It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lord_Kane: Sorta, but not completely, just remember that man.
:) been a while!
Upvoted!

Yep, since the last GOG bungling. The frequency seems to be increasing, and the intervals decreasing.

Gonna be a helluva new year, at this rate! :D
high rated
WinterSnowfall: Ok, we get it... GOG did not handle this well, you're all upset about it. What now? Should they apologize to you about the original apology? Do you think that won't make other people go ballistic?

And last but not least: wouldn't it be more productive to just stop this nonsense and enjoy life for a bit, give GOG some time to reflect on what they did or did not do properly?

Linko90: Are you sad to see the GOG Forums has a moderator? That's quite worrying. Stick to the rules, be civil, and you'll be fine. It's really not complicated and i have faith you'll be fine.
WinterSnowfall: To be honest, I would not worry. Between you and me I think some people want to be punished and not fine :P.
Possible answer:

"Hey guys!
Our last Tweet managed to ruffle some feathers do to controversial subject maters.

We want to assure you any negative connotations where not intentional and mostly came from not having a full view on the situation.

We will be working to avoid these kind of situations in the future.

Best wishes to all our fans and may you find some grate games here on GOG!"

Completely neutral and to the point.
Finishing the subject and moving on.
Lord_Kane: do you have a link to the resetra posts?
Here you go.

It's nothing spicy, just a reiteration of the tweet. But given where it was posted, and this whole "We had no idea what pissing on the grave of games journalism with the 2014 date referred to, honest! If only we knew we would have never done it" attitude is a little bit... meh.
takamina: Does it ultimately matter how long it takes for people to get bored of the discussion? 2 days is nothing and I honestly can't see your point.
Fair enough, keep at it then :). A friendly advice though, and I do not jest this time round: just remember that time is one of those things no one can turn back, so make sure it's well spent.
Post edited July 20, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
Lord_Kane: do you have a link to the resetra posts?
ivanivanov123: Here you go.

It's nothing spicy, just a reiteration of the tweet. But given where it was posted, and this whole "We had no idea what pissing on the grave of games journalism with the 2014 date referred to, honest! If only we knew we would have never done it" attitude is a little bit... meh.
Thank you. I wasnt looking to damn or redeem gog, I just want a clearer picture of the situation, basically I think GOG shouldnt have deleted the tweet, I think the apology was ill worded, but for me I just view this as another PR disaster (GoG has been through several of these), still going to use the site, buy games from here etc. I just want to have clarity.
takamina: Does it ultimately matter how long it takes for people to get bored of the discussion? 2 days is nothing and I honestly can't see your point.
WinterSnowfall: Fair enough, keep at it then :). A friendly advice though, and I do not jest this time round: just remember that time is one of those thing no one can turn back, so make sure it's well spent.
"He says, while typing another comment and waiting for an answer to type the next one."
Yeshu: Completely neutral and to the point.
Yeah, I like your version better to be honest, but we're only lingering on the past now. GOG's PR is hardly known to be stellar, though in general they mean well. Here's to hoping they learn from their mistakes.
WinterSnowfall: Fair enough, keep at it then :). A friendly advice though, and I do not jest this time round: just remember that time is one of those thing no one can turn back, so make sure it's well spent.
You don't have to worry about me, I can most certainly assure you one thing and that is I spend my time very efficiently. If I could be playing Automation instead of posting here right now, I would be.
Yeshu: "He says, while typing another comment and waiting for an answer to type the next one."
"While he is just about done with this bloody thread, but this guy keeps pestering him into writing another useless post" :P
low rated
tinyE: does anyone have the Cliff Notes for that? :P
madcowtw: Paragraph 1: The left is acting like the right used to.

Paragraph 2: Whomever is currently accusing the other side of hate is most likely just projecting their own.

Paragraph 3: The journalists are the most guilty of the above.

Paragraph 4: GoG is terrified of the accusations being made against them.

Paragraph 5: You reap what you sow.

Paragraph 6: Money speaks the loudest.

Paragraph 7: Apologies will never be enough.

Paragraph 8: No GoG is an island, a GoG divided can not stand.
I think you could have summed that up with one word: BULLSHIT :P
madcowtw: Paragraph 1: The left is acting like the right used to.

Paragraph 2: Whomever is currently accusing the other side of hate is most likely just projecting their own.

Paragraph 3: The journalists are the most guilty of the above.

Paragraph 4: GoG is terrified of the accusations being made against them.

Paragraph 5: You reap what you sow.

Paragraph 6: Money speaks the loudest.

Paragraph 7: Apologies will never be enough.

Paragraph 8: No GoG is an island, a GoG divided can not stand.
tinyE: I think you could have summed that up with one word: BULLSHIT :P
Curious. Which parts are bullshit?
Yeshu: Possible answer:

"Hey guys!
Our last Tweet managed to ruffle some feathers do to controversial subject maters.

We want to assure you any negative connotations where not intentional and mostly came from not having a full view on the situation.

We will be working to avoid these kind of situations in the future.

Best wishes to all our fans and may you find some grate games here on GOG!"

Completely neutral and to the point.
You know if you keep telling them how to do their job they'll just reject it and do something else, otherwise it'd look unprofessional and bad for their cv. Not to mention copyrights ;D
As such you just removed 1 way for them to get out of the situation.
PoppyAppletree: You seem to be missing the part when trolls who weren't clear-cut enough to just be banned began to make the forum progressively less tolerable, driving out many older and well-regarded forumites.
What forum members would that be? I only recall some people flouncing because they didn't get the type of censorship they wanted.
please sign my petition to make gamers a protected class
low rated
deleted