It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Microfish_1: Y'know, looking back, Agent used the british spelling of "neighbor." Hmm. I had only seen the red squiggly line for "neighbourizer" as being tagged as misspelled because of the "izer" part, not the "neighbour" part. (Apologies to Brits & other UK-dwellers/speakers; blame my browser which is set for English US)
I'm Canadian. We use proper English here. There should always be a "u" in neighbour.

yogsloth: Hi everyone, currently hang-gliding over the Amazon, hunting penguins. Will play later when I have time to do all the stuff that I need to stuff.
I just wanted to quote this for posterity.

Also, I was going to ridicule you for claiming to be hunting penguins in the Amazon, but... TIL.

Carradice: Ben being a one-shot neighbouriser
Ben?

JoeSapphire: Yogsloth sulked because he was being scum-read by four people. Those who know yogsloth better than I do: help me out. It's not what I expect from his persona - I'd expect something more gung-ho laughing in the face of danger. Is town yogsloth more likely to sulk (or appear to sulk?) or scumsloth?
Sounds about right for perma-Town yogsloth.

GameRager: Lol(I nearly spit out my drink), and good point....both posts above yours COULD be scum trying to ditch from giving reads/etc....will keep that in mind as well.
No. Please no. I've been on the receiving end of flak for my RL issues. I must respectfully insist that we give both of them all the benefit of the doubt. Same goes for Snowflake.

yogsloth: <ping>
Have you changed your mind on the veracity of Micro's claim?
agentcarr16: No. Please no. I've been on the receiving end of flak for my RL issues. I must respectfully insist that we give both of them all the benefit of the doubt. Same goes for Snowflake.
I was mainly saying we shouldn't discount the fact that either(Lift or SPF) could've been(but likely weren't) a scum ploy to buy time or not have to post much, and was only partially serious that we should see such as possible scum tells.

Also YES, IRL comes first and such posts should usually be believed to be as such, but(imo) town players should also be aware that scum COULD use such to their advantage & town players should read people accordingly if they go too long without posting. That means, YES, give them some benefit of the doubt as needed, but not a free pass for the entire game....especially players that might do so without explanation for large chunks of the game.....imo that would set that stance(be nice to IRL issues) up to possibly be exploited by enterprising scum in some cases

Of course the above doesn't apply(imo) to Flocke as much. He has not posted much(around a post every few days or so), and even in his latest post he couldn't seemingly spare 2 extra minutes to post a brief reads list?

Maybe he might have IRL issues, but i'm not buying it as much in this case.....also if he has such issues why hasn't he posted what they are so we know or(if need be) had himself subbed out if he cannot post to the game frequently enough(The last post was just him stating the number of posts was overwhelming then heading off, essentially)?
Ok, as of right now no interest in a yogs, agent, or Joe lynch.

Would gladly lynch Micro, Lift, Pooka, FlockeSchnee, or ConsulCaesar

Now Joe I’ve moved over to the no interest in lynching pile because even though he’s joking as he always does as scum or Town he does it more as scum from what I can remember and he’s continued to question little things that I think as scum he would let slide.

As for Micro, I still don’t like his claim as it’s way too convenient a claim for someone to hide behind and look Town after they’ve been put under pressure to claim. Like I said before his claim has credence as it’s listed on the Mafia Wiki as a possible variant, but the name really doesn’t fit the role IMO. Now if there was a Wayward Son role I could see it, but Innocent Child is a stretch because Percy was nowhere near innocent. I still say he’s probably a Neutral Survivor.

All of my reads are based mainly on gut feelings and I could have it all wrong as I often do, but I think I’m more right than wrong in my reads.
trentonlf: Would gladly lynch Micro, Lift, Pooka, FlockeSchnee, or ConsulCaesar
Well you could always join us on the Flocke wagon if they don't post much more in the next day or so, if you want.

Also to you/everyone else as well: Yeah, there is a small chance Flocke might be town, but even if they are...they post so little and with such little to "dig into" and analyze that it's likely we wouldn't be losing much even if Flocke turned out to be town.
sitting here trying to decide if this is scum GR "lets lunch a player who will be posting analysis tomorrow which might expose me/us"
bored GR trying to go for an easy lunch
or town GR thinking Flocke is scum.

Would lunch Caesar, Yogs, Pooka, GR, or Flocke.
Carradice: @Pooka: On Percy, here goes a minority report =)

In 'the books' Percy was what they call a high achiever. Brilliant and hard working. Great grades. Deadly serious and responsible, too. Strong believer in rules. Trusted with the position of Prefect (trustees who police the student body, basically), then Head Boy in his last year. This means, head of the the Prefects and a model student. His younger brother Ron felt overshadowed by him, and critizised his lack of humour.

Entering the Ministry, appeared the logical step for him, even when, eventually, his family feared he was being manipulated. In the last act, when confronted with the reality, he swiftly came to help the good guys and proves that he is a great guy at heart.

So, a role that proves that he is a good guy as late as Day 4... The shoe fits.
Huh. If you put it like that a 'last minute innocent child' does actually fit Percy. I saw his going to the ministry and against his family as treason. But you're right. He comes around in the last minute.

Trent is actually right in his reply to me: names are mentioned as having a bearing on the role and he did exempt those from his 'flavour has no bearing on role' admonishment to me previously. So he wasn't contradicting himself.

@trent: what do you think now of the claim now, with this spin to it? Sure, the role name 'innocent' doesn't fit. But the mechanics of a role that gets proven in the late game, those do fit.

I agree, a D4 innocent child is still hard to swallow. But I say there is enough reasonable doubt now to let Micro live for at least one more night. Maybe we'll know more about him tomorrow. I hope we do, because by now his alignment is linked to yogs and trent. Both very heavily pushed against him. Especially Yogs dealing in absolutes that he knows aren't valid in Mafia.

Microfish_1: Will respond to Lift later, as I don't have time to think now, but just reading-for-fun atm.
Will that response still come?

Summary: Flocke did appear. But still just promised that he would write something meaningful later. Just like in his previous posts. @Flocke: promises aren't going to cut it at this point. You'll need to contribute and you'll need to reply.

Would lynch: Flocke, Consul, yogs, agent (neighborizing doesn't make him Town) and maybe Pooka for a leftover feeling of offness or Joe. Joe is by far not as active as he was in the past. He used to be a 'listen to me goddammit'-Townie. He seems much less invested and prone to go for opportune targets.

@Joe: where is that fighter for good an truth who showed such tenacity in the past, when I was scum?
Microfish_1: sitting here trying to decide if this is scum GR "lets lunch a player who will be posting analysis tomorrow which might expose me/us"
bored GR trying to go for an easy lunch
or town GR thinking Flocke is scum.
Tbh it's a mixture of the last two PLUS wanting to give the town veterans that wagon so they can analyze it and put their money where their mouth is(and use the info to find scum).

As for the first thing: I think Flocke should get a chance to defend themselves, and if need be i'll give them said chance(by unvoting for a bit) if they get right next to hammer and haven't posted yet in the next 12-24 hours.

Of course at some point we have to cut our losses.....we've given Flocke a ton of chances to make their case/give reads/make posts in general & Flocke hasn't posted much of anything except the required 1 post or so every few days.

Yes, IRL comes first, but if someone cannot even be bothered to post much beyond the minimum needed for a game due to IRL duties/issues then why would they continue playing at that point & not ask for a sub(if needed)?

It's due to all this/the stuff I posted before/the fact that Flocke hasn't listed what is keeping them to such minimal posting(or asked for a sub) that I think it's more likely Flocke is possible scum...though, as I said before, I am willing to give them 1 last shot to prove themselves(not scum AND a useful town player).....but at some point we have to make a choice: either keep a possible scum(or lackluster town player) in play or lynch them(either due to Flocke being scum, as I suspect, or a minimally contributing/playing town player).
==============================================================================

Lifthrasil: I agree, a D4 innocent child is still hard to swallow. But I say there is enough reasonable doubt now to let Micro live for at least one more night. Maybe we'll know more about him tomorrow. I hope we do, because by now his alignment is linked to yogs and trent. Both very heavily pushed against him. Especially Yogs dealing in absolutes that he knows aren't valid in Mafia.
Maybe we will.....or maybe we'll find out about Yog or Flocke....all of them are in need of being looked into, imo.

Lifthrasil: Summary: Flocke did appear. But still just promised that he would write something meaningful later. Just like in his previous posts. @Flocke: promises aren't going to cut it at this point. You'll need to contribute and you'll need to reply.
Agreed....I am willing to help keep him from lynch for the next 12-24 hours to give them one last chance, if need be, though....but that's about the limit of my patience. o.0
yogsloth: <ping>
agentcarr16: Have you changed your mind on the veracity of Micro's claim?
No. I mean... it's conceivable ZFR would actually write up that role, I guess? But no, it's still too far a cry for me to buy.

I'll happily switch back to micro if we can get that to roll, but at this point, they've both probably got to go.
Microfish_1: Would lunch Caesar, Yogs, Pooka, GR, or Flocke.
Oh, you would lynch Flocke, would you?

Because you haven’t mentioned him.

In fact, this is the last time you mentioned him at all:

Microfish_1: 5. FlockeSchnee 0.45 (maybe a bit of anti-OMGUS here; not sure)
Where you’re giving him a town read (Carradice value < 0.5)

Unvotus FlockSchnee

Votus microfish

Again, just because I need to be able to see this in order to process it:

Flocke 4 - joppo, Lift, Joe, GameRager
Micro 4 - agent, trent, Caesar, yogsloth
yogs 1 - Micro

Not voting - SPF, FlockeSchnee, Carradice, Pooka

13 Players. Takes 7 to lynch.

NOTE that GameRager "unvoted" microfish, despite having already done so days ago.
Right, is the deadline monday? I see everyone is listing who they'd be willing to vote.

I'd be willing to vote for FlockeSchnee if they've not come back in much of a meaningful way by Monday, but at the moment I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

I'm still not really convinced about Micro, would lunch. In fact

Votus potus Microfish(d)

Seems a few people are listing Pooka and Caesar as would-lynches. I'm not sure I see what they're seeing to be honest.
How long to the deadline?

I still don't trust Micro but in order to avoid no-lynch I'd consider switching to FlockeSchnee if he keeps stalling.
Carradice: @ConsulCaesar: About people voting unusually, some are more 'fire and blood', targeting as many as eight suspects (@joppo, @Lift), while others appear more focused (@yogsloth, @Carradice), but that is to be expected. Also, yes, you noticed the idea is considering how different scenarios would likely implicate different distribution of scum.
So... we need at least one of them dead (and then alignment-confirmed) to be able to start drawing conclusions?

Microfish_1: Would lunch Caesar, Yogs, Pooka, GR, or Flocke.
yogsloth: Oh, you would lynch Flocke, would you?

Because you haven’t mentioned him.

In fact, this is the last time you mentioned him at all:

Microfish_1: 5. FlockeSchnee 0.45 (maybe a bit of anti-OMGUS here; not sure)
yogsloth: Where you’re giving him a town read (Carradice value < 0.5)
Good point against Micro. Of course, giving someone a 0.45 (as opposed to 0.5) is not exactly making a strong stance... but it's "leaning town" nonetheless.
Vote Count

Micro 5 - agent, trent, Caesar, yogs, SirPrimalform
Flocke 4 - joppo, Lift, Joe, GameRager
yogs 1 - Micro

Everyone else - 0
Not voting - Flocke, Carradice, Pooka

13 Players. Takes 7 to lynch.

Micro is closest at L-2

When you see a vote count, please take a moment to make sure your name is against the correct person.
We still can't take our thoughts off microfish, eh?

The scum would want a Day-Four-Innocent-Child dead because confirmed-town become powerful if the number of scum dwindle.
So they would have to eventually kill microfish themself if he does, indeed, become confirmed in two Days (unless we manage to not kill enough scum to get to endgame).
So honest-microfish being alive is good.

Dishonest microfish being alive isn't too much of a problem: When Day 4 comes round he gets lynched.
The problem is if he's got an extra-powerful scum role that he's just trying to get two more days use out of.

But I think, looking at it so, the rewards outway the risks.

You disagree?

Lifthrasil: @Joe: where is that fighter for good an truth who showed such tenacity in the past, when I was scum?
He's busy putting on plays and hosting guests and moving house! I mentioned a few times this is a tough week!
ConsulCaesar: How long to the deadline?
Monday evening Europe