It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There hasn't been any more discussion about the deadline, so here's my decision: due to the concerns from our European players, I'll bring the deadline forward by an hour (23:00 UTC). I'm unwilling to move further due to the effects on American players such as bler. As noted in the game thread, should anyone require an extension to the game day, please let me know before the final day of the current deadline (Thursday).
While I understand, and am sympathetic to bler144's situation, a 23:00 UTC deadline means that I won't be able to be around for EoD2 and onward. If people think this is unacceptable, I'm willing to be subbed out.
HypersomniacLive: While I understand, and am sympathetic to bler144's situation, a 23:00 UTC deadline means that I won't be able to be around for EoD2 and onward. If people think this is unacceptable, I'm willing to be subbed out.
I'd like to remind you that there is no obligation for players to wait until the last minute to reach a consensus.
Post edited July 17, 2018 by PoppyAppletree
Thank you. But unless I'm terribly mistaken, EoD isn't just the very last minute(s). Anyway.

On a side note, I'd like to give my fellow players a heads up that I won't be around on Mon, Jul 23 at all.
HypersomniacLive: While I understand, and am sympathetic to bler144's situation, a 23:00 UTC deadline means that I won't be able to be around for EoD2 and onward. If people think this is unacceptable, I'm willing to be subbed out.
I don't expect anyone to stay up till 2 in the morning if that happens to be when the EoD is and I would bet no one else does either. Real life comes before mafia and I don't think that means you would need to be subbed out. Plus, I would miss your analysis in the game as you often see things I miss :)
trentonlf has requested a replacement, should anyone be interested.
Awww, trent :(

Hope things go okay IRL!

PoppyAppletree: There hasn't been any more discussion about the deadline, so here's my decision: due to the concerns from our European players, I'll bring the deadline forward by an hour (23:00 UTC). I'm unwilling to move further due to the effects on American players such as bler. As noted in the game thread, should anyone require an extension to the game day, please let me know before the final day of the current deadline (Thursday).
I hesitate to get involved but I was specifically named - it makes no difference to me if it's 20 UTC vs. 23 UTC. 98% chance I won't be there either way. I can't speak for other US players. /shrug
Requesting a replacement.
HypersomniacLive: Requesting a replacement.
Not you too! I wrote it already in the thread, I repeat it here: if I am the reason you want to leave, please don't. I promise to practice more restraint and try to remain calmer in the future.

If it is RL that is keeping you away from the play, then of course that can't be helped and I wish you good luck resolving whatever RL situation has reared it's ugly head.
HSL's spot is still open should anyone wish to sub in.
Lifthrasil: Not you too! I wrote it already in the thread, I repeat it here: if I am the reason you want to leave, please don't. I promise to practice more restraint and try to remain calmer in the future.

If it is RL that is keeping you away from the play, then of course that can't be helped and I wish you good luck resolving whatever RL situation has reared it's ugly head.
No worries, nothing to do with you.
HypersomniacLive: No worries, nothing to do with you.
Good. Thanks for the reply. It's sad that you have to go. :-(
Last call for a substitute for HSL in the current game, let me know if you're interested.
trentonlf: ...
I don't want to disturb the ongoing game with too much off-topic stuff, but I wanted to ask you something about your current situation. Chemo while pregnant sounds very, very bad. So if it turns out to be a localized tumor (hopefully it turns out that no tumor is left), did the doctors ever mention heavy ion therapy (also known as carbon ion therapy) to you? Here in Germany that's a very promising new branch of cancer therapy which allows to irradiate tumors without damaging the surrounding body tissue. It was developed in Heidelberg, but I know that there are now several therapy centers across Europe, Japan and Australia. I don't know about the US, but if the diagnosis is bad, it might be worth to ask whether HIT exists in the US and is paid for by your insurance.

Still, I really hope that it won't become necessary at all and that everything turns out all right without chemo or radiation therapy.
trentonlf: ...
Lifthrasil: I don't want to disturb the ongoing game with too much off-topic stuff, but I wanted to ask you something about your current situation. Chemo while pregnant sounds very, very bad. So if it turns out to be a localized tumor (hopefully it turns out that no tumor is left), did the doctors ever mention heavy ion therapy (also known as carbon ion therapy) to you? Here in Germany that's a very promising new branch of cancer therapy which allows to irradiate tumors without damaging the surrounding body tissue. It was developed in Heidelberg, but I know that there are now several therapy centers across Europe, Japan and Australia. I don't know about the US, but if the diagnosis is bad, it might be worth to ask whether HIT exists in the US and is paid for by your insurance.

Still, I really hope that it won't become necessary at all and that everything turns out all right without chemo or radiation therapy.
There is chemo that will not hurt the baby as long as the mother is in their second or third trimester, and she is. The hope is that there’s no notebook cancer, and that’s what the exploratory surgery is for. If there is more cancer the chemo would need to be started now as the type of cancer it is spreads quickly if it sets in. Radiation at this stage is not an option as that would hurt the baby. As far as ion therapy that has never been mentioned and I would assume it’s becaise it’s not an option where we live.