It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Bio Menace FREE, and up to 75% off Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Quake, and DOOM.

Happy Holidays from the GOG.com team!
The holiday season is here. The world, in all its little shopping frenzies and chaotic reunions, seems to slow down just a little. It slows to taste the crisp winter air, to be childishly entranced by all the lights and colors.

As for us, we're going to celebrate with a little something special.
With a new free game in our catalog: <span class="bold">Bio Menace</span>, something of a mix between the smooth and joyous gameplay of Commander Keen, and the alien weirdness of the original Duke Nukem platformers. The spacey 2D shooter by 3D Realms is now part of our selection of free, truly worth playing, classics.

With a Happy Holiday Sale from GOG.com & Bethesda:
Have a holly, jolly discount. It's the best time of the year. We don't know if there will be snow, but have a cup of deal. It's <span class="bold">up to 75% off the entire Bethesda catalog</span> on GOG.com - including the three and only classic Fallout games, as well as some of the best shooters in history: the retro Wolfenstein 3D & Return to Castle duo, The Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II & Final DOOM alongside the Quake series (from the singleplayer gory of Quake + Quake II, through the timeless mutliplayer mayhem of Quake III). Finally, there's the chance to explore the history of The Elder Scrolls with classics like Morrowind, Battlespire, and Redguard.

As always, any purchase from the Bethesda catalog on GOG.com comes with a free copy of The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall!

Looking for last-minute gifts? There ya' go.
The sale will last until December 29, 4:59 AM GMT.

Have a happy holiday season!
LeonKillsAshley: Thanks for the free game GOG/Bethesda. Looks like my wallet is going to take another hit before the start of the new year. Oh boy.
InfraSuperman: The free game is from 3D Realms, though; unless you're talking about Arena or Daggerfall.
Ah, that's right. I was thinking that the IP was brought to GOG by Bethesda Softworks or Zenimax, but I was wrong. I'll edit my original post to give thanks to the proper parties. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Cheers.
tfishell: snip
Heroine Quest? Rated Mature, I guess, because of justifying drug abuse, eh?
Geralt_of_Rivia: What I wrote is "The funniest joke in the world" also know as "The leathal joke" from an old Monty Python sketch. See the link in my last post. It is only supposed to sound like German but doesn't mean anything at all. ;-)

What Maxvorstadt wrote actually is German. :-) Though it does sound like Bavarian (or similar southern German) dialect. Since I live in Austria (a small German speaking country south of Germany) I understood him perfectly well. What he wrote translates to "That's not German but it isn't English either. I am very confused now!!!"
Yeah, I saw your post after the fact. =)

And I do know where and what Austria is, but thanks. ; )
Thanks for the freebie GOG. :)
Maxvorstadt: What the...? Google translate doesn`t know bavarian? [snip]
Well, you could help with translations.... ; )
Thank you very much!
Maxvorstadt: What the...? Google translate doesn`t know bavarian? It`s one of the most famous languages in the world, every year millions of people come to bavaria to listen to this beautiful language. That some also drink some bavarian beer isn`t important here.
It even struggles when it comes to regular German:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoDZpcagVyQ
Nice, Christmas begins now: Thank you GOG and Bethesda.
Does anyone know if Quake 3 Arena has any servers up?
I still hesitate to buy Quake or Quake 2 because of the music issue. I don't want to install several softwares just to have the music. It gives me headaches, even after watching the tweak guide from Philscomputerlab.
Is there any kind of magic autopatch ?
Does Quake II force you to mount an ISO to have a soundtrack like the first one does?
Lemon_Curry: It even struggles when it comes to regular German:
... as do Bavarians.
MaxFulvus: I still hesitate to buy Quake or Quake 2 because of the music issue. I don't want to install several softwares just to have the music. It gives me headaches, even after watching the tweak guide from Philscomputerlab.
Is there any kind of magic autopatch ?
Quake 2 has music by default. It's only the first Quake that has the music issue. As for a magic autopatch, hansschmucker's one-click audioextractor is probably the closest we can get. You might end up needing a source port, though.
omega64: Does Quake II force you to mount an ISO to have a soundtrack like the first one does?
Nope.
Post edited December 21, 2015 by Grargar
Snake Logan...I heard a' you. I heard you was, well, not a meme.

One of the better of the old Apogee platformers it seems. And it looks like they didn't just lift story elements from John Carpenter, but actually borrowed his face for the their protagonist. :)
BTW, I searched for Daggerfall in GOG and it's not there. Isn't Daggerfall ALREADY given out by Bethesda anyway through their own site? What more does GOG offer on Arena and Daggerfall exactly?