It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was wondering what was going to happen with the winter sale coming so close to Cyberpunk's release. Either event will hammer GOG's servers, plus the Cyberpunk release will draw way more people in for longer. By the time folks come up for air, the sale may be over. Still, there's a substantial number of gamers that either don't have the money to spend on a single game like that, don't have the system to run it as well, just plain aren't interested, or are waiting for any number of other reasons. I think the sale won't start until the Wednesday after at the earliest (the 2019 sale started on a Wednesday). Also, for an interesting read, check on the behind-the-scenes stuff GOG wrote about last year's sale:
https://www.gog.com/news/a_look_back_at_the_2019_winter_sale
SCPM: I was wondering what was going to happen with the winter sale coming so close to Cyberpunk's release. Either event will hammer GOG's servers, plus the Cyberpunk release will draw way more people in for longer. By the time folks come up for air, the sale may be over. Still, there's a substantial number of gamers that either don't have the money to spend on a single game like that, don't have the system to run it as well, just plain aren't interested, or are waiting for any number of other reasons. I think the sale won't start until the Wednesday after at the earliest (the 2019 sale started on a Wednesday). Also, for an interesting read, check on the behind-the-scenes stuff GOG wrote about last year's sale:
https://www.gog.com/news/a_look_back_at_the_2019_winter_sale
If I am not wrong last year was busy on winter sale as well so they rented more servers...So I assume that they will do the same this year...at least for December-January + this week they might even allow users to pre load the game.
Post edited December 01, 2020 by alexandros050
I can imagine a lot of Samurais, which want to burn servers on the first day. They must be prepared well for this for sure.
Post edited December 01, 2020 by erbello
erbello: Look at this post about 2019 Winter Sale.

It says:

Dec11 • NEWS: The Winter Sale is live! Get 2500+ deals up to -95%
erbello: So indeed, it's very likely Winter Sale can begin so early on Dec 10 this year too, as you say :)
My guess is the Winter Sale will start on Friday, December 11th.
Weekly Sale started today ends as usual, next Monday, December 14th. I'm not sure if that means something (nothing special in big sales parallel to smaller ones), but last big sale starting Friday was preceded by shortened Weekly Sale...

I'm starting to think that we're going to have a C2077-focused event during this weekend and Winter Sale will start next week (it's still a week before Steam sale).
Price matrix has been updated.
Sale ahead, captain! B)
ciemnogrodzianin: Price matrix has been updated.
Sale ahead, captain! B)
a day ahead of CP2077 launch? Brave plans :P
Post edited December 08, 2020 by SylvanFae
SylvanFae:
C2077 goes first, of course. I'd rather guess it'll be followed by (related somehow) GOG Winter Sale. I don't know the exact date, but I think we can assume it's no more than a few days left.
SylvanFae:
ciemnogrodzianin: C2077 goes first, of course. I'd rather guess it'll be followed by (related somehow) GOG Winter Sale. I don't know the exact date, but I think we can assume it's no more than a few days left.
Midweek sale up
Don't know what to think now.
Midweek sale only goes 3days.
RPGler: Midweek sale only goes 3days.
Midweek sales always end on Saturday.
Really? Ups. My bad. '^^
My guess, Winter Sale begins on Monday.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Mafwek
With Weekly Sale started today and price matrix updated this week – it looked like the most probable scenario is just launching Winter Sale on Monday. But there is this strange date the current Weekly Sale ends (Wednesday 16/12 instead of Monday 14/12). Perhaps it's just a small mistake or perhaps the next Wednesday is important for some reason... :)
ciemnogrodzianin: With Weekly Sale started today and price matrix updated this week – it looked like the most probable scenario is just launching Winter Sale on Monday. But there is this strange date the current Weekly Sale ends (Wednesday 16/12 instead of Monday 14/12). Perhaps it's just a small mistake or perhaps the next Wednesday is important for some reason... :)
I think you mean Weekend, not Weekly, in both places.