It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: Oh come on. ...
hey, you brought in on yourself. saying with your sad face ( -> screenshot:" :( " <-), that you had thought you were nearly lock town for me. I had to explain why.

mchack: So no way he would've self-resolved.
Bookwyrm627: He did self-resolve. He violated his apparent warning in an obvious fashion, and the result he claimed would happen did not occur. He very clearly displayed that he was lying, so we lynched him.
I lynched him because he was lying with his claim. The other stuff was just cherry on top but not needed anymore.
Also lynching someone is not self-resolving. it's lynching. it's exactly the opposite of self-resolve.

mchack: -also I realized that even though you jumped onto scene right after the claim, you didn't do it before dedo jumped off.
Bookwyrm627: Ah! Curse my eyes! I should have voted for Scene in the two posts between the claim and Dedo's unvote! I might have had as many as 20 minutes, judging by the mod posts with timers! My ancestors will never forgive me!
that's where you got your town points from. Don't spend them all at once.

mchack: and you did take as long as you could to hammer him on D2
Bookwyrm627: *snort* And to think that I got some flak for not letting discussion drift on for another RL day or two.
not from me :) that's also one of your better points that you did in fact at least hammer your buddy.

(anyway, I'm feeling much better now. It just wasn't as fun a game of mafia, having bookwyrm down as town. it doesn't come naturally :P*)

[(*disclaimer: I hope I'm not misunderstood: those jabs I often make are just ingame fun and poking, I don't ever mean the real bookwyrm who is of course awesome!)]
Vitek: I'll be honest. When I first checked I hoped Lift could go with me/Poppy and I'll find something confirming me but I wouldn't dare to point at this (or anything else for that matter) as proof of me being investigated.
Well, it should make it clear he didn't investigated me as scum, but it doesn't show he investigated me as town IMO.

Also there is also very high probability of godfather, right? So I guess it wouldn't matter much anyway.
There is a good chance of a Godfather in the game or possibly a SK that reads as town, are you confessing :)

mchack: I lynched him because he was lying with his claim. The other stuff was just cherry on top but not needed anymore.
Also lynching someone is not self-resolving. it's lynching. it's exactly the opposite of self-resolve.
You had no way of knowing this for 100% sure. Assuming how the mod has composed PM's and using that to lynch someone is very scummy. Tell me, why if you never voted scene on Day 1 or hinted that you thought he was scummy was he your vote out of the block on Day 2 for any other reason than the PM?
ZFR: Is ending the day on a Sunday a good idea? If yes, D3 ends Sunday evening. If not, Monday evening.
I prefer Sunday over Monday.

flubbucket:
Vitek:
Do the both of you have any thoughts about the HSL vs SPF back and forth?

Bookwyrm627: Lift, Post 499: My scenario was missing critical information because I hadn't seen the double post yet.
*shrug* I specifically said I'd only gotten to post 420. As far as my reading progress was concerned, the edit marker hadn't happened yet.
Just to confirm this explicitly: You were behind with reading, were going through the posts sequentially, not scanning ahead at all (other than for confirming L-1), and then you voted based on incomplete / outdated information?

gogtrial34987: Please clarify? Right now you're giving yourself a lot of leeway for finding something scummy in that post at a later point. Was it a specific interaction with someone else in there, was it that I made a catch up post at all, was it something I left out, or what?
Bookwyrm627: Part of it was an impression of laying out a story, as if scum had concocted a theory of events to try and get town to swallow (those last two lines (three sentences, last paragraph, whatever) stand out as an example). Coming right on the heels (in post order) of Mchack's push on Scene didn't help my impression of your post.
Ok, I can see how it could come over like that, yeah. A large part of that post was me explicitly strengthening my case for lynching scene, as I was feeling pretty good about having found actual scum (and I was correct for once!)

If I recall correctly, mchack's post wasn't yet there when I opened the new reply window and took some time to add the final paragraphs, but I wouldn't be able to swear on it.

SirPrimalform: Which post, you mean his D2 vote? Pretty sure the mafia would have started D2 knowing they had to bus scene so I'm not sure that particularly exonerates him even if it doesn't damn him. His reluctance to vote for scene on D1 speaks more IMO, although not as loudly as HSL's outright refusal.
Bookwyrm627: In your mind, does this description of HSL fit anyone else?
After SPF has responded to this, I'd be interested to hear who you were thinking of when you asked the question.

gogtrial34987: An initial look didn't show me any potential breadcrumbing from Lift in his D2 posts about his N1 result. In fact, he almost solely engaged with scene. in #496 he mentioned that posts #405/#406 were not necessarily alignment indicative, engaged a bit with Ixam, and fails to give a ringing endorsement to Vitek. In #499 he engages more extensively with Bookwyrm.
Vitek:
Was this a quote editing failure, or did you intend to respond something to that bit of my #542?

Vitek: Random scene observations:
SS voted SPF right after HSL did at the last minutes of D1 while ahving no previous history of suspecting SPF (in fact said he is quite townee earlier). --> very big amount of town points for SPF no mafia goon should ever be trying to redirect lynch to their buddy from themselves
Given scene's other behaviour, do you feel that can be sufficiently relied upon?

Vitek:
Ixamyakxim: I like this post - like a lot.
Although I agree with you that there's a lot to like in Vitek's post, I dislike that post of yours - like a lot!

Multiple people have been directing questions your way for a Day and a half now, and you're once again blithely ignoring them all. Could you please start treating this as a team game, where you're giving your fellow players something solid to work with?

I'm having to stop myself from giving mchack town points for your vote on him, as I actually agree that the way he jumped onto the scene wagon is a possible scum sign. (You know who also got my attention for that? You!)

trentonlf: Seeing as how he really suspected Poppy on Day 1 and Vitek was really reserved after replacing her I think there's a good chance he investigated Vitek. To me this reads as him clearing Vitek. Anyone else see that as well?
I mentioned that bit in my #542 as "fails to give a ringing endorsement to Vitek". That is, I didn't read it as breadcrumbing; my expectation was that he'd have been more positive if he'd 'town-cleared' (modulo godfather / investigation immune SK) Vitek.

Bookwyrm627: -I'm generally reading Gogtrial as town. She(?) appears to actually be trying to solve the game.
He.

gogtrial34987: Are you content with how swiftly the day ended? Would you in retrospect have wanted it to go on for longer? Or for it to be finished even more swiftly?
Why?
mchack: More swiftly would've been nice. Maybe they wouldn't have caught lift then (but if it really was that interaction with HSL about cops that gave him away, it would have had to be a very, very short day)
Definitely not longer, else (as bookwyrm put it) someone might've gotten cold feet, and maybe scum would've been able to move us to no-lynch or mis-lynch yet. it's only few scum, if we have one by the balls I say lynch as quickly as possible and don't get sidetracked or wait for it to miraculously sort itself out. scum doesn't usually sort itself out.)
I disagree quite a bit (we need to play to win the war, which we do by drawing connections for which every bit of input helps - lynching as swiftly as possible just allows us to win a single fight, but deprives us of information), but all the same I can't see this answer as AI.

Vitek: Also there is also very high probability of godfather, right? So I guess it wouldn't matter much anyway.
Three out of five possible scenarios for scum disposition include one, but they're the lower probability scenarios, so probably a bit less than 50% chance-ish? Maybe someone with statistics knowledge can explain actual probabilities, though I figure we should just operate on the worst case scenario.
mchack: hey, you brought in on yourself. saying with your sad face ( -> screenshot:" :( " <-), that you had thought you were nearly lock town for me. I had to explain why.
Feel free to try and frame me as scum. That's expected and normal. But please try to use better arguments than "You just want the mod to do the work!" That argument is so ridiculous that it is mildly insulting. :O

mchack: I lynched him because he was lying with his claim. The other stuff was just cherry on top but not needed anymore.
His lies are how he self-resolved. We killed him with the lynch, but he self-resolved (revealed his alignment without room for doubt) before we lynched him.

mchack: (anyway, I'm feeling much better now. It just wasn't as fun a game of mafia, having bookwyrm down as town. it doesn't come naturally :P*)
I'm in full agreement. If I drew Innocent Child, it would feel so weird. I'm honestly not sure what I'd do with myself, being unable to hint at a PR or lick the misdirection suicide pill.

mchack: [(*disclaimer: I hope I'm not misunderstood: those jabs I often make are just ingame fun and poking, I don't ever mean the real bookwyrm who is of course awesome!)]
All in fun and games is all in fun and games! :)
Attachments:
trentonlf: There is a good chance of a Godfather in the game or possibly a SK that reads as town, are you confessing :)
Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
I am actually Town Godfather. Town that investigates as town.
It's a terrible curse indeed but so far I have managed.

Nah, what I was saying was that even if we could figure out someone who was investigated as town, me included, we can't take them for confirmed as GF is here even more probable than it is usually.

I am off to lynch myself to bed now.
See ya.
gogtrial34987: Just to confirm this explicitly: You were behind with reading, were going through the posts sequentially, not scanning ahead at all (other than for confirming L-1), and then you voted based on incomplete / outdated information?
Not quite. You can follow what I did by reading my 'status reporting' in my posts. Whether you believe those status reports are true is, of course, up to you.

First, I was late to Day 2.

I got to Post 420 in my catch up and had to stop for awhile.

I had a reply notification (from Trent), so I responded to it to try not to hold other people up too much. Some other people apparently also quoted me, but I didn't see them at the time because I didn't get a notification pointing to their posts.

After replying to Trent, I resumed my catch up. Lift's 424 points out a contradiction in Scene's posts, so I ISO Scene to confirm it. I'm scanning quickly through the ISO and I spot a bit where SPF points out that Scene survived a double post. The direct and obvious lies were enough for me to be fine hammering regardless of whatever else had happened, so I checked his wagon length and hammered because it was long enough.

gogtrial34987: He.
Dang it.

Vitek: I am off to lynch myself to bed now.
See ya.
No vote? Bad dreams for you!!
gogtrial34987: ...........

Vitek:
gogtrial34987: Do the both of you have any thoughts about the HSL vs SPF back and forth?

You do know Vitek and I are no longer married right??

The lion's share of it seems like town vs town. But I've often had difficulty deciphering HypersomniacLive's scum game.

Bookwyrm627: ..........

If I drew Innocent Child, it would feel so weird. I'm honestly not sure what I'd do with myself, being unable to hint at a PR or lick the misdirection suicide pill.

It's not an easy role for me to play. I rolled it once years ago. It was on another site and IIRC was a 20+ player game.

But I digress.

The cartoon was awesome!
^This ^ fucked ^ up ^ post ^ bugs ^ me ^ too ^ much.
flubbucket: The cartoon was awesome!
He even made sure to draw himself a bigger penis.
flubbucket: The cartoon was awesome!
ZFR: He even made sure to draw himself a bigger penis.
Lulz
trentonlf: You had no way of knowing this for 100% sure. Assuming how the mod has composed PM's and using that to lynch someone is very scummy. Tell me, why if you never voted scene on Day 1 or hinted that you thought he was scummy was he your vote out of the block on Day 2 for any other reason than the PM?
It stands to reason if you look at how the example pm is copy pasted that every other PM is, too. pretty much at least.
The reason I haven't voted him on D1 is I didn't find him scummy before the claim. And after the claim I only had a few minutes to skim because I was at work and took the pm claim at face value without comparing it to my own, the example pm nor the c9++ document. But I did compare at night while catching up on all I missed during work and formed my opinion of the claim being completely and obviously false and voted accordingly right at the start of day.

Voting someone on grounds of pm, is not inherently scummy I think. It might be game breaking sometimes, but not in this case since all the info used is available to everyone at game start, so nothing he didn't know about when claiming.
If he had just claimed "Town Doctor" without the rest of the pm (that he even claimed to have copy pasted) or at least copy pasted the relevant stuff from the setup doc, I'd probably have believed him. Because why not. At least there would have been nothing obvious to prove him liar. But he chose to do it the way he did and got lynched for it.

next time he'll be wiser and fakeclaim better. Live and learn.

---

Bookwyrm627: All in fun and games is all in fun and games! :)
indeed. nice photostory :D love it. It goes into my mafia memorabilia folder...
mchack: More swiftly would've been nice....
gogtrial34987: I disagree quite a bit (we need to play to win the war, which we do by drawing connections for which every bit of input helps - lynching as swiftly as possible just allows us to win a single fight, but deprives us of information), but all the same I can't see this answer as AI.
hm. does really every bit help? How about distractions? How about whatsitcalled... [url=" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster" ] filibustering [/url]? Or muddying the waters? or all those expressions that suggest that it's possible to misdirect town by talking a lot. not all information is equally useful and I stand by my assertion that if we have found scum we should lynch it and not wait and see if he can't wriggle out again by talking us down.
Maybe it's just because you're so analytical and observant but my brain does lose older information if presented with a lot of new information after a while. I can see myself getting distracted by lot's and lot's of ongoing discussions.

Sure if we don't have lock scum, as is the case today, then more talk is better than less. But yesterday? not so much. I really felt HSLs endless stream of questions in every direction and corner where there to distract from lynching scene. Finding something else, someone you could sort out first, because scene might self-resolve someday anyway.
gogtrial34987: Do the both of you have any thoughts about the HSL vs SPF back and forth?
That they seem to nitpick anything the other one says and I I mostly tend to filter their conversation out of my mind.
I looked at HSL posts and I agree with what people said that he is asking a lot of question but brings very little of his own and doesn't seem to draw conclusions so while he might seem pro-town it doesn't contain much of actual scum-hunting.
I have very little experience with HSL so it is bit hard for me to say if it differs from his town play but it gives me impression of scum play for sure.
It is also true he addressed scene quite a lot, often in manner of "you are not doing this right, you should get better" giving a impression of coaching.

gogtrial34987: Was this a quote editing failure, or did you intend to respond something to that bit of my #542?
I believe I forgot to delete it when was addressing the other part of your post.

gogtrial34987: Given scene's other behaviour, do you feel that can be sufficiently relied upon?
Yeah, I think it could. While scene might not be on top of his play yet, I don't think he is crazy (or at least not crazier than the rest of us) and I believe he would be wise enough to not switch from town (me) to his buddy.

gogtrial34987: Three out of five possible scenarios for scum disposition include one, but they're the lower probability scenarios, so probably a bit less than 50% chance-ish? Maybe someone with statistics knowledge can explain actual probabilities, though I figure we should just operate on the worst case scenario.
I have no idea why are some scenarios more likely than others. What I know is that it is out of scope of my interest.

Bookwyrm627: *Peanuts*
You are too gifted to waste your time with us. Go and become famous!
I also checked Joe's posts and it is one big meh full of more meh and nulls.

What stood out was that last time Joe provided something I could call more coherent reads was somewhere in the middle of D1. Joe, the biggest reads lover in the entire universe.
Since then it is a lot of questions, some reactions to questions of others and sometimes some side-mention of thing Joe finds odd and seem to rarely lack any follow-up.
Our mod has the second most post of all people participating in this game.