It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Everyone at GOG believes in a 'gamers-first’ approach. It means that every part of our store is designed with gamers in mind and your purchase safety and satisfaction come first for us. The latest update to our voluntary Refund Policy adds another piece to this customer-friendly experience. And it all sums up in one sentence: starting now, you can get a full refund up to 30 days after purchasing a product, even if you downloaded, launched, and played it. That's it.

It’s important for us to say that this update is possible thanks to your respect for all the time and hard work put into creating the games you buy on GOG.COM and playing by the rules. We're grateful for that and encourage you to continue to do so.

For more details on how the change works, please check this FAQ article.
If I'd have to guess I'd say the new refund policy is a big success with the users and that's precisely why it didn't work that well. Many people were buying games during the big sale and I suppose many were making use of the refund system as well, returning games they've bought. But a generous refund system with a "no questions asked" policy is a lot of extra work for an (I can only assume) already understaffed support team if they have to approve of every request manually. Steam's refund system is faster not because support is better but because it's automated.
low rated
Yup, this 2-4 weeks expected delay response time that was mentioned in another thread just shows GOG bit off way more than it can chew. I expect this policy to be heavily curtailed in the near future.
low rated
TestSubject40: How many employees do they have working in this company, is it that low, that they have to take so long!?
As tfishell said in post # 420.....very few for many thousands of users.....and those support staff have to do other support tasks besides refunds.

TestSubject40: I'm pretty sure Gog is not that poor, so Steam having tons of cash is irrelevant.
I think it's actually very relevant....Steam has much higher net profit than GOG, and by many multiples......one of GOG's biggest cash influxes, btw (iirc) is from CDPR sharing it's profits with GOG.

TestSubject40: If, you told me, Gog only have 30 employees working in the company, then I would have an Oh.. moment.
Well as said above(and by tfishell) the staff on support is very low....and also many are working from home now via their own PCs, so there's that to consider as well.
Post edited March 31, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
at this point would it be worthwhile to just automate it? (or automate it during the busiest times of the year)

If it was automated, I was thinking maybe the processing could still be delayed somewhat (like timed to go through after 3 days, like a coroutine in Unity/C# ;); if that would help prevent/discourage fraud that could be implemented, but I'm not sure.

I'd have no problem with the 30 days being cut back to 15 too but I don't think that'd make much difference in this case.
Gog Why your site is glitchy? I browse games, then the next thing I do is to check my wishlist, then all of a sudden I'm signed out, then when I go to the home page, I'm signed back in. When I try to sign out, I'm still signed in!
What is going on Gog!?
i'd say this is shit. im still waiting on my refund and it has been quite a while now
low rated
请问你们所谓无条件退款需要游戏时间限制在多少小时内?你们的工作人员以游戏时间为借口拒绝退款,你们这个政策有没有一个具体的量化的时长?我从买来第二天就玩不下去了,申请退款好几次了,一直是一个员工在那里拖时间,马上就到30天 了。如果有游戏时间限制请摆明了说出来好吗?
MiraTulip: 请问你们所谓无条件退款需要游戏时间限制在多少小时内?你们的工作人员以游戏时间为借口拒绝退款,你们这个政策有没有一个具体的量化的时长?我从买来第二天就玩不下去了,申请退款好几次了,一直是一个员工 在那里拖时间,马上就到30天 了。如果有游戏时间限制请摆明了说出来好吗?
Please use English language. :)

Google translate says:
How many hours do you need to limit the game time for unconditional refunds? Your staff refuses refunds on the pretext of game time. Does your policy have a specific and quantitative duration? I couldn't play anymore the day after I bought it. I have applied for a refund several times. An employee has been dragging the time there, and it's almost 30 days. If there is a game time limit, please make it clear, okay?
MiraTulip: 请问你们所谓无条件退款需要游戏时间限制在多少小时内?你们的工作人员以游戏时间为借口拒绝退款,你们这个政策有没有一个具体的量化的时长?我从买来第二天就玩不下去了,申请退款好几次了,一直是一个员工 在那里拖时间,马上就到30天 了。如果有游戏时间限制请摆明了说出来好吗?
All refund requests are reviewed individually, case by case. Full refund policy FAQ can be found here.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via PM :)
Post edited October 20, 2020 by ponczo_
Lexor: Please use English language. :)

Google translate says:

How many hours do you need to limit the game time for unconditional refunds? Your staff refuses refunds on the pretext of game time. Does your policy have a specific and quantitative duration? I couldn't play anymore the day after I bought it. I have applied for a refund several times. An employee has been dragging the time there, and it's almost 30 days. If there is a game time limit, please make it clear, okay?
Lexor:
Sorry,I'm not good at English.:(
ponczo_: All refund requests are reviewed individually, case by case. Full refund policy FAQ can be found here.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via PM :)
我在官网上看过你们的退款政策,并不能帮助我解决我的问题。所谓保护游戏作者这一条如果在游戏时间上没有一个明确的标准的话,这是不是有些说不过去呢?究竟游戏时间超过多少个小时算不尊重游戏作者呢?
另外您说的PM是什么?员工在邮箱上一直拖时间,也解决不了我的问题,我看他就是想拖到30天万事大吉吧。
Post edited October 21, 2020 by MiraTulip
MiraTulip: 我在官网上看过你们的退款政策,并不能帮助我解决我的问题。所谓保护游戏作者这一条如果在游戏时间上没有一个明确的标准的话,这是不是有些说不过去呢?究竟游戏时间超过多少个小时算不尊重游戏作者呢?
Do not worry about the 30 days limit. We take the ticket's submission date into the consideration.
As mentioned in our refund policy, there is no specific time limit, but every single request is reviewed individually by Support.

You should receive a reply from us via e-mail soon.
MiraTulip: 我在官网上看过你们的退款政策,并不能帮助我解决我的问题。所谓保护游戏作者这一条如果在游戏时间上没有一个明确的标准的话,这是不是有些说不过去呢?究竟游戏时间超过多少个小时算不尊重游戏作者呢?
ponczo_: Do not worry about the 30 days limit. We take the ticket's submission date into the consideration.
As mentioned in our refund policy, there is no specific time limit, but every single request is reviewed individually by Support.

问题是我提交申请你们的员工之前还直接给我来了个“已解决”。我不敢想象在30天到了时候他又把现在我的这个申请搞个“已解决”后我还能怎么办。
退款政策中没有具体时间限制我很清楚。但你们的员工以游戏时间过长为由拒绝向我退款。所以我才想问你们条款中,为保护游戏作者的那条,有没有一个明确的量化指标,以避免暗箱操作之类的事情。
另外,你们的员工不仅不回我的邮件。我在论坛中找到了他,然而他还是拒绝和我沟通。这么拖下去真的没什么意思。
ponczo_: Do not worry about the 30 days limit. We take the ticket's submission date into the consideration.

另外,我反应你们员工不和我沟通的问题为什么会反应到他那里去?自己查自己的问题吗?直接给我把新的退款申请给并入到老的退款申请中了。而且还一句话都不说,装哑巴。
我月初买的游戏,马上就到月底了,我就求个明白,想知道你们为保护游戏作者,行使拒绝权力的游戏时间判定有没有个具体标准,怎么就这么难呢?
大家都知道你们宣称没有游戏时间限制,我想问的是你们行使特殊权力时有没有一个标准,这个标准是多长时间?
我在中文论坛也发表了我的问题,到现在都没有工作人员回复。您让我等邮件我也没等到。我自行反应你们员工的操作问题最后到了申请这一步,却还是被卡住。我也不知道您让我等的邮件什么时候能来了。
According to people from other sites, the refund processing delay is a bit...... too long as of now. Some people are even growing distrustful because of this.

GOG really needs to hire more customer support.
From personal experience: The one time when I had to ask for a refund, when, by mistake, I purchased, at the same time, both a bundle for all the content of a game and a DLC that was already included (the interface allowed for that, the game was Pillars of Eternity), the process was very fast, customer service was very kind. It could not have been better.