It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm curious to know if these VN that just released have any censorship.
.Bach: I'm curious to know if these VN that just released have any censorship.
I already found one patch for the free one, but I don't know what it censors. It just says something about hidden content.
tinyE: I already found one patch for the free one, but I don't know what it censors. It just says something about hidden content.
You found a patch that censors the game? Where?
tinyE: I already found one patch for the free one, but I don't know what it censors. It just says something about hidden content.
.Bach: You found a patch that censors the game? Where?
OOOOPS
I meant uncensors. :P
actually this is straight up pretty surprising
Post edited May 22, 2018 by johnnygoging
Pax11: No, they were called books. Not gamebooks. At least, never called that in the US.
They most certainly were.

I can even provide proof that it is truth in this part of world (non-US). :-)
At least I would if GOG let me attach screenshot.

As for the topic, great. The more good games the better.
Post edited May 22, 2018 by Vitek
Alexim: The only real criticism I would make is that all the Japanese VNs are really not very original, they always draw in the same way and without inventiveness, they have settled on a style for decades without evolving it.
This is my stance. And if only it applied to just VNs; sadly, this seems to be the state of visual art in Japanese pop culture in general. And I don't even want to get into the whole "Let's focus almost exclusively on portraying teens and children, and even draw most adults as looking significantly younger than they're supposed to be" thing....
HunchBluntley: This is my stance. And if only it applied to just VNs; sadly, this seems to be the state of visual art in Japanese pop culture in general. And I don't even want to get into the whole "Let's focus almost exclusively on portraying teens and children, and even draw most adults as looking significantly younger than they're supposed to be" thing....
That's all fiction so it isn't an issue for me at all.
Alexim: And once again GOG surprises everyone!
tfishell: Indeed, I really didn't expect them to take this opportunity. I thought it was a situation similar to Hatred, though I guess with Hatred perhaps GOG thought, because of the game content, the PR might be too negative ultimately.
Likely a combination of that + the game itself (the hyper-edginess/"satire" notwithstanding) being not very fun or interesting, by most accounts. I'd say they made the right call that time. Not sure about this time. We'll have to see whether their curation holds up, or if they just start pooping out whatever their partnered publishers release, regardless of quality.

On that note...
tfishell: Indeed, I really didn't expect them to take this opportunity. I thought it was a situation similar to Hatred, though I guess with Hatred perhaps GOG thought, because of the game content, the PR might be too negative ultimately.
HunchBluntley: Likely a combination of that + the game itself (the hyper-edginess/"satire" notwithstanding) being not very fun or interesting, by most accounts. I'd say they made the right call that time. Not sure about this time. We'll have to see whether their curation holds up, or if they just start pooping out whatever their partnered publishers release, regardless of quality.

On that note...
On the other hand, having the game exclusively on GOG for a period of time, especially if it appeared riding the PR wave, could have been financially rewarding. As for the game itself, it's not much different from Postal 1 imo; I could understand rejection based on tech issues (I recall seeing game footage where the game chugged) but not so much content, kinda. I lean more towards the "don't agree with decision to not bring it" but that's mainly because of all the uncompleted wishlist votes, and it's not worth arguing or complaining over.
vidsgame: I guess this means GAG has woken up to a golden sunshine. On a Tuesday, no less.
Or a golden shower, depending on your viewpoint.

Edit: 'de-censor patch' applied! ;)
Post edited May 22, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
vidsgame: I guess this means GAG has woken up to a golden sunshine. On a Tuesday, no less.
Lemon_Curry: Or a golden shower, depending on your viewpoint.

Edit: 'de-censor patch' applied! ;)
I'd rather wake up to pancakes. Just regular food pancakes. To each their own.
GUG could be the new acronym, Good Uncensored Games.
ApexProcyon: GUG could be the new acronym, Good Uncensored Games.
sadly they've already said on their Twitter that their plan is to bring only all-ages versions of VN, so no difference with Steam in terms of censorship and consumer choice
All ages only VN, but they are selling the witcher here at age 18+
Can't seem to do the same with VN i guess.
Also isn't there some game here called lula and the other is larry.