It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: OMGOMGOMG!
yogsloth: Heya, Prof. Little Blue Monkey.

Get off yer stupid scum-infested wagon.
lol

ok, back. I skimmed quick and saw your cliff notes request. I'll post my own (and will trrrrrry to stay brief), but I think that might help lay it out a bit.

Plus, and you wouldn't know anything about this, but I have this tendency to be a sucker for ambitious role claims.

I do see the argument for lynching her, but I don't have cristi as wolfy (meh in certain ways, but not wolfy), and...that claim is really tempting, esp. with the Miller confirmed.
bler144: OMGOMGOMG!

At first glance I thought I'd opened the wrong thread. awesome

supposed to be working from home for another hour, but...will probably procrastinate instead and catch up in a few.
And here you thought the game had lost interest LOL
Helpfully Unhelpful Summary:

D1 wagons (ZFR/SPF) look either T/T or maybe W/W. Can’t totally rule out bad play, but either of those wagons could (and should have) been pushed earlier or finished off since both were in at least possible danger the last 48 hours, but neither was. Late fire drill to cristi was driven primarily but Vitek’s insistence that she was wolfy primarily for pushing flub over the cylon/pylon avatar bit.

ZFR town-sorted based primarily on these two posts:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post341

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post542

That relies heavily on an interaction they had in the sign-up thread. Ok, so it’s crap, but in this game…that constitutes significant! Plus Vitek was hard-sorting ZFR as town from the start, and as soon as I voted to take ZFR to L-2 about 72 hours before deadline, Trent decided it was time to hard-sort ZFR as “frustrated townie” and everything stalled until a late push to make any decision at all.

Town also collectively shot itself in the foot by waiting til late EOD to really make any push, and the combo of SPF’s role claim and too many people hard-reading ZFR meant neither went down. The push on cristi was very late and a number of people weren't present or were uncomfortable (myself) pushing a 3rd claim with no time to consider it anyway.

Your slot (for HSL not voting in time), plus cristi’s (for not claiming at L-2 with 3 minutes to go, yelling at town for not actually lynching the claimed VT which forced the fire drill, etc.) are eating most of the heat for reasons I consider inane, personally since it was a pretty collectively failure. I'm curious - for post-game - if some of Vitek's posturing was just to make sure he ate the NK, but he wasn't the only absolutist - Trent certainly.

This is also ZFR’s first actual game (he also played a weird setup where he was 3-person mason), and the main reason I rode him D1 is for the sort of stuff you’re picking up, but...at this point it looks like newb!play and not scum!play. Probably. He could certainly still be toaster, though.

Joe and SPF are quite funny and worth the iso for the entertainment, whether or not they reveal much.

Also consider reading the argument between the adaliawyrm slot and damnation roughly posts 280-302 as that was probably the most notable thing in D1 other than the complete unwillingness to move any wagon forward til EOD. Damnation went hard at ZFR and Wyrm took umbrage.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post281

HSL's post about vote tracking in response to adalia is also worth a look:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post678

Welcome aboard!
Thanks bler, whatta guy for putting in effort as if I were actually going to read anything.

OK, I read a little bit

That ZFR/SPR PM talk is just angle-shooty (as they say on MU) so I'm not going to touch it.

Most of the other links just went to blah blah blah.

But damn HSL, that vote tracking is eyebleed material. I would say he was mafia for trying to obfuscate data and do IIOA (Information Instead of Analysis, for those of you not yet over-burdened with Mafia acronyms) if he weren't a) HSL and b) Me
bler... I hope you've finished making your liquorice hat, because if your not cristi's buddy I'll eat it.

I don't think I've ever seen someone put so much effort into derailing a wagon and protecting someone as you have into defending cristi.
And believe me, I've put a lot of effort into protecting people in the past (as town and scum, so I know what I'm talking about).

I particularly like the way you are so casual about. You never seem to actually say you find cristi to be town, but you have low key defended her in one way or another all day.. you've even voted her, but all to quickly jumped off when she claimed.
Going back over last night/today since I know I missed some things skimming this a.m.

trentonlf: What are the odds where in one death and three claims we have 3 power roles and no one is lying their ass off.

The only way to balance... is to give scum some pretty potent stuff, and I sure hope they don't have potent stuff as I am scared as to what that would be.
1) Hard to say without knowing the setup, ain't it? Maybe it's 0%, maybe it's 100%.

2) Scared, you say? That's an....interesting...take.

trentonlf: Another thought I had also was that cristi could be some sort of neutral survivor ...That one is a harder sell as if there is a cop in the game and he ends up dead then cristi would be killed soon after with her claim.
Yeah, that's a very hard sell. Again, if fake-claiming as anything but esp. neutral why not go for commuter? Has the same upside with none of the downside and could've been planned before seeing Vitek's dawn flip.

Lifthrasil: Side note: I agree with adalia that flubb is on the 'will probably not be NK-ed list'. He is kind of scummy and always flubby and is too useful as distraction. His inscrutability always creates confusion and confusion is good for scum.
Apparently I'm the only one paying attention. Ah well.

adaliabooks: I co-modded the infamous Parity Cop game with Vitek, so yeah I know your town game.
But I've learned so much since then!

adaliabooks: You probably look better [if cristi flips town]
Nah, don't give up that easy - you can always spin it around and accuse me of white knighting.

adaliabooks: I will admit I'm not investing as much time into this as I probably could because I know I'm going back out when Bookwyrm returns.
Personally I would think that's all the more reason to cut loose now. /shrug

Lifthrasil: But whatever the case may be, I'm not interested in your lynch today unless it becomes necessary to avoid another no-lynch.
Kind of an odd comment to make to someone sitting at L-7 less than 24 hours to deadline.

I'll lynch you if I have to!!!! Person who is obviously not getting lynched today!!!

Lifthrasil: As I said, if you are town, you are sticking too much to your principle, which doesn't even apply to this case. But if you are scum, you may just have revealed yourself.
Right. So, trent is either town sticking too much to principle, or he's scum that may have just revealed himself.

Definitely one of those. Got it.

SirPrimalform: Not looking for votes, trying to understand your logic. Which I now accept I may never do. :S
;)

brb
I love yogsloth!

I feel like my big sister's cool friend has rocked up out of the blue at 11 at night, raided the cupboards, started making toast, offered me some and called me 'champ'.
Lifthrasil: For example I don't see how a backup cop would offset the false reads of a cop due to Miller and Godfather. A backup cop would get exactly the same false reads as the original cop, after all.
It doesn't change the reads, it's insurance against cop getting killed revealing over incorrect info.

That was the whole point of Bookwyrm's role in the asylum game - he was supposed to get bad info, reveal, and then have to play around it without fatally wounding town in the process. Maybe I'm just more susceptible to the claim having specifically designed a game with this type of handicap / twist to assumptions in mind, IDK.

JoeSapphire: [cristi's claim] I was going to say it's well done, but it's not all that well done if I'm the only one that's convinced by it.

Apparently no one pays attention.

yogsloth: What up people.

Hard-claim Neutral Bulletproof Berzerker.

Cliffs please.
LAL

I'd say I'd be disappointed if you weren't Town Bulletproof Berzerker, but that actually happens to be my role, so I find your claim suspicious.

yogsloth: Aha, well, there you go.

I guess having actually read the game provides some sort of advantage.
Hasn't helped us so far. So jury is still out on that theory.

adaliabooks: bler... I hope you've finished making your liquorice hat, because if your not cristi's buddy I'll eat it.

I don't think I've ever seen someone put so much effort into derailing a wagon and protecting someone as you have into defending cristi.
And believe me, I've put a lot of effort into protecting people in the past (as town and scum, so I know what I'm talking about).

I particularly like the way you are so casual about. You never seem to actually say you find cristi to be town, but you have low key defended her in one way or another all day.. you've even voted her, but all to quickly jumped off when she claimed.
You would certainly know more about how to play as mafia than I. In twelve or so games I've only drawn the short straw twice. So your advice is well taken for future games.

But, alas, the licorice hat was for HSL, not cristi. I made no hat-related promises regarding cristi that I can recall, but if I'm mistaken please feel free to show otherwise.

In terms of substance, I don't think personally I'm derailing it, and have said I would vote her to get a lynch as I recall. I just really would prefer to lynch you, and this post is exactly why. Way over-exaggerated. And I've defended a number of folks. So yes, this one is casually because she's not particularly a town read, I just think all the arguments leading up to her claim were crap (aside from that she went far enough D1 she needed sorting D2).

For one, I'm not the only one who got off as I recall it, and am still willing to vote her, and for two, how long exactly should I have waited before getting off a claim for discussion/consideration, in your opinion, for it to be townie?

But look, if she does flip scum - and since this is the direction we're clearly going, I hope she does - you can rub it in my face D3 and push me and maybe I can defend and maybe I can't. That's fine. If it comes to it I don't mind trading 1 for 1 at this stage in the game. That's still a win.

But ...gun to my head I still think she doesn't, even if she probably is the play from here.
SirPrimalform: I make that 7 votes, but can we have a votecount to make it official?
The "prison rations aren't great" votecount.

Lynch:

cristigale - 4 (Lifthrasil, adaliaBookwyrms, elebutterfly, Damnation)
adaliaBookwyrms - 3 (cristigale, SirPimalform, bler144)
SirPrimalform - 2 (flubbucket, yogsloth)

Brig:

ZFR - 7 (Lifthrasil, adaliaBookwyrms, ZFR, SirPrimalform, JoeSapphire, trentonlf, yogsloth)
flubbucket - 1 (elebutterfly)

ZFR has been brigged and can no longer vote. The Brig count will be reset. To be unbrigged, ZFR will require a majority voting in favour.

With 11 active players, it takes 6 votes to reach a consensus.

The deadline for the end of Day 2 is Saturday 21st of July at 23:00 UTC, which is 23 hours from now.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by PoppyAppletree
oh he makes trent change his mind he's yogsloth
oh he explains what his acronyms mean he's yogloth
oh he'll lead us all to our death and we'll love it,
murder us in our beds, we'll love it,
hooray hooray hooray
we love it we love it it's yogsloth

JoeSapphire: [cristi's claim] I was going to say it's well done, but it's not all that well done if I'm the only one that's convinced by it.
bler144: ....

Apparently no one pays attention.
I think you're saying I didn't pay attention because I missed the part where you said you believe Cristi's claim. I'm referring here not to the claim in general, but the role title "Crew Lieutenant". Perhaps you did pick that apart already and I didn't pay attention. Sorry.

What you said regarding cristi's claim was "AH RIGHT THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! YADOI!" which I thought was an odd reaction. Were you thinking about "I need time to claim before you lynch me?" or more, or not at all? Is the flubbucket-picture-hunt explained for you by the fact that she's a town deputy? The lack of scumhunting that she's been accused of?

Your most recent post where you say "if she flips scum then I'll accept town being fored to miss-lunch as a overall gain" unsettling too.

^all above quotes are scribed from memory, and may have been corrupted/entirely fabricated.

Hmmmm.... I do like where you compliment how great I am though....

yadoi :p
Ok trent, vote cristi

Cristi is now at Lunch V-1

Is there a context in which that song isn't a good response?
AH! So I probably should have been aware of this already - but unbrigging someone is not as simple as one person stepping of their wagon! Unbrigging is difficult...

HM...

tricky. He's in there now until we vote to unbrig him or replace him. So if we lynch today and there's a nightkill then tomorrow will be a Five-Voter-Lunch. (FVL)

WHICH NOW I'm afraid of the brig again. Let's keep an eye on this situation, sorry Trent I should have listened to you WHY IN ALL HELLS DID WE TRUST YOGSLOTH THE CHILD OF FIRE???
oh we're lunch-minus-one. Is the plan to end the day here?
JoeSapphire: oh we're lunch-minus-one. Is the plan to end the day here?
If you read Trentonlf's posts of the last few hours you'll get the picture. He wants to hammer cristi after she's spoken her last words.
Hmmm...that isn't how I understood the brig either. Curious.

JoeSapphire: oh we're lunch-minus-one. Is the plan to end the day here?
We have 22ish hours and we're pretty much locked into a direction since the only alternative wagon is now L-3.

I don't think there's a rush. Might as well give cristi a chance to show up tonight and lay out anything she wants to say. Or toasterpost, if she prefers, I guess.

Also, anything anybody else wants to add before we close the day.

yogs/cristi/trent really the only folks besides myself likely to be around this eve. Plus mod is presumably off to bed as well, so nothing's going to happen til morning in any case. /shrug