It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tallima: Leaving Witcher 2 (GOG).
madth3: By the way, is this still good or did it expire at the change of year?
Still good.
I'm leaving Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive (Steam)
madth3: Just so we have already some of the freebies or almost, I'm donating to the initial list:

- Canyon Capers
- SpaceChem
- Speedball 2 HD
- Secret of The Magic Crystals + The Race DLC

And, to be explicite about it: Thumbs up to Tallima for giving this a try. +1
I'll take Secret of The Magic Crystals + The Race DLC and leave Star Wars Battlefront II. (steam HB code)

My daughter's going to freak out when we're racing her ponies. :)
Post edited February 05, 2015 by Tallima
Tallima: I'll take Secret of The Magic Crystals + The Race DLC and leave Star Wars Battlefront II. (steam HB code)
Sent. :-)
Tallima: I'll take Secret of The Magic Crystals + The Race DLC and leave Star Wars Battlefront II. (steam HB code)
madth3: Sent. :-)
Thank you sir!

I'll take Battlefront and leave World War 2: Time of Wrath. I know it's not as sexy, but it's still a good - if dense - game. Also, more battlefronty than the former :P

My inner child will freak out when I'm racing my tauntaun XD

Spinorial: I'll take Battlefront and leave World War 2: Time of Wrath. I know it's not as sexy, but it's still a good - if dense - game. Also, more battlefronty than the former :P

My inner child will freak out when I'm racing my tauntaun XD
I sent it your way!
Tallima: I sent it your way!
That was bloody quick! Thanks! List has been edited.
You really must have a column in the spreadsheet that has a link to IsThereAnyDeal (and would be nice to have the lowest price listed as well).
It's completely irrational to list a game like Sweet Lily Dreams at a 15$ value when there were not even 60 days in a raw in which it wasn't bundled and it's sale price range is around 3$ (that's 20% of it's listed value).
BlackThorny: You really must have a column in the spreadsheet that has a link to IsThereAnyDeal (and would be nice to have the lowest price listed as well).
It's completely irrational to list a game like Sweet Lily Dreams at a 15$ value when there were not even 60 days in a raw in which it wasn't bundled and it's sale price range is around 3$ (that's 20% of it's listed value).
Most games on the list are added when they are a part of bundles. So we use the retail value so that people don't have to click on 20 links to find the current price.

The idea behind it was to slowly increase or stabilize the value of the games. The G1T1 thread once started out with great games and ended up with bottom-of-the-barrel stuff.

There's still stuff in LAGTAG that is good stuff, even without it being super-busy right now. (for instance, I love the flashpoint games)
BlackThorny: You really must have a column in the spreadsheet that has a link to IsThereAnyDeal (and would be nice to have the lowest price listed as well).
Tallima: Most games on the list are added when they are a part of bundles. So we use the retail value so that people don't have to click on 20 links to find the current price.
This makes no sense - let for the sake of example see the Team17 Evolved Weekly Humble Bundle,
Suppose one buys the bundle just when it goes online to get all worms games, then adds to the list [url=http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7678/ ]Alien Breed Trilogy[/url]*
- Has a retail value of 23$ on Steam, but usually costs under 5$ (link), and actually cost him less then 1$ as he got it with 7 more games!
For this under a buck can theoretically get The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which never bundled before, and it would even seem a loss in value...

* Alien Breed Trilogy Is actually a bad example as it wasn't bundled that many times (at least not as a trilogy), and actually has some value as it is a bundle of 3 games. There are numerous others though that no one is actually paying for them full price - like virtually any game on Desura can have set any given price - yet people will only buy them as part of a bundle for under 1$.
Tallima: There's still stuff in LAGTAG that is good stuff, even without it being super-busy right now. (for instance, I love the flashpoint games)
wot? I didn't understand what you've said, nor the lingo you used...
Post edited February 07, 2015 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: This makes no sense...

...wot? I didn't understand what you've said, nor the lingo you used...
We probably won't see Skyrim on him b/c it hasn't been in a bundle.

Sometimes generous donors put something on that has a high value to a lot of people and it will be traded for something with a low value to a lot of people (example: I considered donating TIE Fighter to LAGTAG [LAGTAG = Leave a Game, Take a Game = this thread] and it could have easily been taken by someone with the magic crystal horse game [which my daughter loves, by the way -- thanks Madth3]).

But usually, people do not donate high-value games to the thread. They drop items from bundles and trade them for items from bundles.

There's really no great way to calculate the real market value of a game. Which is why LAGTAG is a dumping ground for games that have mediocre to no value. Because sometimes people like mediocre and no-value games (like my daughter liking the Magic Crystal Horse game and me liking The Flashpoint games).

We put the value constraint on because in the other similar thread without the value constraint or the duplication constraint, people were leaving extremely valueless junk and quickly snatching up fairly valuable games. The result was a perpetual sludge of less-than-mediocrity infesting the spreadsheet.

Over time, this thread should amass most of the valueless games and keep rolling through medium-value games. After all, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

And lastly, as stated above, there's simply no good way to place a real-market value on games that are bundled. The best way I can do it while maintaining ease of use is by local retail value.

What you may be more interested in would be the trading thread. In the trading thread, people negotiate the trading value of a game. So someone might want to trade Skyrim for a copy of Bioshock 1-3. And then a counter offer of Skyrim + Dishonored for Bioshock 1-3. And finally, an agreed upon Skyrim + Dishonored for Bioshock 1-3 and a DLC. At that point, you have real values being traded back and forth.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please PM me. That way, folks won't be looking at the thread for fresh material.
Added new game: Defender's Quest (GOG).
blarth: Adding the following games.

Operation Flashpoint: Red River (steam / humble gift link)
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (steam / humble gift link)
I'll take Operation Flashpoint: Red River (for my brother) and leave Papers Please (GOG)
blarth: Adding the following games.

Operation Flashpoint: Red River (steam / humble gift link)
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (steam / humble gift link)
Tallima: I'll take Operation Flashpoint: Red River (for my brother) and leave Papers Please (GOG)
Humble gift link PM"d. : )