It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

teceem: - Under 'Download Options', when you select the OS: "Windows" doesn't work, I needed to change it to "windows" (lowercase). I only figured it out by looking in the log file.
Timboli: What version of gogrepo.py are you using?
Just the regular Kalanyr...
Here's what the gogrepo.log says:
"error: specified os "Windows" is not one of the valid os types ['windows', 'linux', 'mac']"
(After doing a download)
Post edited December 20, 2020 by teceem
teceem: It's the weird context sensitive button! It just looks like all other buttons, but it's not... no way to know (without doing it) that unchecking 'update' will change the button into 'DOWN'.
Well to be fair to me, the button did show DOWN before either Update or Verify were selected, so undoing a selection should restore that logically, providing you noticed the change.

I was also very mindful of reducing rather than increasing the number of options shown, which is why I went that way. In short I did not want the GUI to look too complex or feel that way.

If you check out earlier screenshots, I did have a separate button for each option, but as the features required declared themselves I found I had to intelligently reuse options or go more complex looking, and some features like ALL worked for all the options, so it got kind of tricky.

It's not always easy doing a frontend for a script designed by someone else to be used via the command-line. Sometimes you just gotta do the best you can with a tricky situation.
FireTiger_86: Now the console window immediately closes no matter what version I have installed. I can't even log in any more via the GUI. It still works manually.
Timboli: You need to be using a Python 3 variant if using Kalanyr's forked version. Python 2.7 variant should be okay for original gogrepo.py if my memory is correct. I am using Python 3.4 for both versions, with all the correct libraries installed.
Why would that be? I am using Kalanyr Dev (gogrepoc), which is based on Kalanyr Master I believe, and it works just fine with Python 2.7.
Timboli: Well to be fair to me, the button did show DOWN before either Update or Verify were selected, so undoing a selection should restore that logically, providing you noticed the change.
You're right... that might have been the default - I don't remember anymore. I guess I didn't notice the button changing the first time I clicked the Update checkmark.
teceem: Just the regular Kalanyr...
Here's what the gogrepo.log says:
"error: specified os "Windows" is not one of the valid os types ['windows', 'linux', 'mac']"
(After doing a download)
There doesn't appear to be any issue when downloading single games.
Are you maybe doing a DOWNLOAD ALL (Method Two)?
I may have picked up an issue with that code ... seems I may have overlooked it during an update.
Timboli: Are you maybe doing a DOWNLOAD ALL (Method Two)?
No, I select a game, press Down One, go to queue and press start.
mrkgnao: Why would that be? I am using Kalanyr Dev (gogrepoc), which is based on Kalanyr Master I believe, and it works just fine with Python 2.7.
All to do with libraries.

I had been using Python 2.7 with original gogrepo.py, but when I changed to Kalanyr's forked version, I kept getting library installation issues until I updated to a version 3 of Python. There is a discussion here between Kalanyr and myself about it.
EDIT - Perhaps there has been an update to version 2.7 of Python since I last tried it, that fixed the libraries issue, or I just don't know Python well enough to overcome the issue.

teceem: No, I select a game, press Down One, go to queue and press start.
Just discovered one instance, where I hadn't added in the lowercase fix. Just one short line of code.
And you guessed it, it was in the manual start section. If you had Auto start enabled when you were adding a game, you would not have run into the issue.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by Timboli
mrkgnao: Why would that be? I am using Kalanyr Dev (gogrepoc), which is based on Kalanyr Master I believe, and it works just fine with Python 2.7.
Timboli: All to do with libraries.

I had been using Python 2.7 with original gogrepo.py, but when I changed to Kalanyr's forked version, I kept getting library installation issues until I updated to a version 3 of Python. There is a discussion here between Kalanyr and myself about it.
EDIT - Perhaps there has been an update to version 2.7 of Python since I last tried it, that fixed the libraries issue, or I just don't know Python well enough to overcome the issue.
I see. Thanks.

I didn't have a problem installing the libraries under 2.7.18.

I did have a problem installing Python 3.8 (or 3.9, can't remember) as it does not support Windows 7.
teceem: No, I select a game, press Down One, go to queue and press start.
I've done a bugfix, which you can grab from here.

https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/tree/master/Latest_Incomplete

Please be aware, that some of the newer features are still somewhat experimental, and I have found some older more complex bugs I haven't addressed yet, but general usage should be fine. The bug(s) from memory relate to the fancier Updating features.
EDIT - The new right-click Download File Selector works great with the original gogrepo.py, but not much testing has been done with Kalanyr's version and no support implemented with that feature for Galaxy version downloads.

Please note, that if you haven't already, you will also need at least one download of the official (zipped) releases to get the extra files needed, including the floating progress bar EXE file if you wish to use that. v1.0 recommended.

mrkgnao: I did have a problem installing Python 3.8 (or 3.9, can't remember) as it does not support Windows 7.
Yeah, that's probably why I am using v3.4 with Win 7.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by Timboli
Alright, I tried newer versions (even though it says you need 2.7 on the download page), including 3.4, 3.6, and 3.8, and it always worked manually, and after creating a new manifest, the game list was there.
However, no matter what I do and how often I uninstall all versions and re-install different ones, I just cannot get the GUI to work correctly any more, as the console window always closes itself immediately.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by FireTiger_86
Timboli: I've done a bugfix, which you can grab from here.

https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/tree/master/Latest_Incomplete
Right click > Save as > Replace the old exe > run (on win10) > I get a message (from windows): this app can't run on your PC
(I replaced the au3 with the new one too)

edit: added a screenshot
Attachments:
repo.jpg (156 Kb)
Post edited December 20, 2020 by teceem
teceem: Right click > Save as > Replace the old exe > run (on win10) > I get a message (from windows): this app can't run on your PC
(I replaced the au3 with the new one too)

edit: added a screenshot
Something must have happened with the download, maybe your AV, as look at the file size of 82 Kb. It should be 1.2 Mb, as shown here - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGRepo-GUI/blob/master/Latest_Incomplete/GOGRepo%20GUI.exe

You can ignore or delete the AU3 files, as they are just the programs before compiling to EXE, in other words sources (scripts).
Post edited December 21, 2020 by Timboli
FireTiger_86: Alright, I tried newer versions (even though it says you need 2.7 on the download page), including 3.4, 3.6, and 3.8, and it always worked manually, and after creating a new manifest, the game list was there.
However, no matter what I do and how often I uninstall all versions and re-install different ones, I just cannot get the GUI to work correctly any more, as the console window always closes itself immediately.
The GUI window will close if it does not find a version of gogrepo.py it can work with.
That won't happen if gogrepo.py doesn't exist at all and the manifest was created with the original gogrepo.py.

If you change gogrepo.py or gog-manifest.dat you should start over by removing any previously created files and folders.

Have you determined yet, why that leading 'u' exists in every manifest line? It is surely something to do with whatever version of gogrepo.py you are using, and is not suitable for use with my GUI.

If you view the gogrepo.py script with a text editor, you can see a line near the start that says the author name.

Original will show the following ... on line 8 for me.

__author__ = 'eddie3'

With Kalany'r fork it is line 10 and the following.

__author__ = 'eddie3,kalynr'

My GUI won't work if neither of those exist. One must exist.
Timboli: The GUI window will close if it does not find a version of gogrepo.py it can work with.
That won't happen if gogrepo.py doesn't exist at all and the manifest was created with the original gogrepo.py.
The GUI itself works, but the console window closes itself whenever I use a function, and nothing happens. This is also the case if no manifest exists. If the script is not present, I can't click any buttons. But it is there, and I can click, only it doesn't work after I click. I can't even log in via the GUI.

If you change gogrepo.py or gog-manifest.dat you should start over by removing any previously created files and folders.
I did that, multiple times.

Have you determined yet, why that leading 'u' exists in every manifest line? It is surely something to do with whatever version of gogrepo.py you are using, and is not suitable for use with my GUI.
Apparently it was because I had Python 2.7. But it clearly says you need 2.7 on the download page, but it is the same readme for both versions. It doesn't say anywhere that it also works with 3.x, instead it says "Python 3 support coming soon". So how am I supposed to know that it not only works with 3.x, but that it doesn't work correctly with 2.7?

If you view the gogrepo.py script with a text editor, you can see a line near the start that says the author name.
Here is mine:

__appname__ = 'gogrepo.py'
__version__ = 'k0.3a'

My GUI won't work if neither of those exist. One must exist.
It's there. And it worked before, apart from the issue with the game list. Now it doesn't.
Post edited December 21, 2020 by FireTiger_86
FireTiger_86: The GUI itself works, but the console window closes itself whenever I use a function, and nothing happens. This is also the case if no manifest exists. If the script is not present, I can't click any buttons. But it is there, and I can click, only it doesn't work after I click. I can't even log in via the GUI.
Sorry, it seems I misunderstood. You are talking about the DOS like console window, which is actually the Python script gogrepo.py running. The script appears to be failing for some reason. Might be library related or cookies related. Is the cookie file (gog-cookies.dat) in the same folder as my GUI, along with gogrepo.py and gog-manifest.dat?

Another reason the console window might close without doing anything, could be due to your selection of options or lack of.

Then again with an unpopulated list, it may be failing purely due to that. You certainly don't have anything to Download or Verify or Update, though an Update ALL should work ... providing the manifest file is suitable.

FireTiger_86: Apparently it was because I had Python 2.7. But it clearly says you need 2.7 on the download page, but it is the same readme for both versions. It doesn't say anywhere that it also works with 3.x, instead it says "Python 3 support coming soon". So how am I supposed to know that it not only works with 3.x, but that it doesn't work correctly with 2.7?
If you were using the original gogrepo.py, then Python 2.7 is fine.

With Kalanyr's forked version of gogrepo.py, I could not get some Python libraries to work (install) until I installed Python 3.4.

FireTiger_86: Here is mine:

__appname__ = 'gogrepo.py'
__version__ = 'k0.3a'
Goodo, then I wonder where the 'u' is coming from?
You have installed all the Python Libraries mentioned?

FireTiger_86: It's there. And it worked before, apart from the issue with the game list. Now it doesn't.
Mmmm sounds like we are back to GUI again and not console. The GUI should be able to run at least once, even with an empty list, unless mismatches occur. Subsequent runs it will just close if there was an error on first run ... hence the need to replace all created files and folders.