It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
devoras: Perfectly true one. I had an amazingly diverse group of friends from all races and genders, it wasn't a big deal, we didn't even see ourselves as being any different based on our heritage. We just enjoyed each other's company, we were just people, friends, it didn't matter what we looked like. We didn't try to change each other, there was just acceptance and valuing each person's individuality. The color of our skin was irrelevant in class, only our ability mattered. That was true, natural diversity; not the twisted mutated divisive version of it being used to try and take down free society these days.
GreasyDogMeat: This. I think a defining moment where I realized how much I despised far left wing regressives, SJWs or whatever you want to call them, was when they started claiming that living "color-blind" was a form of racism and that black people couldn't be racist because they'd now redefined the word to "power + privilege".
My big awakening was when I saw them semi-violently protesting against free speech(protesting people having rational discussions and engaging in critical thinking, no less) at universities earlier this year, it's a bizarre thing to protest against free thinking. But in the context of gaming, they have redefined sexism to the point where all men are inherently sexist(which is ironically a sexist thing for them to say). I like looking at attractive women; that's enough to label me as sexist under their definitions, so they can wrongly claim misogony as some of those journalists are doing. Sexism and racism used to mean something bad, as in legitimate discrimination against people based on sex or race. Now it just means being a man, or being someone who doesn't see race, or in extreme cases someone who doesn't agree with their oppressive ideology or opinions.

Dividing people up based on race or gender as they do is actively engaging in the racism and sexism they're supposedly against. These people are the most bigoted, most actual racist and sexist people I've ever known in my life. How about they be actually progressive instead of regressive, stop judging people and their position in society based on superficial physical characteristics, and instead judge them as individuals and on individual merit? It seems to me the best way to get rid of racism is to stop dividing people up into different races and come together as human beings.
low rated
deleted
Post edited July 25, 2018 by Fairfox
high rated
Fairfox: snip
Funny that yet another person comes to the thread to start an argument by attacking those posting in the thread and not discussing the Tweet itself. It's hard to take someone seriously when they talk of intolerance and use terms such as "man-tears" in the same post. That term seems to be clearly sexist and a direct affront to the gender of the posters.

In related news, I see that Destructoid posted an article about the upcoming FEZ removal referencing the tweet. It's good to see that Destructoid is acknowledging that Gamergate started on the day game journalists colluded to attack "gamers" through multiple stories released on two consecutive days. This essentially proves that Gamergate started as a counter-movement.

Of course they "conveniently" forget to mention these "Gamers are Dead" articles, which is the real reason that date is significant. As game journalists colluded to cast shade on "the typical gamer" through a combined effort to name-call a significant portion of their own readership.
RWarehall: In related news, I see that Destructoid posted an article about the upcoming FEZ removal referencing the tweet.
A lot of us saw this coming from a mile away right after GOG decided to grovel at their feet, the regressives have smelled the blood and will keep coming back for more and more.
low rated
devoras: Perfectly true one. I had an amazingly diverse group of friends from all races and genders, it wasn't a big deal, we didn't even see ourselves as being any different based on our heritage. We just enjoyed each other's company, we were just people, friends, it didn't matter what we looked like. We didn't try to change each other, there was just acceptance and valuing each person's individuality. The color of our skin was irrelevant in class, only our ability mattered. That was true, natural diversity; not the twisted mutated divisive version of it being used to try and take down free society these days.
GreasyDogMeat: This. I think a defining moment where I realized how much I despised far left wing regressives, SJWs or whatever you want to call them, was when they started claiming that living "color-blind" was a form of racism and that black people couldn't be racist because they'd now redefined the word to "power + privilege".
I cant fucking stand them either. and GOG caved in all because of a goddamn post. Its fucking pathetic and just shows that we are cowards. well, im not. They wont dare challenge me because of my courage and my spirit of patriotism will make them flee. GOG needs to not reply to these people and just move on. the SJWs have no lives, Live in their mothers basement which is a sad fact and get 15 dollars per hour jobs, thinking that that they get everything for free. Mindless fools.
low rated
Yeshu: Fun fact. The people who used to be vocal about how GG was a hate movement where also the same people that later would write how the Witcher series is sexist and racist.
OH MY GOD THESE SWINE.

Fun fact. The people who used to be vocal how GG was about ethics in journalism helped make a fascist, lying, choleric, illiterate, treasonous, incestuous, pedophile sexual predator the most powerful man in the world. Look through this thread for all the proof to the rock solid connection you'd ever need (though of course, a trip to 8chan and KiA will give you more evidence you could swallow).

I dunno man. I'd rather criticise The Witcher for overt sexism than participate in gamergate's stochastic terrorism. Apparently the few articles that dared to even speak about these issues for TW3, despite the still raging gamergate terror, still gave very high marks to the game. And why wouldn't they. These are great games despite the obvious problems.

Apparently according to gamergate ideology, no one is allowed to criticise details of the media he or she loves. It's an un-gamer thing to do from the look of things, it earns you total ostracism and, of course, death threats. Apparently the love for the developer and his works has to be unconditional until of course he "locks his game at 30fps", "treats GOG customers like second class citizens", "said WE were a hate mob" or, le gasp, "shoves SJW stuff in his games" (which today basically means "the author wasn't a sociopath and/or actually understands what he/she is doing").

Want games treated as art?
That's what journalists who skillfully criticise the narrative actually do.

Want games to be treated as worthless trash that fucks up the youth?
Attack and silence the journalists who treat and criticise games like art.

Gamergate had nothing to teach journalists about ethics. The only thing gamergate taught them was that slander makes the mob like you, and rejection of the collective cultural suicide paints a target on your back. It is literally the only thing gamergate taught. And still does right here, this time against GOG officials.

I guess as the mob rages on in this thread, they now understand they made the right decision.
Post edited July 25, 2018 by Vainamoinen
low rated
deleted
Yeshu: Fun fact. The people who used to be vocal about how GG was a hate movement where also the same people that later would write how the Witcher series is sexist and racist.
Vainamoinen: OH MY GOD THESE SWINE.

Fun fact. The people who used to be vocal how GG was about ethics in journalism helped make a fascist, lying, choleric, illiterate, incestuous, pedophile sexual predator the most powerful man in the world. Look through this thread for all the proof to the rock solid connection you'd ever need (though of course, a trip to 8chan and KiA will give you more evidence you could swallow).

I dunno man. I'd rather criticise The Witcher for overt sexism than participate in gamergate's stochastic terrorism. Apparently the few articles that dared to even speak about these issues for TW3, considering the still raging gamergate terror, still gave very high marks to the game. And why wouldn't they. These are great games despite the obvious problems.

Apparently according to gamergate ideology, no one is allowed to criticise details of the media he or she loves. It's an un-gamer thing to do from the look of things, it earns you total ostracism and, of course, death threats. Apparently the love for the developer and his works has to be unconditional until of course he "locks his game at 30fps", "treats GOG customers like second class citizens", "said WE were a hate mob" or, le gasp, "shoves SJW stuff in his games" (which today basically means "the author wasn't a sociopath and/or actually understands what he/she is doing").

Want games treated as art? That's what journalists who skillfully criticise the narrative actually do. Want games to be treated as cultural trash that fucks up the youth? Attack and silence the journalists who treat and criticise games like art.

Gamergate had nothing to teach journalists about ethics. The only thing gamergate taught them was that slander makes the mob like you, and rejection of the collective cultural suicide paints a target on your back. It is literally the only thing gamergate taught. And still does right here, this time against GOG officials.

I guess as the mob rages on in this thread, they now understand they made the right decision.
Please provide evidence for your claims about said person of being a fascist, lying, choleric, illiterate, incestuous, pedophile sexual predator. As in actual evidence and not a angry "progressive" blog post. Can't do it? What a shame. It's almost as if you made all that up or parroting others hateful rants, while not checking the facts about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J13UBjmoPfs&t

Also, you seam to mix up what GG stand for. It was the game journalists that had a hissy fit over criticizing there work ethics. They where the rage mob that attacked first and later waved the victim card and later made up lies about it all being women hating, racist white males.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYJ0idbQlU&t

"Never Satisfied: Why Apologizing To SJWs Is Useless":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpQBREBDfQ
Post edited July 25, 2018 by Yeshu
low rated
deleted
high rated
Vainamoinen: I guess as the mob rages on in this thread, they now understand they made the right decision.
This coming from someone who doxxed another forum member. You kinda lost any moral high ground here when you did that.
high rated
Vainamoinen: I dunno man. I'd rather criticise The Witcher for overt sexism than participate in gamergate's stochastic terrorism. Apparently the few articles that dared to even speak about these issues for TW3, despite the still raging gamergate terror, still gave very high marks to the game. And why wouldn't they. These are great games despite the obvious problems.
They absolutely do have the right to criticize something, they have free speech, but they're not free from the harm to their own reputation if they criticize a game for something silly. They're also not immune to criticism of their criticism(though noone should take it too far and harass anyone on either side). They must have played a different version of The Witcher than I did, because there was no sexism in my version, overt or otherwise.

Imagine a gaming journalist criticizing a game for not using the color blue enough, and they went through counting all the places they used a different color instead of blue, and all the missed opportunities to add the color blue to the game(ie. this light that they used is green, it would have been a good opportunity to use a blue light because the green color is overused). That's what these arbitrary claims of sexism in games that aren't sexist usually sound like to normal people. It's irrelevant to the game and most people don't see the problem.

Vainamoinen: Want games treated as art?
That's what journalists who skillfully criticise the narrative actually do.

Want games to be treated as worthless trash that fucks up the youth?
Attack and silence the journalists who treat and criticise games like art.
I would prefer we treat games like games, without the need to worry about using them to fight some misplaced cultural crusade or to defend against it. Let the free market decide what people want to play, stop trying to control people and you'll stop having so much pushback, let them be entertained and just enjoy what they enjoy.
low rated
I cant believe that alot of people's posts including mine are downvoted. Gotta be the work of pissed off snowflakes.
high rated
devoras: They absolutely do have the right to criticize something, they have free speech, but they're not free from the harm to their own reputation if they criticize a game for something silly. They're also not immune to criticism of their criticism(though noone should take it too far and harass anyone on either side).
^This. I stopped to respect and listen to people who say that they are fighting for social justice after I saw that anyone who disagrees with them is branded as racist, sexist, nazi and so on. And any critisism that questions their worldview is considered harrassment.
Vainamoinen: I dunno man. I'd rather criticise The Witcher for overt sexism than participate in gamergate's stochastic terrorism. Apparently the few articles that dared to even speak about these issues for TW3, despite the still raging gamergate terror, still gave very high marks to the game. And why wouldn't they. These are great games despite the obvious problems.
devoras: They absolutely do have the right to criticize something, they have free speech, but they're not free from the harm to their own reputation if they criticize a game for something silly. They're also not immune to criticism of their criticism(though noone should take it too far and harass anyone on either side). They must have played a different version of The Witcher than I did, because there was no sexism in my version, overt or otherwise.

Imagine a gaming journalist criticizing a game for not using the color blue enough, and they went through counting all the places they used a different color instead of blue, and all the missed opportunities to add the color blue to the game(ie. this light that they used is green, it would have been a good opportunity to use a blue light because the green color is overused). That's what these arbitrary claims of sexism in games that aren't sexist usually sound like to normal people. It's irrelevant to the game and most people don't see the problem.
He has been houding the thread since the initial pages full of name calling , guilty by allegation arguments. Some think if they display enough bile and straw men often enough they become convincing.

Vainamoinen: I guess as the mob rages on in this thread, they now understand they made the right decision.
tremere110: This coming from someone who doxxed another forum member. You kinda lost any moral high ground here when you did that.
He did? Its that allowed in here?

PS I take you are a Vampire Rpg fan
Post edited July 25, 2018 by Neothanos
Vainamoinen: Apparently according to gamergate ideology, no one is allowed to criticise details of the media he or she loves. It's an un-gamer thing to do from the look of things, it earns you total ostracism and, of course, death threats. Apparently the love for the developer and his works has to be unconditional until of course he "locks his game at 30fps", "treats GOG customers like second class citizens", "said WE were a hate mob" or, le gasp, "shoves SJW stuff in his games" (which today basically means "the author wasn't a sociopath and/or actually understands what he/she is doing").
Is there any reason to jump down this particular throat yet again? The last two times you brought up this mix in a disparaging way, I decided to let it slide. But third time‘s the charm, so here goes...

The thread that corresponds to this mix stands at over 1400 posts now. It should be fairly obvious to anyone that I put considerable time and effort into this mix. It is a community effort. Everyone is welcome to contribute - even you! If you have feedback about the general direction of the mix/thread or feel that games have been included for no good reason, my ears are open. Everyone who frequents that thread should be able to confirm that I try to be fair and even handed about including/removing games from the list and try to afford developers every leniency - this applies to indie devs in particular.

It should therefore stand to reason that I do NOT appreciate this mix being used as a throwaway illustration in your tiresome Anti-Gamergate rants.

Consider this a friendly warning, next time I shall take your obvious flame-baiting up with the moderators.