It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Clownski_: to make sure such cases are handled better in the future
Maybe you considered this, but I noticed that the goodies packs don't have a game and can be hidden so I wonder if something as simple as adding a short text file as an extra that describes what the DLC is would be enough to allow it to be hidden, as a temporary measure. Or some actual goodies, although that would look even more like marketing.
AWG43: Contact the support (and be persistent) if you want this item to be removed from your library. It worked for me.
That has worked for me in the past but when it's an issue affecting so many users, it doesn't seem very efficient. Say that 1,000 people here are bothered enough by this issue to contact support (and to deal with the chatbot)...1,000 support tickets/threads need to be generated? I'm hoping that they find a way to fix this so the title can be marked hidden at minimum.
Has anybody here been able to successfully scrub this shit off their library? Were any of the support requests answered?

Clownski_: An update regarding the "hide" option for the DLC in question: since it involves modifying a rather complex system (not just the "hide" mechanism, but the general structure of the library), the team will need a little more time to research this case and make sure we can implement a change without some core aspects breaking. No ETA for now but we'll do our best to make sure it happens soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I don't believe you. Everybody here knows perfectly well that this website is being held together by chewing gum and you effectively can't fix anything without breaking a million other things, so the lie sounds just credible enough. However, I think it's an obvious ploy to push sales, the Hide Game buttons were disabled on purpose (because, hey, what fun would unsolicited, intrusive ads be if you could just click past that crap?) and all it would take is to flip a switch to turn them on again.

Either way, it's not doing my resolve to buy Hard West 2 any time soon (or ever) any favors...
fronzelneekburm: Has anybody here been able to successfully scrub this shit off their library? Were any of the support requests answered?
After a lot of back and forth over email after opening a ticket, a GOG support staff member kindly removed this from my account.

It's a fix for me, but not a fix for the wider problem so I am still looking to see this resolved the right way.
Post edited October 29, 2022 by lupineshadow
lupineshadow: After a lot of back and forth over email after opening a ticket, a GOG support staff member kindly removed this from my account.

It's a fix for me, but not a fix for the wider problem so I am still looking to see this resolved the right way.
Thanks for the info! Props to them for ultimately getting rid of it for you, I suppose, buy why was there a lot of back and forth involved? It sounds like a pretty straightforward request...
fronzelneekburm: Thanks for the info! Props to them for ultimately getting rid of it for you, I suppose, buy why was there a lot of back and forth involved? It sounds like a pretty straightforward request...
Mainly because the ticket system kept trying to close the ticket "We think your problem has been resolved" even though the actual replies were "We can't give you an ETA on when this will be resolved".

As AWG43 said, maybe persistence is required as well to convince GOG that this is a real problem and not something they can bullshit their way past?
Post edited October 29, 2022 by lupineshadow
high rated
fronzelneekburm: I don't believe you.
You don't have to. It doesn't change a fact that it's not a "marketing ploy" as some of you assume, and it is an issue that our IT is currently working on. Please don't spread misinformation.
I am actively following the progress of developing a fix and, as stated before, I will let everyone know once it's done.
Post edited October 29, 2022 by Clownski_
If I open a ticket and ask support to remove the first game from my account, what do you think is going to happen first? Them removing the first game from my account or giving us the option to hide the DLC?

It's probably option A.
fronzelneekburm: I don't believe you.
Clownski_: You don't have to. It doesn't change a fact that it's not a "marketing ploy" as some of you assume, and it is an issue that our IT is currently working on. Please don't spread misinformation.
I am actively following the progress of developing a fix and, as stated before, I will let everyone know once it's done.
Two weeks and a solution has yet to be offered. Surely you could offer to remove the title for all interested users since it was foisted upon us to begin with.
Clownski_: An update regarding the "hide" option for the DLC in question: since it involves modifying a rather complex system (not just the "hide" mechanism, but the general structure of the library), the team will need a little more time to research this case and make sure we can implement a change without some core aspects breaking. No ETA for now but we'll do our best to make sure it happens soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Some observation on the new development in regard to the "hide game" option.
Now the option isn't greyed out anymore (yeah!), but clicking on "hide game" doesn't do anything at all (meh!).
So, something is happening behind the scenes...just not to the extent we're hoping for...
Attachments:
Post edited November 02, 2022 by BreOl72
Personally, I think it's a very pretty box.

I like it, sitting there on my shelf, gently, ever gently, taunting me with its Schrödinger-esque duality. Does it exist? Does it not? Should I buy it? Would I like it?

It's like gazing at a beautiful could whilst somnambuling on a daisy-covered hill of delight.
Attachments:
games.jpg (377 Kb)
yogsloth: Personally, I think it's a very pretty box.

I like it, sitting there on my shelf, gently, ever gently, taunting me with its Schrödinger-esque duality. Does it exist? Does it not? Should I buy it? Would I like it?

It's like gazing at a beautiful could whilst somnambuling on a daisy-covered hill of delight.
Kind of like "Republique" is enticing you there, at the bottom right corner? Should you read its manual? Should you not?
Clownski_: You don't have to. It doesn't change a fact that it's not a "marketing ploy" as some of you assume, and it is an issue that our IT is currently working on. Please don't spread misinformation.
If its not a marketing ploy, it's acting like it is one : customers owning the 1st game, get the unvanted materiel whatever you say. And with how the library works offers : NO OPTION to hide it. In my country such act is considered as illegal... There's a period of time to fix this kind of problem but your company seems to have higher priorities.... (since Galaxy was launched the web library isn't really condisered as it should) We don't know what's inside the contract with your company and the devs... needless to say it's somehow acting in favor to both of you till a fix is found. Needless to say i'm starting to loosing patience, such act is unprofessional.
Since i don't use Galaxy i'm considered as second class customer....:-(
Post edited November 03, 2022 by DyNaer
they will cave and remove it completely if you keep writing tickets
Yep, so this is annoying. I mean, I'm happy with having some free stuff, I guess, just in case I ever do purchase the game (I enjoyed the first one) - but in the meantime, the option to hide the game given I don't even own it would be appreciated! Why is this even not working?