It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JMich: As for the rest, I don't think Leonard was that weird of a choice (queue yog disagreeing with me). He was one of the 5 people that might have had a role, thus a more likely candidate than those left without a role (assuming of course that the claims were truthful, though if they are not, they were even less likely candidates).
No I agree here - this is pretty plain, I think.

I'll sit here and wait for the mass role claim. Make it so, people.
So. Here's what I've been thinking for the last few days, and I've just done a skim through the relevant players posts to see if I was correct.

Now, I may be reading too much into this, but I think there may be something to it.

First, we know flub was scum, and we know there are two more scum.
As previously mentioned, I've been looking at who might be that scum pair and it will be no surprise to find that I still think JMich is one half of that pair. But my candidate for the other half may be a little more surprising... I'm starting to think that towniest of townies cristi is actually scum.

What set me off was looking at those players who had called me out as scum (this is somewhat a weak argument to anyone else, as I doubt there is anyone other than me who knows that I'm town) as knowing I'm town there's a chance that some of those trying to call me scum might be scum themselves.
Now yogs and Bookwyrm (and Leonard, who I somehow missed off my list of people who found me scummy) have mentioned me as being scummy on and off all game, but JMich and cristi only did so after I called out yogs and Hyper questioned many of my arguments against yogs and I had already started looking like a possible lynch candidate.
Now is it coincidence that the two lurkiest and least involved players both jump on me? Or is the connection that they are lurky and uninvolved because they are scum?
So I looked into it further, specifically at the interactions between those two and our confirmed scum, with some reasonably good results I think.

cristi - very little interaction with flub, mostly jokes and once asks him about why he felt Bookwyrm was scum day 1, until just before he is lynched when she makes some arguments and places the second last vote on him before he is lynched. In hindsight this does look like it might be a last ditch attempt for some town points by getting on her buddies wagon.

Very little interaction with JMich, once asked who he might vote for to avoid no-lynch. First real analysis of him or talk about him was 2 days ago where she called him a very shrewd player who could be town or scum.

Flub - Uses JMich somewhat in his targeting of Bookwyrm day 1 but doesn't address him directly much. Mentions that he finds [url=
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_27_gameshow_showdown_the_game/post314]JMich very difficult to read[/url] and that his argument with yogs is just a town mistake
[url=
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_27_gameshow_showdown_the_game/post628]Repeats that he is unable to read JMich.[/url]
Very little real interaction with with JMich or cristi, repeatedly lists cristi as being very town.
lists both [url=
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_27_gameshow_showdown_the_game/post401]cristi and JMich as leaning town[/url].
Later moves JMich to leaning scum, with no real reason why. This looks like it might be setting up WIFOM for later if required, not giving any clear read on a scum buddy.

JMich - Not much direct interaction with anyone other than yogsloth, so these results are slightly less surprising.
Lists cristi as possibly needing watching due to lack of posts. Some back and forth over cristi's question and whether it was answered, but otherwise not much interaction.
No interaction with flub at all beyond non game stuff.

So the question is, am I reading too much into this? Or do we think there might be something to it?
Whatever anyone else thinks, I'm going to start with:
Vote cristigale
So, we're back early this time.

I see that while Leonard03 was a more or less expected target, no-one seems to think that he may had been investigated during N3, so scum knew for a fact that he's the Vigilante. Yes, this assumes that scum may well have the Role Cop, and at this point I see no reason to discount the possibility.
Too bad that we don't know what number he bid; if yogsloth's telling the truth, then he must have also bid #1 and got lucky in the random selection.

I find adaliabooks take on cristigale interesting, but not that surprising, as I've been thinking that she may be one of the two remaining scum. It's mostly a nagging feeling ever since I noticed that flubbucket kept mentioning her along with me, and what Vitek said about her seems quite right.
She's played quite safe all game, and at the end of D4 she rather casually made a short comment on the topic of lynching, and then proceeded to reply to Bookwyrm627 and give her Readings on JMich, basically riding on my earlier comment.
I'm very tired, and I need to do a thorough reread on her.

I'm curious to see what bridging Bookwyrm627 is talking about.
To get the claiming started - I'm Town Vanilla. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to win any role, as I consider myself quite inexperienced and feared I'd screw it up. The thought of not biding at all didn't cross my mind, so I bid for Tracker with #11.

@Bookwyrm627
I did not get a notification for your post #1330. If you want multi-quoting in one post to generate flags for all people quoted, you need to open each person's post in a separate tab and click the reply button for each and every one of them. This requires that you save each quote and then stitch then together. If you use BE it's easier using the quick reply button in each tab.
HypersomniacLive: So, we're back early this time.

I see that while Leonard03 was a more or less expected target, no-one seems to think that he may had been investigated during N3, so scum knew for a fact that he's the Vigilante. Yes, this assumes that scum may well have the Role Cop, and at this point I see no reason to discount the possibility.
Too bad that we don't know what number he bid; if yogsloth's telling the truth, then he must have also bid #1 and got lucky in the random selection.

I find adaliabooks take on cristigale interesting, but not that surprising, as I've been thinking that she may be one of the two remaining scum. It's mostly a nagging feeling ever since I noticed that flubbucket kept mentioning her along with me, and what Vitek said about her seems quite right.
She's played quite safe all game, and at the end of D4 she rather casually made a short comment on the topic of lynching, and then proceeded to reply to Bookwyrm627 and give her Readings on JMich, basically riding on my earlier comment.
I'm very tired, and I need to do a thorough reread on her.

I'm curious to see what bridging Bookwyrm627 is talking about.
To get the claiming started - I'm Town Vanilla. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to win any role, as I consider myself quite inexperienced and feared I'd screw it up. The thought of not biding at all didn't cross my mind, so I bid for Tracker with #11.

@Bookwyrm627
I did not get a notification for your post #1330. If you want multi-quoting in one post to generate flags for all people quoted, you need to open each person's post in a separate tab and click the reply button for each and every one of them. This requires that you save each quote and then stitch then together. If you use BE it's easier using the quick reply button in each tab.
Good point. I'm not sure whether scum would hit the Vig first or not, but it is worth considering. As for yogs bid, I think it's more likely someone else bid 1 and yogs bid was therefore not unique and worth less than a higher unique bid.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it then.

So after all that you knew all along that all the roles couldn't be in the game? I think I'm right in saying that if you also bid for Tracker and didn't get it then we are missing at least one role?
If you weren't sure you wanted a role at all, why go for Tracker? Why not something a bit less useful?
As for Bookwyrm, I think I know what he means, but we'll wait and see what he says once the Vanillas have claimed (and I can't imagine we have many of those left)
adaliabooks: [...] As for yogs bid, I think it's more likely someone else bid 1 and yogs bid was therefore not unique and worth less than a higher unique bid.

[...]
I think we're going to start all over again - do you even realise what you're suggesting?
- Sage103082 bid for Vigilante with #18, and didn't get it; we assume she didn't lie, as she flipped town.
- Leonard03 bid for Vigilante with unknown number and got it; no doubt about that.
- yogsloth bid for Vigilatne with #1 and didn't get; that's assuming he's telling the truth.
- Now you're suggesting that one more person bid for it with #1 and also didn't get it?

adaliabooks: [...]

So after all that you knew all along that all the roles couldn't be in the game? I think I'm right in saying that if you also bid for Tracker and didn't get it then we are missing at least one role?

[...]
Not necessarily.

adaliabooks: [...]

If you weren't sure you wanted a role at all, why go for Tracker? Why not something a bit less useful?

[...]
Because the less useful the role, the better my chances would have been. Look at the Commuter role - had I gone for that, I would have won, if HijacK was truthful about his bid.
I expected the Tracker role to be in demand, and by biding #11 I practically reduced my chances to zero.
You may say that I could have bid for any role with a ridiculously high number - I could have, but I actually didn't think of it.
HypersomniacLive: I think we're going to start all over again - do you even realise what you're suggesting?
- Sage103082 bid for Vigilante with #18, and didn't get it; we assume she didn't lie, as she flipped town.
- Leonard03 bid for Vigilante with unknown number and got it; no doubt about that.
- yogsloth bid for Vigilatne with #1 and didn't get; that's assuming he's telling the truth.
- Now you're suggesting that one more person bid for it with #1 and also didn't get it?

Not necessarily.

Because the less useful the role, the better my chances would have been. Look at the Commuter role - had I gone for that, I would have won, if HijacK was truthful about his bid.
I expected the Tracker role to be in demand, and by biding #11 I practically reduced my chances to zero.
You may say that I could have bid for any role with a ridiculously high number - I could have, but I actually didn't think of it.
I think you're misunderstanding how the bidding works or what I meant, if two people bid the same number for any role then their bid is worth less than a unique bid. Someone else doesn't have to have bid for Vig with 1, just for any role. Which is obvious anyway from the fact that yogs didn't get the role (assuming he is telling the truth).

Fair enough, I disagree that bidding 11 reduced your chances to zero but I can see that bidding for a more desirable role is less likely to be successful.
HypersomniacLive: I think we're going to start all over again - do you even realise what you're suggesting?
I think you mis-understood the bidding process.

Each roll did not have a unique set of numbers; all players bid a number which caused us to be ranked in a certain order. Someone else bid #1 to tie me, which moved us behind all the players with unique numbers. Then the rolls were handed out to the first person in line who asked for each one.

Ergo, Leonard bid a unique number. It doesn't matter what it was - it could have been 49. If nobody in line in front of him requested vig, he got it.
adaliabooks:
Cristigale, game is live. Please check in.

I'll page Hijack separately; this device is not posting friendly.
HijacK:
Hijack, game is live. Please check in.
cristigale:
Cristigale, game is live. Please check in.

Adalia, sorry about the mistaken reply. Did I mention this device is not post-friendly?
Geez Dad, we get it already.
I didn't expect the game to resume so soon.

@Bookwyrn, not sure why, but I did not receive a reply notification

I need to catch-up, more in a bit.
I was aware the game resumed. I was just busy today and didn't have time to post. Check in posts aren't my style either.
As for Leonard, can't say I'm surprised. Many have voiced concerns regarding adalia and JMich while Leonard's popularity as top suspect dropped. However, this begs the question whether scum knew about him being Vigilante or were just lucky.
I'm sure Scum would much rather have hit the Doctor or Tracker or even Role Blocker.

Speaking of which:

1. JMich (no claim)
2. yogsloth (claimed vanilla)
3. adaliabooks (claimed vanilla)
4. Leonard03 Vigilante.
5. Bookwyrm627 (no claim)
6. Lifthrasil - Vanilla
7. HijacK - (claimed commuter)
8. trentonlf - Vanilla
9. flubbucket - Vanilla
10. Sage103082 - Vanilla
11. A_Future_Pilot - JOAT
12. cristigale - (no claim)
13. Robbeasy - Vengeful
14. HypersomniacLive (claimed vanilla)

We'll see how the three remaining unclaimed players play out, then I'll start my thoughts. (And start by answering Bookwyrm's question from yesterday.)
adaliabooks: cristi - very little interaction with flub, mostly jokes and once asks him about why he felt Bookwyrm was scum day 1, until just before he is lynched when she makes some arguments and places the second last vote on him before he is lynched. In hindsight this does look like it might be a last ditch attempt for some town points by getting on her buddies wagon.
I’m skimming through flubb’s posts. Other than Bookwyrm and Hijack, I don’t see flubb talking much to anyone. In fact, skimming though your posts, you barely interacted with him yourself.

I had my vote on yogsloth for two (literal) days prior to switching to flubb. Yog’s wagon had stalled and flubb looked scummy enough to move my vote to him. You and Bookwyrm were the two votes before me.

adaliabooks: Very little interaction with JMich, once asked who he might vote for to avoid no-lynch. First real analysis of him or talk about him was 2 days ago where she called him a very shrewd player who could be town or scum .
(emphasis added)
Again, other than yogs, very few of us have interacted much with JMich, including you.

Did you find something about the bold part suspicious?

I have more to add to this, but it will have to wait until I claim.

adaliabooks: So the question is, am I reading too much into this? Or do we think there might be something to it?
Well, obviously, I think you are reading too much into it. I’ve encouraged everyone to not give anyone a free pass, so I certainly don’t fault you there. I need to take my own advice and re-exam a few players.

HypersomniacLive: I find adaliabooks take on cristigale interesting, but not that surprising, as I've been thinking that she may be one of the two remaining scum. It's mostly a nagging feeling ever since I noticed that flubbucket kept mentioning her along with me, and what Vitek said about her seems quite right.
(emphasis added)
Yes, you were mentioned just as well.

I am surprised that Hyper does not have a role. Especially after he made such a big deal about all the roles being in the game. Hyper knew Yesterday that at least one role is not in play or that an existing vanilla is lying (if he's not lying). Not sure what to make of this.

HypersomniacLive: I'm adding my voice to JMich's for an extension if you're serious about providing some no-joke analysis.
cristigale: I took the remark as pure sarcasm, but point taken.
HypersomniacLive: Who didn't?
Umm, you’re the one who seconded JMich’s request.