It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LMFAO

An innocent child that can't claim until Day 4

In a 14 player game

LOLOLOLOL
Retyped to underline as well as bolding

Claim: I go by the name of Percy Weasley, of the House Gryffindor, and my résumé states that I am a Townie D4 Innocent Child.
======================================
BREADCRUMBS:

465 PERCY

502 WEASLEY PERCY I C D FOR

223 IC IC Innocent kids

Microfish_1: Plenty of people condemned me for the second half, despite my stating "no one is going to give me an answer" when I asked the question and later (6 times now?) stating my thinking by saying that was acknowledgement that no thinking or experienced mafia player would answer this aloud. Even was in part a trap for those who weren't thinking, and nobody fell in. Repeating: for the umpteenth time, I...

Concerning the platitude that "we can't be sure of anyone" there was a discussion (I think you took part in it yourself) about townclearing people and how sometimes this is done without sufficient proof to the detriment of town. Yet it bears repeating and my comment was merely a reminder of this and an acknowledgement that I fall into this trap myself.
P E R C Y

Microfish_1: Well, thank you. Err, while I still know I am a bad lunch, I am very glad for the answer. And I fully understand why you acted as you did; I have done similar before. :D

So, I don't think you are nuts at all :D Let me tell you something--I can see that you're learning over the course of toDay (D1)! Everyone learns over time. Yes, I was bad in my first game until I stumbled across something, and the mental strain that search caused made me take a more relaxed approach since than, leading to me being a worse player, but having a better time.

Please--speaking from my personal experience--no matter what you feel like after this game, continue playing with us, and don't bin GOG forum mafia if you happen to find this first game harder than you enjoy. Every game will get easier, and you will learn more and more with each game! Right now, I am still learning, despite this being my 5th or 6th game.
Confidentially, I'm still nowhere near good, so don't feel bad if you don't think you're as good as some of the others--I know I'm not and I still have fun at this. (Yes, the "blue in the shirt" thing was a joke inspired by the shirt I currently am wearing.)
W E A S L E Y
P E R C Y

Microfish_1: I'm willing to vote Caesar to avoid a Micro!lunch or NL. Currently, I think Caesar isn't 100% scum so much as 3rd party (anti- or pro- town). Definitely, I prefer D1 courtesy, but there comes a time to drop it, if necessary. For after all...
I C D For = Innocent Child, Day 4

Microfish_1: @GR re ketchup pic: IC, IC. kid these days. so young and untarnished. no mustard >:(
Note: Why are you surprised? This is ZFR's game, with an epic modifier on the cop, so Yog's unbelief strikes me as further proof of his being anti-town. :(

The mafia wiki states
The traditional Innocent Child is mod-confirmed as Town-aligned from the start of the game, although this has begun to fall out of favour as it can be a bit boring for a player in this situation.

A more common variant of the Innocent Child is not confirmed as Town-aligned until they send the moderator a PM telling them to do so. Thus, they can stay "undercover" until they need their innocence to be proven. This variant can be seen as an Activated Innocent Child, although note that most moderators will allow it to be activated during a Day phase (something which is normally omitted from Activated roles as it makes no sense with most), something that's required for this variant of the role to be Normal.

It is also feasible to have an Innocent Child that is automatically revealed by the moderator at a certain point in the game (e.g. "If you are alive on Day 5, the moderator will publicly confirm your alignment.") This can be seen as a Night-Specific variant of Innocent Child.
In this case, ZFR stated he would confirm me if I live to D4. (I hope this statement won't get me modkilled).
Hey hey wait guys, wait

I'm NEUTRAL BULLETPROOF BERZERKER

no no no wait, hang on,

I'm TOWN ARSONIST

wait wait wait, where's adalia, I need his help here lolol

I know microfish didn't think that one up on his own, so one of you GOG veterans is in scumchat with him
adalia used to play this game? :O
if you are scum as i think you are you know this is bogus

yogsloth: snip
NOTE: I POSTED THOSE BREADCRUMBS D1. 3 posts after i started playing. Before N1. How could I have been coached to make that claim?
Microfish_1: NOTE: I POSTED THOSE BREADCRUMBS D1. 3 posts after i started playing. Before N1. How could I have been coached to make that claim?
That's actually sort of a reasonable point

How experienced are you in GOG mafia again?
Microfish_1: Claim:

I go by the name of Percy Weasley, of the House Gryffindor, and my résumé states that I am a Townie D4 Innocent Child.

There you have it. For good or ill, those are the ones i prepared and you can take them for what they are worth.
I admit that 223 is the weakest, but I was tired and couldn't think of a word beginning with "C" that could start a sentence and not be a player's name or other proper noun.

Not a PR that is worth a NK, and I really hope RW didn't protect me, as that would have been a waste--he's much better than me and my PR is not very strong until D4.
Hmm.....your crumbs seem somewhat "tasty" enough, but if I read the mafia wiki right you cannot verify via OP until D4....that correct?

Hmm, if I decide to place you there that'd make 2 I now see as most likely town(including agent).

Also it would seem that Pooka's Role Madness theory might ring true(so many PRs).

Microfish_1: I forgot to delineate I was taking to everyone, not specifically to you...though everything is kinda to everyone...
I tend to assume everything in the nature of a claim in this game might be a lie until i find out otherwise or see proof to the contrary, such as breadcrumbing early on--you have to decide if my BCs are lies i prepared since very early on (basically as soon as i started playing (post 223, started playing 162 and made my first BC in my 3rd post as a player)
Fair enough & I am thinking on your claims atm as we "speak" here itt.

Microfish_1: Scum would go after a safe bet who wouldn't suspect them--but they wouldn't go for the only one who vocally said they were town, as they would need that vote later on. Consider the game where Pooka pocketed me and we lost both of our docs in one night. IIRC, wihtout looking, he wanted to not go for me, because I was in his pocket, but for a nuetral who didn't overly suspect them, but who also didn't support them.
Also fair points....will think on this as well.

Microfish_1: TYPO that I'm glad you caught.

and, in context, I think you see that I clearly substituted cop for "town", especially with the "ahp" sound at the end of the quoted line "full stop". Yeah, I should have proofread it more. :/
It happens.
==========================================================

yogsloth: LMFAO

An innocent child that can't claim until Day 4

In a 14 player game

LOLOLOLOL
if you're town then you should at least consider it, especially seeing as we have had 1 confirmed PR with what modifiers already and agent claimed another.

Pooka might indeed be right....this might be 'Role Madness'.
=============================================================

@Yog re: Post 708: You're only making yourself look more suspect by tossing aside Micro's claims so easily...you KNOW that, right?
GameRager: @Yog re: Post 708: You're only making yourself look more suspect by tossing aside Micro's claims so easily...you KNOW that, right?
Dude, I've never heard of an IC that couldn't actually fire until Day 4

In a game this small, there would hardly be anybody left Day 4

It's a role claim that's indisputable, un-counterable, un-investigatable, and tailor-made for scum to hide in

You couldn't come up with a sillier claim that's more obviously bogus

I mean, the two scum fake claims I listed above *both actually worked* in GOG games years ago, so you never know

Would ZFR really, truly, make a role that utterly absurd
First off, I posted around when you posted post 710, which made me lean you back a bit more towards town...that said:

yogsloth: Dude, I've never heard of an IC that couldn't actually fire until Day 4

In a game this small, there would hardly be anybody left Day 4
Eh, it ssems to me many of the PRs/stated PRs have limited use or seem not so good.....agent's neighborizer claim(which I think is likey to ring true, but will wait a bit for carradice to verify to be 100% sure), Rwarehall's bodyguard PR being compulsive, etc.

yogsloth: It's a role claim that's indisputable, un-counterable, un-investigatable, and tailor-made for scum to hide in
Unless another town is percy weasley and counters his claim effectively(thus proving him a liar), or perhaps the town cop looks into him on N2(if possible, and thus finding out if he's scum or town).

yogsloth: You couldn't come up with a sillier claim that's more obviously bogus

I mean, the two scum fake claims I listed above *both actually worked* in GOG games years ago, so you never know

I think ZFR might, given the Rwarehall info and the claims by a few other so far....but who knows, I might be wrong. I still think i'm more likely right on this, though.
If ZFR put a Town role that ridiculous into this game, I want my money back
yogsloth: That's actually sort of a reasonable point

How experienced are you in GOG mafia again?
My first game ever was game 57. I played in games 57-61, and ignored a game on discord.

Also, those roles might be interesting in a future game.

GameRager: 1. Hmm.....your crumbs seem somewhat "tasty" enough, but if I read the mafia wiki right you cannot verify via OP until D4....that correct?

2. Hmm, if I decide to place you there that'd make 2 I now see as most likely town(including agent).

3. Also it would seem that Pooka's Role Madness theory might ring true(so many PRs).

4. Fair enough & I am thinking on your claims atm as we "speak" here itt.

5. Also fair points....will think on this as well.

6. It happens.
==========================================================

7. if you're town then you should at least consider it, especially seeing as we have had 1 confirmed PR with what modifiers already and agent claimed another.

8. Pooka might indeed be right....this might be 'Role Madness'.
=============================================================

9. @Yog re: Post 708: You're only making yourself look more suspect by tossing aside Micro's claims so easily...you KNOW that, right?
1. Correct. In this case the actual paraphrased wording was that ZFR would auto-confirm me on D4, if I'm still in the game.
I wonder, if I flip, will my role not show until D4? That'd be wild :D

@ZFR consider doing this, please; or at least a reminder in D4's opening flavour?

2. As neighborizor is NAI, I'm waiting to see if Carradice backs him up. Also, while Neighborizor is usually town, I've been in enough so-called b------ games to discount entirely the theory that Agent might be scum.

3. 3 Confirmed PRs out of three claimed/flipped players. 4, if one of Yog's joke claims were true.

4. ITT?

5. Truth as I know and reason it to be. Doing otherwise seems highly unwise, to say the least.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>@everyone NOTE as clarification:
When I said such and so play was foolish in the extreme, stupid, dumb play, etc, (#689 Point H.) I was not calling the player who made those actions, if any, those words. I would not ever wish to do so. If I offended by those words, I apologize. I was attempting to state that the actions were "adjectives for unwise" as regards to this game, not the player(s) themselves.

7. 2 confirmed PRs, one with modifiers, another claimed PR with modifier.
Y'know, looking back, Agent used the british spelling of "neighbor." Hmm. I had only seen the red squiggly line for "neighbourizer" as being tagged as misspelled because of the "izer" part, not the "neighbour" part. (Apologies to Brits & other UK-dwellers/speakers; blame my browser which is set for English US)
yogsloth: If ZFR put a Town role that ridiculous into this game, I want my money back
But you didn't pay any money ;)
========================================================

Microfish_1: 1. Correct. In this case the actual paraphrased wording was that ZFR would auto-confirm me on D4, if I'm still in the game.
I wonder, if I flip, will my role not show until D4? That'd be wild :D
It would, but he'd likely list your alignment right off the bat if you got lynched or NKd, I think.

Microfish_1: 2. As neighborizor is NAI, I'm waiting to see if Carradice backs him up. Also, while Neighborizor is usually town, I've been in enough so-called b------ games to discount entirely the theory that Agent might be scum.
If Carradice is town he likely will, but if scum(rare imo) then he might either reveal agent to be town for town points and to keep agent in the game to leech info from him, or not reveal agent to be town and get rid of a town player easily via a possible lynch........we will see.

Microfish_1: 3. 3 Confirmed PRs out of three claimed/flipped players. 4, if one of Yog's joke claims were true.
You mean 1 confirmed/flipped PR.....while I believe agent's claim for the most part now & you somewhat as well atm, only 1 has been hard confirmed of the 3(i.e. Rwarehall) so far.

Microfish_1: 4. ITT?
In this thread :)
yogsloth: In a game this small, there would hardly be anybody left Day 4

It's a role claim that's indisputable, un-counterable, un-investigatable, and tailor-made for scum to hide in

You couldn't come up with a sillier claim that's more obviously bogus

Au contraire
Microfish_1: If we don't vote [on d1 but do on successive days], we are 14D1, 13D2, 11D3, 9D4, 7D5, which--if we have yet to hit scum--leaves us at 4-3 and MYLO/LYLO (i forget which atm and can't be bothered to check).
If we have a SK, all bets are off and we lose by 14D1, 11D2, 8D3, 5 & lost by D4.
also, i don't choose to announce it, ZFR auto-announces it. :O

At least one of the games I was in had absolutely absurd combos. E.g. Joe in Game 57, Post 1048 made a Naive TRex (Fran), naive Regular Lift actually had a power, and there was a Loud Ninja (Scene).

EBWOP:
Microfish_1: 7. 2 confirmed PRs, one with modifiers, another claimed PR with modifier.
I forgot that RW had a modifier, so this should read "1 confirmed PRs with modifiers, two others claimed PR with modifier."

yogsloth: If ZFR put a Town role that ridiculous into this game, I want my money back
You didn't pay anything, so would you have to give some money up first in order for it to be refunded? j/k :D
I really look forward to a scum reaching L-1 and making a claim where everyone says "oh hey, nope, I don't believe that one"

I realize I'm pretty much just insanely doubling down here

but (thank you by the way for answering) microfish has been around GOG mafia long enough to have seen how we like to make outrageous fake claims here, and this is a damn masterpiece

Especially if it gets him out of a lynch

But yeah boys and girls... I just can't... I just can't be like "oh hey, that role claim is totally believable and totally clears him as Town, brah"

Occam's Razor

I believe in it
yogsloth: I really look forward to a scum reaching L-1 and making a claim where everyone says "oh hey, nope, I don't believe that one"

I realize I'm pretty much just insanely doubling down here

but (thank you by the way for answering) microfish has been around GOG mafia long enough to have seen how we like to make outrageous fake claims here, and this is a damn masterpiece

Especially if it gets him out of a lynch

But yeah boys and girls... I just can't... I just can't be like "oh hey, that role claim is totally believable and totally clears him as Town, brah"

Occam's Razor

I believe in it
Like Scene did in 57? It was my first game and I knew something was off about it. It was so bad that I think even HSL (scene's teammate) called/voted him.

I appreciate the compliment, especially if it were I who had thought it up. Instead, kudos to @ZFR. :D
(Also, you're welcome.)

You believe in Occams Razor or my quote? :D
Microfish_1: I forgot that RW had a modifier, so this should read "1 confirmed PRs with modifiers, two others claimed PR with modifier."
I figured that's what you meant & yeah that's how it is so far.

Microfish_1: You didn't pay anything, so would you have to give some money up first in order for it to be refunded? j/k :D
Check Post 716....seems grate mindz think alike. :D
========================================================

yogsloth: But yeah boys and girls... I just can't... I just can't be like "oh hey, that role claim is totally believable and totally clears him as Town, brah"
And(as town) one doesn't discount a claim with possible breadcrumbs(such as the ones Micro seems to have made) so easily either.

yogsloth: Occam's Razor

I believe in it
You might be right, or you might be a focused town seeing one player specifically as scum due to how you play....or even a scum yourself. All are plausible to varying degrees.

Yet you stick to one possible answer and toss aside all others, seemingly, in regards to this.