It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

NOTICE: The update is now live for everyone. Make sure to check it out and tell us what you think!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is now available for all users. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
MajesticMoose75: What about the GOG Downloader? Will it be gone? I like it better than the Galaxy crap. Seems DRM-y to me.
My concern too. Are you going to stop providing links for the GOD Downloader? I find this option better than any game client as you only install it, login to your GOG account, download, and play your game.
high rated
mobutu: To all those asking about a/the Linux release: it's "coming soon"
straight from , see screenshot <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_biggest_update_yet_marks_the_end_of_beta_5e5d5/post194" class="link_arrow"></a></div> Can't tell if joking, but that notice has been there [url=https://web.archive.org/web/20150512171829/http://www.gog.com/galaxy]pretty much since the open beta phase began, close to two years ago. ;)
(I would imagine it to be more likely that a Linux beta client will become available within the next few months, once the stable release of the other OS' versions is out of the way, but one never knows....)
EDIT: Version: PLURALIZE!
Post edited March 23, 2017 by HunchBluntley
MajesticMoose75: What about the GOG Downloader? Will it be gone? I like it better than the Galaxy crap. Seems DRM-y to me.
You can do the same exact thing you use the GOG Downloader to do with Galaxy (ie download standalone installers if you wish). GOG has stated that they will no longer support the downloader, and that future updates may break something but they won't intentionally remove the ability to use it. Galaxy is essentially replacing the downloader.
I doubt it'll go away very soon, but they're also not going to spend any resources on keeping it up to date -- indeed, it's been more or less officially abandoned since the client went into beta nearly two years ago.
Basically, don't get too attached to it. :) If they change something on the site that borks the Downloader for most or all games, it's toast.
How do we know which games support the overlay? Is it ready to use now?
high rated
There's only one feature I'd want: download patches instead of full installers. Seems that there's only one way to accomplish that now, for certain titles, and that's to get this thinGalamabob that I don't need were it not for that single feature. Like getting a 228-piece toolkit to tighten a single loose screw.

Oh well, I'm know in the minority here. Just gonna stick with KISS.
high rated
HereForTheBeer: Oh well, I'm know in the minority here. Just gonna stick with KISS.
KISS seems to be unknown in the Windows world. Unfortunately it more and more gets lost also in the Linux world and the (software) development in general.
After this update, will Galaxy be mandatory or something? Or we can still download the games without the client, as well as run them?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: After this update, will Galaxy be mandatory or something? Or we can still download the games without the client, as well as run them?
Playing games is not mandatory so Galaxy will not be mandatory. ;) But Galaxy already has been mandatory before this update for doing certain things on GOG like downloading pre-release demos, downloading older versions of a game, ...
And when is the "Community Wishlist" coming out of "Beta"?
Pretty excited about this! Thanks GOG!
eiii: Playing games is not mandatory so Galaxy will not be mandatory. ;) But Galaxy already has been mandatory before this update for doing certain things on GOG like downloading pre-release demos, downloading older versions of a game, ...
Thanks for the info. Cloud save is a deal breaker for me (unless you can manually control/manage it yourself), so i will have to quit Galaxy. If downloader and old packages can work like before, then i don't need a client!
Post edited March 23, 2017 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Thank you BKGaming and HunchBluntley! Love your guys' names btw! I started using Galaxy again a few hours ago with the new update, and it's doing fine. I'm impressed. I'll tell my bud to switch to 1.2, see if he likes it better. Thanks guys! Cheers!
eiii: Playing games is not mandatory so Galaxy will not be mandatory. ;) But Galaxy already has been mandatory before this update for doing certain things on GOG like downloading pre-release demos, downloading older versions of a game, ...
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Thanks for the info. Cloud save is a deal breaker for me (unless you can manually control/manage it yourself), so i will have to quit Galaxy. If downloader and old packages can work like before, then i don't need a client!
I've read that you can opt to not use it. So it's not forced down your throat.
Edit:
Yes it's optional,
this post confirms.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by almabrds
thelostdunmer: My concern too. Are you going to stop providing links for the GOD Downloader? I find this option better than any game client as you only install it, login to your GOG account, download, and play your game.
You can download the installers from the Galaxy, and install them anywhere. Go to your game library, click on the arrow, and click on the "backup". It'll have a page special for downloading the games. Cheers! Hope that makes sence! contact me if it doesn't. Edit: I prefer Downloader, but looks like it's going away. Even clicking on links from it goes to empty pages. Sad times. At least we can download installers from Galaxy.

If GOG goes DRM it's the end of the world.
Post edited March 23, 2017 by MajesticMoose75