disagreement with one player means you'd rather all of Town lose? I'd rather have his flip even if I was lynched today, and put the issue of yogs+trent to rest.
You make a strong case...to be honest either of you seem a viable lynch(as you've both been going at it so much).....hmm, what to do, what to do.
PookaMustard: This cold is doing some great work reducing me to a bedridden Pooka with stuff like coughing, sore throat, lots of mucus, unstable temperature, ruined sleep and hunger.
GameRager: As said before, I have had similar & somewhat recently.....plus tooth/gum pain(abscess/etc) and a headache....so I can sympathize(especially on the lack of sleep part).

When it happened I took sleeping/pain meds and such, and had 3 choices: Use the semi-pain free time to try to sleep, eat, or post to the game on GOG. :\

PookaMustard: Made worse by the fact that I did go to the interview but was underdressed, so the cold air finished me off.
GameRager: So yer a GHOST then? Spoopy. o.0

PookaMustard: But hey, I have a job now. Let's hope I can do well with the managers enough to get a five day work week instead of six day, they seemed easygoing people so I might just love the work place. We'll see.
GameRager: I find it "funny"(interesting type of funny) that you got the job when you're more out of it due to being sick than when you were less so....maybe you should make a note of it and write a book on it to sell to potential job seekers?

Call it "(Barely) Dressed for Success: The Pooka Way", maybe. :D

PookaMustard: Now it gets even better with him saying that he'd rather have yogs win if I'm Town. This is all sorts of yikes. So your disagreement with one player means you'd rather all of Town lose? I'd rather have his flip even if I was lynched today, and put the issue of yogs+trent to rest.
GameRager: You make a strong case...to be honest either of you seem a viable lynch(as you've both been going at it so much).....hmm, what to do, what to do.
All this prater Pooka continues with is nothing but a distraction. Lynch me today, it’s obvious most people will not be able to get past feeling my play as being viewed as scummy. I’ll 100% flip Town, then y’all can proceed with lynching Pooka as he tries to save himself with as I can imagine “well trent was acting so anti town he deserved to be lynched just so we could actually work together to figure this out without him distracting us” or something along those lines. Whatever he starts spouting to wiggle his way out of being the scum he is just ignore him and lynch him.
trentonlf: All this prater Pooka continues with is nothing but a distraction. Lynch me today, it’s obvious most people will not be able to get past feeling my play as being viewed as scummy. I’ll 100% flip Town, then y’all can proceed with lynching Pooka as he tries to save himself with as I can imagine “well trent was acting so anti town he deserved to be lynched just so we could actually work together to figure this out without him distracting us” or something along those lines. Whatever he starts spouting to wiggle his way out of being the scum he is just ignore him and lynch him.
Question: If we choose to lynch both of you in turn, what's the difference between lynching Pooka then focusing on you vs the other way around?

If town, wouldn't you want Pooka to be lynched first to help us save a potential town(i.e. you)?

Thought: what if yer a third party who wins if they get lynched(is that a thing in mafia games at all?). o.0