It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Gurlok: Are the fps showed during normal play still limited to beta updates?
No! :) Sorry, we forgot to mention that in the changelog. Non-beta users should have in-game FPS as well.
RTA: Galaxy periodically trashes its own database...
I second what BKGaming said - your folder setup seems unique. What does your hardware / filesystem setup look like?

Also - what exactly do you mean by "you move the game to the genre folder" ? You go to a game folder, ctrl-x the whole thing, go to genre folder, ctrl-v... and then? I would expect in this case Galaxy would "forget" the game - it would not appear in the sidebar after restarting galaxy. Do you move games while Galaxy is running, and then (without restarting Galaxy) the client downloads the game back to the old location...? I'm sorry, you probably already answered this, but I'm confused :)

rs2yjz: So GOG gaaxy has failed to load for a number of days for me, I've tried reinstalling it a couple times but it is not loading. How can I play my games? I used to see ways around using Galaxy, but games I've recently downloaded say Try GOG Galaxy and I cannot get to download files.
If the problem still persist (and you didn't uninstall Galaxy yet) - could you please report an issue on http://mantis.gog.com and attach all the logs there? A zip of everything from C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs would help us investigate what happened.

Liosan
Post edited August 29, 2017 by Liosan
FPS counter doesn't work in or out of overlay for me, I tried to press the hotkey a few times but I just can't see it?
Gurlok: Are the fps showed during normal play still limited to beta updates?
Liosan: No! :) Sorry, we forgot to mention that in the changelog. Non-beta users should have in-game FPS as well.
Thanks! Is there a chance to move it from it's default location (bottom right)? I'd like to put it on the upper left corner of the screen.

grynn: FPS counter doesn't work in or out of overlay for me, I tried to press the hotkey a few times but I just can't see it?
To me it worked, but it's on the bottom right corner of the screen, when playing absolver.
grynn: FPS counter doesn't work in or out of overlay for me, I tried to press the hotkey a few times but I just can't see it?
Are you sure you just not missing it. Default is bottom right and the text is white so it can be hard to see in some games. I think they need to used a better color like dark red or something.
anybody else getting "server problems" for every single game in gog galaxy?

store works fine, website works fine, game installer download via website works fine...

so what`s going on?

support page is useless here, because as mentioned it concerns every single game...

anybody?

edit::complete reinstall of galaxy did not help either

2. edit:: sent a ticket to support, as problem is not covered by support centre entry...
Post edited August 29, 2017 by SpikedSoul
SpikedSoul: anybody else getting "server problems" for every single game in gog galaxy?

store works fine, website works fine, game installer download via website works fine...

so what`s going on?

support page is useless here, because as mentioned it concerns every single game...

anybody?

2. edit:: sent a ticket to support, as problem is not covered by support centre entry...
Yup, got the same problem atm. Even with administrator privileges, I can't download any of the games.

EDIT: from galaxy.
Post edited August 29, 2017 by hickwarrior
BKGaming: Are you sure you just not missing it. Default is bottom right and the text is white so it can be hard to see in some games. I think they need to used a better color like dark red or something.
Nope, it's not there. I only tried on Gwent though, maybe it doesn't work for this game now (even though it worked before)
BKGaming: Are you sure you just not missing it. Default is bottom right and the text is white so it can be hard to see in some games. I think they need to used a better color like dark red or something.
grynn: Nope, it's not there. I only tried on Gwent though, maybe it doesn't work for this game now (even though it worked before)
I've heard other people having issues with Gwent and the overlay... not sure why. I don't have Gwent downloaded right now or I would check to see if it happens to me.

Did it just happen today? Possibly could be due to the server issues people seem to be having today or the new update. Last time I tried the overlay offline it didn't really work but that was a while ago.
It has been broken for at least a week I think, but it worked on Gwent when the counter was on upper right corner.
Post edited August 29, 2017 by grynn
grynn: It has been broken for at least a week I think, but it worked on Gwent when the counter was on upper right corner.
Let me download it real quick, now you got me interested in knowing if it works or not. xD
SpikedSoul: anybody else getting "server problems" for every single game in gog galaxy?

so what`s going on?

anybody?

YES, for about an hour. Possibly denial of service. SO MANY glitches and bugs from this site.
grynn: It has been broken for at least a week I think, but it worked on Gwent when the counter was on upper right corner.
WHAT is gwent? I do not see it on my pages. The download server appears to be ON/off for past two hours. Got some DL, but it quit when I declined the agreement for Assa Creed. This server may have DoS issues. Has been like this, off and ON for several YEARS. About everytime I want to log on I have to get some security codes, as it fails to recognise my 5Yr old computer. By the time the code is sent, the 15 mins are usually expired. WAY more hassle than benefit. IMHO
Post edited August 29, 2017 by JDVMSR
Venom: Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== CLOUD SAVES - STAGGERED RELEASE ==

The Cloud Saves backend will be enabled for selected users in batches. We expect the full rollout to take at least a few days. If the cloud saves feature didn't start working for you yet please give us a few days. We will be posting updates on the rollout process in this thread.

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- FPS counter is not visible outside of the overlay
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.11 (June 09, 2017) Beta

- Changes and improvements:
- Standardized usage of language codes between all Galaxy components, backend and website
- Friends and chat in The Overlay are now translated to other languages
- EULAs on Game's installation screen now contain more information about it's dependencies

1.2.12 (June 20, 2017)
- Improved bandwidth limit and bandwidth schedule input behavior

Bugfixes:
- Game language dropdown is no longer visible when the game is not installed

1.2.13 Beta (July 04, 2017)

- [macOS] Added in-game Overlay
- [Windows] FPS counter is now controlled by ctrl+shift+tab combination and is visible, even when In-game Overlay is not shown
- [Windows] Added tooltip to Galaxy tray icon
- Reduced download size of game updates

Bugfixes:
- [Windows] Fixed an issue with Galaxy window not being brought to top when clicking on tray icon or desktop shortcut
- Fixed an issue with deleted Cloud Saves being redownloaded after Galaxy update
- Fixed volume slider not being aligned with the dropdown above it.

1.2.14 (July 13, 2017)
- This update does not contain changes included in 1.2.13
- Optimizations for Cloud Saves functionality

1.2.15 Beta (July 13, 2017)
- Galaxy natively supports applying differential patches - Updates download size will be reduced
- Chat notifications now expand to fit up to 5 lines of text.

- Bugfixes:
- Galaxy is now able to launch .bat files
- Game uninstallation is no longer allowed, if the game is running (or any other process from the game folder)

1.2.15 Beta (July 13, 2017)
- Galaxy natively supports applying differential patches - Updates download size will be reduced
- Chat notifications now expand to fit up to 5 lines of text.

- Bugfixes:
- Game uninstallation is no longer allowed, if the game is running (or any other process from the game folder)

1.2.16 (July 25, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- [macOS] Added in-game Overlay
- [Windows] Added tooltip to Galaxy tray icon
- Reduced download size of game updates, by using relocation of files already existing on disk instead of downloading them
- Chat notifications now expand to fit up to 5 lines of text

Bugfixes:
- [Windows] Fixed an issue with Galaxy window not being brought to top when clicking on tray icon or desktop shortcut
- Fixed an issue with deleted Cloud Saves being redownloaded after Galaxy update
- Fixed volume slider not being aligned with the dropdown above it.

1.2.17 (July 28, 2017)
- Hotfix for communication with Galaxy backend

1.2.18 Beta (August 10, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- New top navigation (already known from GOG.com)
- New notifications system:
* new notifications dropdown in the top navigation
* added desktop notification for forum replies
* added desktop notification for wishlisted items discounted
* improved pluralisation in desktop notifications
- Improved version detection of imported games. Galaxy will also not perform file adjustment if it's not needed. Supported only by newer games
- Importing and updating The Witcher 3: GOTY (DVD version) will properly use differential patch mechanism (greatly reduced download size)
- Galaxy update popup made more reliable

Bugfixes:
- Game updates will no longer fail with disk access problem, after redeeming single DLC with a gift code
- Slightly optimised download process, Galaxy will no longer stop downloading for a while during unpacking small files
- Galaxy will not freeze after quitting during applying diff patches
- It is now possible to log out without internet

1.2.19 Beta (August 17, 2017)
- [Windows] CPU usage improvements for GOG Galaxy Overlay
- [Windows] Overlay will now react to change of keyboard layout (eg. from EN to RU characters)

Bugfixes:
- [Windows] Fix for screenshots in Dragon Age: Origins and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- [Windows] Mouse cursor should not duplicate when opening overlay and moving the mouse simultaneously

# 1.2.20 (August 25, 2017)
## Changes and Improvements:
- [Windows] CPU usage improvements for GOG Galaxy Overlay
- [Windows] Overlay will now react to change of keyboard layout (eg. from EN to RU characters)
- Improved version detection of imported games. Galaxy will also not perform file adjustment if it's not needed. Supported only by newer games
- Importing and updating The Witcher 3: GOTY (DVD version) will properly use differential patch mechanism (greatly reduced download size)
- Galaxy update popup made more reliable

## Bugfixes:
- Game updates will no longer fail with disk access problem, after redeeming single DLC with a gift code
- Slightly optimised download process, Galaxy will no longer stop downloading for a while during unpacking small files
- Galaxy will not freeze after quitting during applying diff patches
- It is now possible to log out without internet
- [Windows] Fix for screenshots in Dragon Age: Origins and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- [Windows] Mouse cursor should not duplicate when opening overlay and moving the mouse simultaneously

# 1.2.21 Beta (August 25, 2017)
## Changes and Improvements:
- Added desktop notification if there are unread notifications in the top menu

## Bugfixes:
- Top menu won't switch to mobile mode in Galaxy
- Fix for excessive memory usage in top menu
IT appears that there have been dozens of FIXES in paast few months, a continuation of the last five years. NONE of them allow us to access the DL page to update or DOWNLOAD additional material. IT dooes NO GOOD to have these ?bugs? patched when we can NOT get to the page content. The SERVER is aparently faulted and/or overloaded, possibly due to DOS. suggestion> block repeated calls for page/info for (minutes) to interupt demand. In six years using this service, it has been DOWN more than up and usually can not acess ANYTHING for days. It does not speak well for your managment and service.
I just tried it and worked fine for me on Galaxy beta 1.2.21 using key combination CTRL + SHIFT + TAB which the key combo for the FPS couter outside of overlay. Not sure if that has been released to the regular channel though, might still be beta only.
Post edited August 30, 2017 by BKGaming
BKGaming: I just tried it and worked fine for me on Galaxy beta 1.2.2 using key combination CTRL + SHIFT + TAB which the key combo for the FPS couter outside of overlay. Not sure if that has been released to the regular channel though, might still be beta only.
Thanks for trying, it must be something to do with my setup as I'm on beta channel as well.