It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Timboli: AHK is basically something created by a breakaway developer from AutoIt during the v2 days. You could call it the bastard child of AutoIt, and it certainly isn't held in the same high regard as AutoIt, and certainly nowhere near as good as v3.

AHK is something script kiddies use to make bots, especially game bots. Jon the creator of AutoIt was not pleased with that breakaway, and changed the licensing model thereafter for the source. AHK at times has given AutoIt a bad name because of its association, and unjustly so. Microsoft even used AutoIt for roll out scripts at one point.

For those who don't know, AutoIt stands for Automate It, not Auto IT. It is a great scripting language that can be compiled to an executable if you wish (like my programs). It is Windows only.
Curious, though i used AHK quite frequently. From the features available and able to use DLL calls i figured it was a way to extend features of Windows, like i could right-click the minimize and it would go to the tray instead, even on things that wouldn't want to minimize. Nice scripts.

Heh, one of my more fun projects was connecting zlib and my own UU64 code, then typing in and letting it compress and feed output so i could see live compression and how it looked. Could probably do it again if i tried.

Timboli: NOTE - Script kiddies also use AutoIt for bots, but they get no support from the AutoIt Forum, unlike AHK forums which tend to have an open slather anything goes approach.
I've written a few, and I've helped on the forums; though most of my work was helping with regex issues and telling people not to reinvent basic auto-clickers for games.

Though the bots/tools i wrote were to greatly simply work, not necessarily cheat. Too bad those days are over... good money on the project I'd written it for (and no, nothing malware or the like).
rtcvb32: Curious, though i used AHK quite frequently. From the features available and able to use DLL calls i figured it was a way to extend features of Windows, like i could right-click the minimize and it would go to the tray instead, even on things that wouldn't want to minimize. Nice scripts.

Heh, one of my more fun projects was connecting zlib and my own UU64 code, then typing in and letting it compress and feed output so i could see live compression and how it looked. Could probably do it again if i tried.
Goodo. AHK, which I have not paid much attention to really, is based on the even better AutoIt, which is quite a mature programming language now. I've been using AutoIt since around 2002/2003, and when it provided the ability to create GUI I gave up on Visual Basic 6 altogether, and from then on have used just AutoIt almost exclusively.

A whole new world might open up for you if you try AutoIt. It has certainly greatly empowered me. I call it the least nerdy language out there, that almost any person on the street can make some sense of and benefit ... though it has become a bit more nerdy in the last decade, with function name changes etc ... nothing like the change between VB6 and VB.Net though, which I avoided like the plague.

A lot of what I do is frontends for other programs or web scraping, that often results in some kind of listings (catalogs or databases). They tend to be for Backups, Documents, Ebooks, Games, Images, Music and Video, but also other things.
Post edited August 06, 2022 by Timboli
The following have been fixed.

1359778856 | The Tale of Bistun Demo
1668089272 | Undead Horde

The following still remain outstanding.

1448355943 | Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles
1883489105 | Warhammer Skulls 2022 - Digital Goodie Pack goodies
1448452156 | Dying Light: The Following – Enhanced Edition
1625778777 | World War II GI

And the following to add to the failure list.

1708301722 | Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts
Timboli: The following have been fixed.
As a gogrepoc.py user who's interested in trying this, the one feature I couldn't see if you had was skipping "hidden" games. I have many games, multiple 100s of GB, I don't want to download as I have the enhanced or GOTY versions on GOG. does this tool support ignoring hidden games and not adding them to the manifest?
Starkrun: As a gogrepoc.py user who's interested in trying this, the one feature I couldn't see if you had was skipping "hidden" games. I have many games, multiple 100s of GB, I don't want to download as I have the enhanced or GOTY versions on GOG. does this tool support ignoring hidden games and not adding them to the manifest?
My GUI adds a game to the manifest on-the-fly, so unlike gogrepo.py it doesn't add all games at once. This can be manual, by clicking the ADD TO MANIFEST button for the selected game (this is what I do when I update the list of games, just for the new ones) or depending on settings it can automatically download the manifest entry for a game, before displaying the available files for downloading on the 'Game Files Selector' window. There is also an option to work through the list downloading each manifest entry, but I haven't provided a skip hidden option.

P.S. I've just done an update to the program for a requested feature, alas if only I had seen this I may have looked into ignoring Hidden games as well. I don't have any hidden games, so I guess it got overlooked ... presuming gogcli.exe supports that prior to manifest downloading during the CHECK or GET GAMES LIST phase ... maybe it doesn't. I will think some more on it and investigate.
I've finally started using a more recent version of gogcli.exe, the latest version 0.21.0 in fact.

Until now I haven't used a version of gogcli.exe with the work-around for the XML issue, and I can report it works, if very slowly. In fact, for Dying Light: The Following it took around 25 minutes on my PC to obtain the manifest for that game. No doubt mileage will vary for users, depending on their PC and web connection. NOTE - I have virtually all the DLCs for Dying Light, so a lot to process I guess.

Anyway, I was able to get manifest entries for the 5 remaining failed games.

1448355943 | Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles
1883489105 | Warhammer Skulls 2022 - Digital Goodie Pack goodies
1448452156 | Dying Light: The Following – Enhanced Edition
1625778777 | World War II GI
1708301722 | Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts

P.S. I presume nothing was skipped in those manifest entries. I did compare the count of files to that listed in my library for a couple of the games.

GOGcli GUI has been updated to v3.3.

I had a request for an option to disable always ON TOP, and have now provided a button near top right of the GUI to do this. You click the button to SET or UNSET, and it works on both the main program window and the 'Game Files Selector' window.

DOWNLOAD & SCREENSHOT - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI/releases/tag/v3.3

FURTHER INFORMATION - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI
Post edited August 29, 2022 by Timboli
GOGcli GUI has been updated to v3.4.

This is just a minor update involving an improvement to the create sub-folders process via the SUB button, where you are now presented with a window and five different sub-folder options, and a CREATE button.

DOWNLOAD & SCREENSHOT - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI/releases/tag/v3.4

FURTHER INFORMATION - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI

NOTE - Usage is pretty simple, but there is a priority order, from left to right, with automatic relocation of applicable files occurring in that order.

USAGE
1. Select the game entry on the main window list that you want to work with at the download destination.
2. Click the SUB button. You will then be presented with the 'Create Sub-Folders' window.
3. Select the sub-folders you wish to be created.
4. Click the CREATE button.
5. Close the window when done.

If the 'Linux or Mac' checkbox was selected, that will be created first. This will be a folder that is named using the game's Slug title. The game cover image (if any) will be copied to that new sub-folder. Any SH, DMG and PKG files will be automatically moved to that folder too. I then personally make copies of that sub-folder on my Linux backup drives.

The 'Patches' sub-folder if selected gets created next, and 'patch' named files get moved into it. These will be EXE and BIN files primarily, but can also be Linux or Mac files if the 'Linux or Mac' checkbox wasn't selected.

Next to be created, if selected, is the 'Updates' sub-folder, which will be for any remaining EXE and BIN files, and any SH and DMG and PKG files that still exist in the main game folder. NOTE - If you are downloading a game for the first time and not an update, then you would not have 'Updates' selected, because you don't want the main game files (EXE and BIN) relocated to that sub-folder. Of course, it becomes trickier if your download destination is the same as your storage location, in which case you would manually need to create applicable sub-folders and relocate files.

The fourth sub-folder that can be created next, is the one for relocation of any ZIP files that have 'Soundtrack' or 'Music' or MP3 of FLAC or WAV or OGG in the file name.

The fifth and final folder that can be created is 'Extras', that any remaining ZIP files will be relocated to. This also includes RAR and 7Z and PDF files.

The relocation of files to those five sub-folders, depends on file type and sometimes the structure of the file name. You can of course manually change afterward, where each file is relocated if you need to. I have attempted to cater for likely file naming, while attempting to avoid incorrect file relocations. And the aim of the game is to keep things simple.
Post edited September 22, 2022 by Timboli
Not sure if i am doing something wrong or if a new update is needed.

Got the program to run and successful cookie import so it lists games.

But it wont download any. I click download, it gives the pop up. I select what to download and everything fails with the log saying file doesnt exist.
No matter what game or extra.
guardianali: Not sure if i am doing something wrong or if a new update is needed.

But it wont download any. I click download, it gives the pop up. I select what to download and everything fails with the log saying file doesnt exist.
I've just tested mine and no issue. I am using the latest version available at GitHub, along with the latest gogcli.exe

Have you set the download destination and the drive for it exists?
Perhaps show the path if so.
There could be a permissions issue I guess.

Yours would likely be different, but I download to G:\Games\GoG
After downloading each file, it then gets relocated to a sub-folder based on the game name - G:\Games\GoG\Doom
guardianali: Not sure if i am doing something wrong or if a new update is needed.

Timboli: I've just tested mine and no issue. I am using the latest version available at GitHub, along with the latest gogcli.exe

Have you set the download destination and the drive for it exists?
Perhaps show the path if so.
There could be a permissions issue I guess.

Yours would likely be different, but I download to G:\Games\GoG
After downloading each file, it then gets relocated to a sub-folder based on the game name - G:\Games\GoG\Doom
So I started from scratch.
Downloaded Gogcli latest 0.21.0 and GUI 3.5.
Put them in a folder on an exteral HD with drive letter I.
Copied the cookie.txt from old folder over.
Ran GUI with right click and Run as Admin.
It created all the folders and files from first run.
Says cant find Gamelist.txt
I click Get Games list. Bunch of CMD boxes pop up looking at Page 1, Page 2, etc..
When its done, it loads a gamelist that looks to be accurate and mine.
The download destination box at the bottom auto fills with the install folders GAMES directory (which exists).
This time i dont change any settings and leave it as stock.
Click on Police Quest 2
Click Download
A bunch of CMD boxes pop up and then takes me to the Game Selector box.
I click them all and click download.
Same issue.
Tried Police Quest 4.
Same issue.

Attached is the Log.
Attachments:
capture_1.png (317 Kb)
guardianali: Ran GUI with right click and Run as Admin.
Have you tried it without Run as Admin? I don't use that myself, and probably not needed with an external drive.

FYI I run my GUI and gogcli.exe from the following path - "D:\Projects\GOG-CLI\GOGcli GUI.exe", and download to an external drive.

Is your Download Destination path something like I:\Games ?

It is possible that you might need to set writing permissions for that folder (including sub-folders).

Game files should be downloading to that folder and then relocating to the Police Quest 4 sub-folder. If a file downloads okay, but has something wrong with it, it will remain in the Download Destination folder and won't be relocated to the sub-folder. Is that sub-folder being created?

Have you checked to see if you AV program has maybe prevented the downloads?

What happens with a download file that is at least a few hundred megabytes in size? The examples in your screenshot show COMPLETED almost immediately upon starting, but that could be size related.

Can you right-click on 'Police Quest 4' on the 'Games' list and select the Manifest -> View Selected Entry option, and then paste the results in a post here.
Post edited November 14, 2022 by Timboli
@Timboli:

Do you have The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition in your account? If so, can you check if adding the game to manifest/downloading it at all through GOGcli GUI is possible? (installation files download without issue through browser)

This is the output shown in terminal when trying either option:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
[manifest writer] Generating/Updating manifest for 1 games
[sdk] getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_of_the_year_edition_game/en1installer 11) -> body retrieval error: unexpected EOF. Will retry.
[sdk] getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_of_the_year_edition_game/en1installer 11) -> body retrieval error: unexpected EOF. Will retry.

...and same message prints for quite a while. Upon closing the terminal, this pops up: "Retrieval failed! Error 3" for manifest, "Retrieval failed" and "Game data could not be found" for downloading.

Adding/downloading other Witcher games or other games I tried works without issue.
Post edited November 29, 2022 by McFirson
McFirson: ........
Hello McFirson.

I did not yet have The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition in my manifest, though I do own it at GOG.

I just added it to the manifest, and got no errors.

What version of my GUI and gogcli.exe are you using?
I am using GOGcli GUI v3.5 and version v0.21.0 of gogcli.exe.

If you are using an earlier version of either, you will likely get errors with some games.

P.S. Also note, that while GOG have a big sale on, at certain times you may get errors due to the load on their servers, especially if a game has a lot of download links.
Post edited November 30, 2022 by Timboli
GOGcli GUI has been updated to v3.7.

DOWNLOAD - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI/releases/tag/v3.7

Of additional note, is a text file called 'How I use GOGcli GUI after every purchase etc.txt'. It can be found on the main GitHub page for my GUI program.

MAIN PAGE - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI

Screenshots and other instructions and notes can be found in the Releases section at GitHub.

RELEASES - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI/releases

There is also a Tutorial in the Wiki.

WIKI - https://github.com/Twombs/GOGcli-GUI/wiki
Post edited March 04, 2023 by Timboli
McFirson: ........
Timboli: ...
Sorry for not responding in timely fashion. When I wrote my first message, I had an honest attention to first try different versions of gogcli and gogcliGUI, see if anything changes and then respond to you. But afterwards I couldn't spare time to do the intended "project" and as usual with similar things, the topic of backing up games went into the secondary "to-do" list, and then pushed.

I'll try to cover as many topics in this post as shortly as possible, this is kind of balance between "spam the thread with multiple posts, after getting response from you" and "write a bloody novel". (it seems I failed at "don't write a bloody novel)

So, the problem persists on my end - adding/downloading some specific games by hand or using "Download All" manifest button, the result is the same - there are errors that don't seem quite right.

Everything was working up until some point, I can only guess issues started after first quarter of 2022, when I first posted in your thread. That's when I had plans to start backing up games, bought hard drives, but again - it took secondary priority until now. I didn't use gogcli GUI for a while, until end of November 2022.

I'm quite sure something is going on with gogcli or worse case and might be more likely, my library.

Versions I tried with:
GOGcli GUI v2.8, v3.4, v3.5, v3.7, combined with gogcli v0.17.2 (first version I ever used, way back when there were no such issues), v0.20 and v0.21.

Even running gogcli by itself, different versions, for a single game, without GUI, fails.

This is the error output when I try to add "140" to the manifest by using either method (it's the first game in my list):
[manifest writer] Generating/Updating manifest for 3 games
[manifest writer] Got all info on game with id 1096313866. 2 games left to process
[manifest writer] Got all info on game with id 1440426004. 1 games left to process
[sdk] getDownloadFileInfo(downloadPath=/downloads/earth_2140_trilogy/4443) -> body retrieval error: unexpected EOF. Will retry.

And it goes on like this. After closing the terminal by hand small window pops up with message "Retrieval failed! Error 3".
What does "Earth 2140 Trilogy" have to do with "140"?

When I start Download ALL manifest from next game in line "15 days", that goes without a hitch until next game produces an issue.

Some games, like 7.62 Hard Life and 7.62 High Calibre, produced issues, but were added to manifest after a while. Log file doesn't give info if there was an issue, just if the game was added or not:

2023-03-15 22:52:36 : GET MANIFEST - 7.62 High Calibre
2023-03-15 22:53:10 : ADD to manifest.

2023-03-15 23:21:28 : GET MANIFEST - Atlantis: The Lost Tales
2023-03-15 23:24:31 : MANIFEST Retrieval FAILED.

2023-03-17 01:08:41 : Get MANIFEST For ALL.
2023-03-17 01:08:41 : GET MANIFEST - 140
2023-03-17 01:09:17 : MANIFEST Retrieval FAILED.

How I installed Gogcli and GUI up until now - unzip into a new folder in this path C:\GOG\New (GUI version number).
When Cookie file is created, I open older Cookie file and copy/paste into new one.

Unzipping gogcli and GUI into a different path or drive doesn't change the behavior.

If something is wrong with my library, do you have any idea what to do about it?

If you want, I can direct this to Magnitus thread, as it doesn't seem an issue with GUI.