It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
I really don't get the point about blaming of the online only (that is not true, btw) "issue": I mean it's 2017, do we really want to play cards game or chess ones versus artificial intelligence? Or maybe it's 1980? I played the single player section of the closed beta just to learn a few cards but the best of this game is the multiplayer..
This is the kind of game that I actually prefer to play on a tablet. It made Hearthstone that more enjoyable for me. Also, to beat the dead horse again: the lack of commitment towards macOS/Linux users is clearly felt. It looks as though it isn’t even on their radar at all.
low rated
Kayx291: Did ya checked or you are just blabbering?
nightcraw1er.488: Look at the game card page, just below system specs (and having to type this as can't access the link on this computer):
GWENT: ... The game requires an online connection to play and offers "optional" in-game purchases. Single player campaign will be added at a later date.

Now, you know English may be my first language and all that, but I read the above as: This game is online only (even if only currently), has in-game microtransactions (we all know what Optional means on this site!). Do correct me if I am reading this incorrectly.
People need to learn what micro transactions actually means. All the cards can be unlocked just by playing, so that isn't a MICRO TRANSACTION. Lrn2Englsh.
I liked Gwent originally so this should be fun! Looking forward to play and meet lots of nice witcher friends and fans and trash talk heartstone like a pro <3
Opening the new kegs from closed beta and i just have to say that the RNG is really low compaired to what it was. Opened around 70 ish kegs with a few being gold and more multiples when choosing then there should of been different options. To me this seems like a low blow compaired to what i had with 2k scraps left over with a better selection than what i have now. Tho i could just be salty from spending that much from when it first started to having a crappy selection now.
The public beta audio it's going to be only in english or it will add another languages? The closed beta had my language and now i cant change the english audio setting.
brainvision: I really don't get the point about blaming of the online only (that is not true, btw) "issue": I mean it's 2017, do we really want to play cards game or chess ones versus artificial intelligence? Or maybe it's 1980? I played the single player section of the closed beta just to learn a few cards but the best of this game is the multiplayer..
Sure, I tend to agree. It's just very indicative of their current business strategy that they would not bother to wait for the single-player to make a GWENT store page on GOG.com and that they will probably make it require Galaxy and an online connection anyway. The game page doesn't even have the DRM-FREE. No activation or online connection required to play.. I guess it's time to add an asterisk to that good ol' DRM-Free Content on the front page:

DRM-Free Content*

*When applicable, check the requirements on the individual game page.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Nix31
I"m waiting for android app. :P
high rated
SnarkLord1980: People need to learn what micro transactions actually means. All the cards can be unlocked just by playing, so that isn't a MICRO TRANSACTION. Lrn2Englsh.
What? A microtransaction in an item that can be bought for an in-game world with real-world money. It doesn't matter how many hours you can grind to get the same items without paying $, the microtransactions are still there.
Nix31: The game itself seems interesting. But now we have a beta release from CD Projekt Red themselves that is f2p online-only with microtransactions requiring external site login (ok, using GOG credential, but still)? Haha now I feel silly for believing this store would remain DRM-Free for some time. Others commented on this incoming release, but I didn't know enough about it beforehand. The recent Gremlins Inc. feels tame in comparison, regarding its DRM model.

Can GOG at least make it clear what is their DRM policy nowadays? As in: multiplayer games require Galaxy and multiplayer only games with microtransactions purchases are allowed.

Not that they need to announce after saying it clearly with this release, but transparency would be nice right? Can we still at least keep our singleplayer DOSbox games DRM-Free?
Our policy on DRM has not changed, of course. However, GWENT is a game that is designed to be played in multi-player and online.
Nix31: Yes, but nowhere could I find indication that the single-player mode won't require you to be online, it's just an assumption as far as I'm concerned until a blue says otherwise.

Notice how on the game card page here on GOG they don't make any mention of an offline or DRM-Free mode: https://www.gog.com/game/gwent_the_witcher_card_game
Just because I know some people are going to complain about this (not you, just some of our old timers here), CD Projekt Red dev has stated their intention is to make single player offline capable.

Also:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/138002-offline-ai-matches?p=3283872#post3283872

Sounds like there will be an offline version... at release.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by BKGaming
high rated
brainvision: I mean it's 2017, do we really want to play cards game or chess ones versus artificial intelligence?
Don't know about you, but for me the answer is "yes".
" The game requires an online connection to play and offers optional in-game purchases. "

passing
high rated
fables22: Our policy on DRM has not changed, of course. However, GWENT is a game that is designed to be played in multi-player and online.
Isn't that contradicting?
high rated
PaterAlf: Isn't that contradicting?
Not really some games use an online connection to force DRM, other use is because the game is specifically designed for an online experience. The first one is DRM, the latter is not.

Some people have a hard time understanding the difference...
Post edited May 24, 2017 by BKGaming