It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
BKGaming: Your constant belly aching on these issues is getting old... take it somewhere else. Don't spam this release thread, write to GOG support and complain. Take it directly to the source. Not us. We don't care.
Uhm... no, you don't care. I do, and I would assume quite a few more people do, as the recent reaction to the new installers fiasco proves. And sorry to break it to you, but when the only response left to you is "well, no one cares so shut up", then you're not exactly winning the debate.
lonelywolf02: Where is the polish language and others?
w opcjach gry w gog galaxy, trzeba kliknąć zakladkę 'więcej'
high rated
brainvision: I really don't get the point about blaming of the online only (that is not true, btw) "issue": I mean it's 2017, do we really want to play cards game or chess ones versus artificial intelligence? Or maybe it's 1980? I played the single player section of the closed beta just to learn a few cards but the best of this game is the multiplayer..
For me too the answer is yes. I play computer games so that I don't need to interact with other human beings when I want to pass the time with what entertains me. By which I mean be dependent on the presence and availability and right mood and whatever else may be required of other people in order to enjoy playing a game.

I also don't want to have to avail of external, and often costly, other resources, such as online connectivity, data, etc. in order to enjoy my time with a game. Which to me is what DRM-free means. Which is what attracted me to the gog.com website in the first place.

And yet now we are seeing the release here of more and more products that are contrary to our expectations in line with the assurances that were given to us by the keepers of this site in times past. And that is why there are many people complaining about the way things often work around here these days.

However, as disgruntled as it makes me feel to see these occurrences, I usually don't complain about it too much. I understand that these folks are running a business, which means that their main priority is making as much money as they can, and not to keep their customer base as happy as they can. And therefore they will implement whatever measures they feel necessary to achieve their goal.

So i normally only quietly observe, purchase those few products that meet my requirements and when, one day, there are no more such products available, I will leave and never return to the site anymore. And no one of the "site managers" will notice or care and that is how life works. I surely have enough games to last me the rest of my lifetime, so sad though I may be, I will not complain, but that doesn't mean that I won't prefer to find more products here that suits my requirements.

I rambled. Ah, well...
low rated
brainvision: I really don't get the point about blaming of the online only (that is not true, btw) "issue": I mean it's 2017, do we really want to play cards game or chess ones versus artificial intelligence? Or maybe it's 1980? I played the single player section of the closed beta just to learn a few cards but the best of this game is the multiplayer..
musteriuz: For me too the answer is yes. I play computer games so that I don't need to interact with other human beings when I want to pass the time with what entertains me. By which I mean be dependent on the presence and availability and right mood and whatever else may be required of other people in order to enjoy playing a game.

I also don't want to have to avail of external, and often costly, other resources, such as online connectivity, data, etc. in order to enjoy my time with a game. Which to me is what DRM-free means. Which is what attracted me to the gog.com website in the first place.

And yet now we are seeing the release here of more and more products that are contrary to our expectations in line with the assurances that were given to us by the keepers of this site in times past. And that is why there are many people complaining about the way things often work around here these days.

However, as disgruntled as it makes me feel to see these occurrences, I usually don't complain about it too much. I understand that these folks are running a business, which means that their main priority is making as much money as they can, and not to keep their customer base as happy as they can. And therefore they will implement whatever measures they feel necessary to achieve their goal.

So i normally only quietly observe, purchase those few products that meet my requirements and when, one day, there are no more such products available, I will leave and never return to the site anymore. And no one of the "site managers" will notice or care and that is how life works. I surely have enough games to last me the rest of my lifetime, so sad though I may be, I will not complain, but that doesn't mean that I won't prefer to find more products here that suits my requirements.

I rambled. Ah, well...
Ummm yes you did ramble, About nothing. This game has no DRM, it is free, it's fun and you play against other people. You don't like that then go play solitaire
low rated
Breja: Uhm... no, you don't care. I do, and I would assume quite a few more people do, as the recent reaction to the new installers fiasco proves. And sorry to break it to you, but when the only response left to you is "well, no one cares so shut up", then you're not exactly winning the debate.
Sorry I should clarify, we (as in the vast majority) don't care. I realize some people do care about this, and I think if you want express those views that is fine. I'm just quite frankly tied of nightcraw1er.488 constant complaining about everything Galaxy related. It's gotten old, say your peace and be done with... don't harp on it to us forum users who have no control over it.

Take it to where it belongs... GOG.
high rated
BKGaming: Take it to where it belongs... GOG.
I guess he thought that the Gwent threadon the GOG forum is a reasonable place to talk about the issue of Gwent being on GOG. Silly mistake, really.
low rated
Breja: I guess he thought that the Gwent threadon the GOG forum is a reasonable place to talk about the issue of Gwent being on GOG. Silly mistake, really.
Like it going to make a difference? They games isn't going away... most people have a common sense that beta doesn't mean feature complete. He is complaining about something he doesn't even know will come to pass.

Take a step back, wait and see what it is like at release... all he does is complain anymore. I rarely read a post where he isn't complaining. Sorry, I've just grown tired of it.

All this does it take away from a actual meaningful discussion about the release of GWENT by people who actually intend play it...

EDIT: By the way I don't care to "win" the debate, I don't even want to debate this... it's silly thing to debate at this point without knowing what the final product will be like.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by BKGaming
PaterAlf: Isn't that contradicting?
BKGaming: Not really some games use an online connection to force DRM, other use is because the game is specifically designed for an online experience. The first one is DRM, the latter is not.

Some people have a hard time understanding the difference...
No, i don't think most people have a hard time understanding. What they are rather into is tarring and feathering everything they don't like related to online/networking as "DRM". By now, the term "DRM" has lost all meaning it once had and is used mostly as an invective only. Basically "DRM" is just a synonym for "this is shit"/"i don't really like" which can be typed with three quick keystrokes (plus holding down the Shift key ;) )
high rated
So let me get this straight, you're making a free-to-play game. On the one store that (used to I guess) prides itself on DRM-Free games. Let's look at what making a free-to-play game entails.

- Paying for someone to edit your save file for you (because it's encrypted so you can't do it yourself)
- Checking/updating in-game actions with a server (so you're not "cheating" a.k.a. not paying them for nothing (see bullet point 1))
- Inserting ads and prompts for the TOTALLY OPTIONAL* scamming
- Making sure the game is designed to let you play for just long enough without paying to get hooked before getting aggressive with the "you'll have to wait/grind if you want to do this thing" unless you put money in your usb port
- Making sure the player never plays without feeling like they've walked into a drug dealer's back alley home

Whoa, maybe it's just me but that seems like some nasty-ass garbage! Especially given GOG already has at least one other card game with zero player-fleecing- wait I meant the In-Game Purchases are Totally OptionalTM, and just like every other free-to-play trash fire it's in the most technical, legally accurate way possible! Stay positive bros and consider your Digital Rights Ma-DESTROYED!
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Bonsewswesa
high rated
BKGaming: All this does it take away from a actual meaningful discussion about the release of GWENT by people who actually intend play it...
Great place for a meaningful discussions about the game when you actually play the game or intend to do so:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent
My body is ready!!!
fables22: Our policy on DRM has not changed, of course. However, GWENT is a game that is designed to be played in multi-player and online.
PaterAlf: Isn't that contradicting?
How exactly are you supposed to play multiplayer over the internet without an internet connection? Think about it......You NEED an internet connection even if your playing an LAN game with a friend who is not on the same network. To think anything else is just silly.
TheUbik: I guess he's confusing micro-transaction with pay to win.

Lrn2Englsh made me laugh.
To be fair, the two very often come together. Sometimes game devs even confuse "micro" and "macro" transactions - I saw bundle of "currency" in an online game worth more than full price of witcher 3 + both expansions when it was brand new. Many of the in-game items you could buy with it require several such investments, of course. Quite insane. Free to play + (micro|macro}transactions + pay2win, all in one tight package.

On topic: I didn't mind playing gwent here and there in witcher. But as standalone game, and being card collectibles that depend on mercy of RNG... I'm sure they added many more cards and possible strategies since the in-game version, but it still doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I still have my ng+ playthrough of the full game to finish (currently it's on hold while I'm busy finishing spellforce 2 replay), and many more titles in backlog. I wish CDPR success, but I won't take part even for free. Now when they bring Cyberpunk 2077 to the table, that's entirely another matter...
elgonzo: No, i don't think most people have a hard time understanding. What they are rather into is tarring and feathering everything they don't like related to online/networking as "DRM". By now, the term "DRM" has lost all meaning it once had and is used mostly as an invective only. Basically "DRM" is just a synonym for "this is shit"/"i don't really like" which can be typed with three quick keystrokes (plus holding down the Shift key ;) )
Exactly, my personal line for this is DRM has become a big "I disagree" button. They don't like it so they claim it's DRM. This is what I take issue with above all else. It devalues the meaning of DRM, and then when real DRM slips in... most of us don't care because were tired of people "crying wolf".
high rated
Breja: I guess he thought that the Gwent threadon the GOG forum is a reasonable place to talk about the issue of Gwent being on GOG. Silly mistake, really.
BKGaming: Like it going to make a difference?
Complaining about the installer did. This probably won't, but GOG should see people aren't ok with the way things are going.

BKGaming: They games isn't going away... most people have a common sense that beta doesn't mean feature complete. He is complaining about something he doesn't even know will come to pass.
"Ok, yes, I see where i was wrong. I was mistakenly thinking that the Policy applied to all products on here equally. I see now that is not the case, any game which, at some point in the future may release a single player or offline version, counts as DRM free."

BKGaming: Take a step back, wait and see what it is like at release... all he does is complain anymore. I rarely read a post where he isn't complaining. Sorry, I've just grown tired of it.
And I rarely see a post of yours where you're not just being a corporate stooge. "People, stop caring about things and let us gobble up anything GOG throws our way in peace!"

BKGaming: All this does it take away from a actual meaningful discussion about the release of GWENT by people who actually intend play it...
I see. So when GOG does something we think is wrong, only the people who are ok with it and intend to use it should be allowed to discuss it. Got it.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Breja