It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: You mean the FPP is cancelled, yes?
My bottom line was incorrect. Please delete it.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
Grargar: Actually, no. For the FPP to have been cancelled, the games would have to remain more expensive than the US prices. What has happened is that the fixed prices for some games are now gone (whether they gave a FPP or not in the first place).
Brain's mash, what do you mean by "fixed prices are gone"?

mrkgnao: My bottom line was incorrect. Please delete it.
Gladly, but then the latest exchanges won't make any sense?
Post edited May 15, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Brain's mash, what do you mean by "fixed prices are gone"?
Fixed € prices. Some examples;

1) Darksiders 1 had a fixed price of €19.99, which previously translated to about $21.19 and gave a $1.2 FPP. With the recent currency exchange rate update (where $9.99 are now equal to €8.99, instead of €9.49), the $ price should have jumped to $22.19 and gave $2.2 FPP. Instead, the fixed € price is gone completely and the game now costs $19.99.
2) Metro Last Light Redux also had a fixed price of €19.99, which translated to about $21.19 and didn't give a FPP, because the game's US price was $24.99. With the recent currency exchange rate update, the price should have jumped to $22.19 but, instead, the game's US price was appied and now, it costs $24.99.
3) Invisible Inc. also had a fixed price of €19.99 which previously translated to about $21.19 and gave a $1.2 FPP. With the recent currency exchange rate update (where $9.99 are now equal to €8.99, instead of €9.49), the $ price should have jumped to $22.19 and gave $2.2 FPP. Instead, the fixed € price is gone completely and the game now costs $19.99.
Grargar: Actually, no. For the FPP to have been cancelled, the games would have to remain more expensive than the US prices. What has happened is that the fixed prices for some games are now gone (whether they gave a FPP or not in the first place).
HypersomniacLive: Brain's mash, what do you mean by "fixed prices are gone"?

mrkgnao: My bottom line was incorrect. Please delete it.
HypersomniacLive: Gladly, but then the latest exchanges won't make any sense?
That's OK. Imagine it's a chat.
Anyhow, sort of answering your question. To take DE as an example, 17 games that were previously regionally priced are now the same price as US.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
Grargar: Fixed € prices. Some examples;

1) Darksiders 1 had a fixed price of €19.99, which previously translated to about $21.19 and gave a $1.2 FPP. With the recent currency exchange rate update (where $9.99 are now equal to €8.99, instead of €9.49), the $ price should have jumped to $22.19 and gave $2.2 FPP. Instead, the fixed € price is gone completely and the game now costs $19.99.
2) Metro Last Light Redux also had a fixed price of €19.99, which translated to about $21.19 and didn't give a FPP, because the game's US price was $24.99. With the recent currency exchange rate update, the price should have jumped to $22.19 but, instead, the game's US price was appied and now, it costs $24.99.
3) Invisible Inc. also had a fixed price of €19.99 which previously translated to about $21.19 and gave a $1.2 FPP. With the recent currency exchange rate update (where $9.99 are now equal to €8.99, instead of €9.49), the $ price should have jumped to $22.19 and gave $2.2 FPP. Instead, the fixed € price is gone completely and the game now costs $19.99.
Man, these constant changes make following things almost impossible.

OK, you were referring to € prices, I tend to follow things in USD.

Speaking of USD - did the price of TW3 change, or is it my impression? Wasn't it $46,39 (27% discount) just a couple of days ago?
HypersomniacLive: Speaking of USD - did the price of TW3 change, or is it my impression? Wasn't it $46,39 (27% discount) just a couple of days ago?
As I said above, the currency exchange rate was updated. Any game that is regionally-priced in Europe had its $ price become more expensive (like Witcher 3, it even gives some FPP now) and any game that is flat-priced in Europe/America, is now cheaper in €.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Grargar
high rated
mrkgnao: That's OK. Imagine it's a chat.
Anyhow, sort of answering your question. To take DE as an example, 17 games that were previously regionally priced are now the same price as US.
Oh please, I'm trying really hard to forget that all we have now is this chat thing.

OK, I got it now, thanks for all your efforts to keep us up to date.
The witcher 3 down from £41 to £36

Thanks GOG for the discount for preordering Aug 2014 ^^

will never preorder again
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Cavenagh
high rated
Cavenagh: The witcher 3 down from £41 to £36

I think the Aussies got the difference refunded, perhaps contact support and ask if the same applies to you?
Cavenagh: The witcher 3 down from £41 to £36

HypersomniacLive: I think the Aussies got the difference refunded, perhaps contact support and ask if the same applies to you?
It's ok was just letting off steam, it was my choice to purchase. I'm over it now.

Thanks for your time.

all the best
HypersomniacLive: I think the Aussies got the difference refunded, perhaps contact support and ask if the same applies to you?
Cavenagh: It's ok was just letting off steam, it was my choice to purchase. I'm over it now.

Thanks for your time.

all the best
Normally preorders should come with a best price guarantee, where the final charge is the lowest price between the moment you order and the launch, right?
mrkgnao: 12) Overall, the USD prices of regionally priced games has significantly increased in DE
Damn.. but does this mean that I would pay less in euros now?
mrkgnao: 12) Overall, the USD prices of regionally priced games has significantly increased in DE
phaolo: Damn.. but does this mean that I would pay less in euros now?
I don't follow EUR prices (too much work), but I think that for games that were regionally priced and remained such (the majority), you should be paying the same price in EUR. But better wait for a more authoritative answer (e.g. Grargar).
mrkgnao: I don't follow EUR prices (too much work), but I think that for games that were regionally priced and remained such (the majority), you should be paying the same price in EUR. But better wait for a more authoritative answer (e.g. Grargar).
Ok, waiting for Gragar, then ; )

(or I'll maybe check it myself by switching currency before purchasing)
Post edited May 16, 2015 by phaolo
The currency exchange rate update that has occurred, has made the € stronger. This had an effect both on games with a fixed $ price (the vast majority in Europe) and with a fixed € price (a bit over 90 items in Europe, for the time being).

Thus, for the vast majority of those games, you indeed pay less. (€5.39 for a $5.99 game, instead of the previous €5.69 price, and €8.99 for a $9.99 game instead of the previous €9.49 price). Games that have a fixed € price (like Divinity: Original Sin) still cost the same as before but because its equivalent $ price is now higher, you end up gaining more money back in store credit (€4 instead of €2).
Post edited May 16, 2015 by Grargar